DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deception Works

+12
AkAlina
Charm
Fishing4Infinity
archiesangel
Eve
EllaMila1
Raevien
Cylor
Vandal
FloatingMagikarp
thewizardofodd12
TheDeceiverGod
16 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Deception Works - Page 2 Empty Re: Deception Works

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/28/2009, 6:28 pm

All Hail The Glory of Lord Darkseid!!
Deception Works - Page 2 Thedir10

I'm really proud of this one. but it looks Soo much better as a thumbnail it makes me sad.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 10/29/2009, 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/6/2009, 2:11 am

Deception Works - Page 2 Doodle10
Just some doodles, nothing much.

See this is what my mind generates when it's not occupied, so for the love of us all, let's try to keep me occupied?

PS: On a side note I would make the best Mad Scientist ever. Just listen.

"I have finally managed to condense an essence of pure, unaltered, unconditional love into a physical form! I call it. Love Slug!"

And I would too.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 11/6/2009, 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 11/6/2009, 2:35 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Deception Works - Page 2 Doodle10
Just some doodles, nothing much.

See this is what my mind generates when it's not occupied, so for the love of us all, let's try to keep me occupied?

PS: On a side note I would make the best Mad Scientist ever. Just listen.

"I have finally managed to condense an essence of pure, unaltered, unconditional love into a physical form! I call it. Love Slug!"

And I would too.

Love sluuuug!
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

https://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/6/2009, 2:48 am

Yes, he is Love Slug, and he loves you.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/6/2009, 11:19 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Yes, he is Love Slug, and he loves you.

Haha I like the goblins and of course the slug!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/12/2009, 3:50 pm

Deception Works - Page 2 Image_10
I tried coloring this one, but while the guy worked pretty well I just douldn't get that 'shade monster' feel for the beast in the background.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/12/2009, 3:57 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Deception Works - Page 2 Image_10
I tried coloring this one, but while the guy worked pretty well I just couldn't get that 'shade monster' feel for the beast in the background.

Well you're absolutely right about working better on monsters than humans, but it does overall look nice! Wink

I like the contrast between him and the monster a lot!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 11/13/2009, 12:57 am

not bad on your monster deceiver ^^
i think you need to work with the shapes a little more is all because
one thing i know about myself... i usually specialize in drawing monsters
over my sucky humans >_< but bleh, anyways, it's still cool Smile

and no worries about shading. i need to work on that too >_>
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

https://www.youtube.com/user/FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 11/13/2009, 1:00 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:I really like the colors on this one, so it gets to be big.
Deception Works - Page 2 Olympi11
See-more's my favorite.
nice :D
what did you use to color it? owo
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/13/2009, 1:19 am

Photoshop 7
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 11/13/2009, 2:16 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Photoshop 7
thanks ^^
hm... i wonder what's the difference between that
and Photoshop CS3.. ._.; i heard that the earlier versions
are easier to use though so yeah >.<
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/13/2009, 2:44 am

FloatingMagikarp wrote:
thanks ^^

They're really pretty much the same. (My school has the latest, but I only have 7) The only major difference is that the newer version have a slightly different look, but since you can customize the look that doesn't really matter, and MORE. So the earlier versions are easier to figure out how to use, because they have less to figure out.

Personally if I had a choice, I'd take the latest, many a time have I gone to use a filter I got addicted to in class only to low and behold it not there.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 11/13/2009, 2:58 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
FloatingMagikarp wrote:
thanks ^^

They're really pretty much the same. (My school has the latest, but I only have 7) The only major difference is that the newer version have a slightly different look, but since you can customize the look that doesn't really matter, and MORE. So the earlier versions are easier to figure out how to use, because they have less to figure out.

Personally if I had a choice, I'd take the latest, many a time have I gone to use a filter I got addicted to in class only to low and behold it not there.
i see o.o
and er, what's a filter? owo
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/13/2009, 3:04 am

FloatingMagikarp wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
FloatingMagikarp wrote:
thanks ^^

i see o.o
As basic a thing as blur or distort, ranging to things far far more complex.

They're effects, things you can do to the entire image or just a selection. The newer the version the better the filters. Some even have auto-ripples.

Most of the time you don't use them for a prominent effect, but they can add just the right amount of accent to a piece.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 11/13/2009, 3:06 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
FloatingMagikarp wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
FloatingMagikarp wrote:
thanks ^^

i see o.o
As basic a thing as blur or distort, ranging to things far far more complex.

They're effects, things you can do to the entire image or just a selection. The newer the version the better the filters. Some even have auto-ripples.

Most of the time you don't use them for a prominent effect, but they can add just the right amount of accent to a piece.
oh, now i know what you're talking about! o.o thanks! :D
bleh, i need to start learning my PS vocabulary >_<
screw the SATs, i have Photoshop words to learn D:< XD

anyways, i guess i should be playing around with PS more.
need to get used to the tools >.<
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/13/2009, 10:44 am

I think that major tools that I use like the History Brush can't be found in earlier versions. I'm not sure if these other tools and filters are included in earlier versions but I use Color Burn, Lens Blur, Eraser, Brush, History Brush, Stamp, Dodge, Burn, Blur, and Sharpen. Photoshop just isn't photoshop without these to me. I barely use it to draw but use it more to edit photos, so others might have different options.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 11/14/2009, 9:11 pm

Mercy wrote:I think that major tools that I use like the History Brush can't be found in earlier versions. I'm not sure if these other tools and filters are included in earlier versions but I use Color Burn, Lens Blur, Eraser, Brush, History Brush, Stamp, Dodge, Burn, Blur, and Sharpen. Photoshop just isn't photoshop without these to me. I barely use it to draw but use it more to edit photos, so others might have different options.
come to think of it.... those are the only tools im probably most familiar with... o-o
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/15/2009, 1:29 am

Word to the wise, Dodge & Burn =/= Highlight & Shadow. I personally like to make two additional layers for those two, Overlay or Screen for highlights, Multiply for Shadows, use the light's color on the Highlight layer, and straight black on the Shadow layer then just mess with the layer's opacity. But that's me.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eve 11/17/2009, 4:18 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:I really like the colors on this one, so it gets to be big.
Deception Works - Page 2 Olympi11
See-more's my favorite.

Your base coloring is ok, but the shading is pretty weak, and rather wobbly around the edges.

Do you make use of the pen tool? It doesn't seem you lineart your work, I would suggest you give that a go though, gives better definition to your work. Use the pen tool as well to help shape your shadings.

I'm looking at this coloring piece of yours and it comes off too plain. Your art's nice but lets try adding some details.

Keep it up.
Eve
Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/17/2009, 12:39 pm

I'm not really a huge fan of inking things, I find it takes up more time than it's worth and I actually like the look of scratchy pencil lines on a drawing. Something about pencils vs pens just makes drawings feel warmer to me.

That beings said I'm a ridiculously huge fan of the Pen Tool, but mostly just because I love vector art. I'm hoping to get my hands on a tablet sometime this holiday season, and hopefully when I do I'll have a whole flurry of new stuff to upload that you will all just drool over. Laughing

And honestly, I'd be willing to bet my coloring skills have improve even since just that old villains image, I mean that was like what two three weeks ago? It's practically ancient! I just don't have anything newer, at least not that I'd show around.

I may have something new shortly though I got inspired looking up Greek deities on Wikipedia again. Moros & Apate, doom & deceit baby!
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eve 11/17/2009, 12:50 pm

I happen to absolutely love the scratchy pencil look, but even that can be better defined with a pen tool. The pen tool allows you to do more than the standard lineart. I'm not familiar with the procedure, but it allows you to better delineate your pencil strokes and I've seen it come up with some great results. I myself will have look into it sometime.
Eve
Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/17/2009, 1:01 pm

The Pen Tool in virtually any Adobe program is a vector path tool, meaning that it's, at it's core, math based. You use it to add points, like grid points, to sort of 'connect the dots' to make a path, you can adjust the anchors of each point which adjust how the line or 'path' enters and leaves that point, essentially manipulating the curve or angle of the point.

It's great for like, adding an outline to something, or selecting a complex area, at least in Photoshop though it's only main action is to select things. You can select far better with the Pen Tool than with the Lasso Tool or any variations there of, but I'm not so sure about using it to making pencil lines more predominate, perhaps use the Pen Tool and then something else on that selection, but the Pen Tool in and of itself, in Photoshop, is just a selection tool.

Illustrator, or any other vector-base-program for that matter, now there's a completely different story, but vector art just can't be warm like pencil art. It's far too clean.

I happen to like clean too.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eve 11/17/2009, 1:20 pm

I am quite familiar with how the Pen Tool works Deceiver, I was merely putting forth a suggestion that you could use the tool for pencil art. The Pen Tool may primarily be a selection tool, but can still be used for variants of things as I know from my experience.
Eve
Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/17/2009, 1:57 pm

Well forgive me but in my experience the Pen Tool can't be used for anything beyond making selections, in Photoshop, so forgive me if I haven't the foggiest clue what you're talking about.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/27/2009, 5:30 am

Deception Works - Page 2 Font11

Yeah The Only Thing I'm particularly happy with in this image is the fire. I'm far better at effects than I am anything else really, and I really want a tablet.

Anyway this is Chaos Font (Font as in a source, rather than a text) the first in a new line of villains I dreamed up, I want to draw them all, but I'm not sure I really see that happening.

But for those of you interested here's his bio

Spoiler:
True History
Spoiler:
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content