DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random News

+46
Radiance
redeagle321
Quickfeather
Cylor
Xenophobic Sponge
Bass_so_low
TheDeceiverGod
miniloaf94
RustleXer
princess of darkness
zillyboy
Starfire_02
Music_Hero2779
Nightstar19
Faust
starfire1996
StaticJames
TheGoAsk
ChoMo
Vandal
quinceyleejonas
Laughing_Man
SylverBluTitan
archiesangel
Negromancer
Azrael
EllaMila1
~Angel~
makamook
0chocolachao0
Titans_Fan123
pentatitans5
Rachel1466
PJA1692
Sierra
ravenfan
StarxRob4ever
BeastBoysGirl93
Forza3yeah
Naked Snake
artemis 1223
Blitzkrieg
Riaaanna
Thecrazykid3649
thewizardofodd12
FloatingMagikarp
50 posters

Page 37 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Random News - Page 37 Empty Re: Random News

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/12/2009, 1:54 pm

Don't think Crazy's been online yet today.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/12/2009, 1:57 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Don't think Crazy's been online yet today.

Meh.. well if we were in the Chatbox I'd have to say "gtg" anyways. I got to read "War and Peace" now.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 11/12/2009, 2:17 pm

FloatingMagikarp wrote:To those who have thrown your criticizing remarks at mykan,
please stop. You are free to criticize his fanfics and whatnot,
but do so in a decent manner that does not go overboard to the point
where it will flare arguments that are necessary.

I've known mykan far longer than any of you here, other than a certain veteran
member who has retired. He is not the type who would throw tantrums to destroy
anyone's pride, confidence, or even to simply annoy others. He is truly and honestly
being himself which we have no right to judge who he is. And actually... Despite some
of the drama and tantrums that he had unintentionally thrown at us in the past, I can see
now that he is trying his hardest to improve his behavior for the sake of himself and especially
you guys; the ones who are complaining about him. (which I am referring to those of you who are anyways.)

Lastly, he is a loyal and great Project member that I was so fortunate to meet in the early days
when I had started this Project last year in early June 2008. Some of you here who enjoy the forums
should at least show gratitude for he may have been the one who sent an invite to you, after all, he's been
the only messenger here for a while after my long month of recruiting people, and he's even gone far beyond
that to contributing his works to Proj. '08 as well as continuing his passion for the Beast Boy and Terra couple through videos today.

-I know it seems that I am writing a biography on him or something, but all I ask is for you guys
to show is your equal respect as members on this forum to this fellow over here; our fellow Proj. member that is.
For those of you are are not as interested in the Proj. and are only here for the heck of it, please at least show your respect to another forum member; it's the basic rule of most forums anyways. We need not start any drama over this guy, and again, we should compliment him on his work. He did nothing but defend his fanfics the other night by stating reasons for why he did each thing instead of shooting back his own insults at his criticizers who I must say have most likely gone overboard considering the number of complaints that I got.

I'm sure everyone here wants a forum where we can discuss things in peace, and give leveled constructive criticism on certain topics when needed. If you are only here shower your own personal opinions on others in an ill-mannered way without considering the feelings of the other person, I suggest that you please leave this place or you will be banned under the act of harrassing any member.

-Please keep this in mind, all of you.
I am not saying that we must create an Utopia here, but I am only asking for everyone to keep things leveled. If arguments do arrive, do not turn them into a war. It's the only thing among you guys that I truly ask for; in return, please consider them.

Sincerely,
Karp

Well without the chatbox, I don't think I'd ever come back on... As far as general communication goes, it seems to be the modus operandi. I think it would not only be lame for the members who use it, but would reflect badly on the project. Dysfunction and entropy are abundant in this world. Is that something we really want to emulate?
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/12/2009, 2:57 pm

He is truly and honestly being himself which we have no right to judge who he is.
Psychologists would disagree with you. Murderers and such are being themselves. Arsonists and pyromaniacs are just being themselves. They need judgement and help. Not enablers. A problem is a problem.

And I'm sorry, any guy who can spout off that he hates people who live between fantasy and reality - in other words, folks who like fiction and actually have a life outside of it, which is most people - and says they don't deserve to be alive and crap like that with a straight face is in desperate, desperate need of help. Not people who enable his bad traits and pat him on the head. Yes, he actually said something to that effect once. I tried not to judge - and I've only just yesterday made my mind up about him completely - but when I first heard that, I'll be honest when I tell you my first thought was "head case". I was actually alarmed, because that's the kind of talk you hear from serial killers or people who shoot up schools before they do it.

It took Snake to calm me down and reassure me that he's not that nuts, for christ sakes.

We need not start any drama over this guy, and again, we should compliment him on his work.
You want people to just nod their heads, pat him on the head and tell him good job when he shoves his fics - which clearly need work and could benefit from some constructive criticism - down everyones throats and then ignores any attempts to talk to him about ways to improve? Sorry, but I'm not a yes-man. Most folks are not. I'm not going to compliment someone on bad work just to spare them. He's going to get good reactions with the bad; if he's going to continue to push his ideas and fics on everyone, he's going to need to understand that.

He did nothing but defend his fanfics the other night by stating reasons for why he did each thing instead of shooting back his own insults at his criticizers who I must say have most likely gone overboard considering the number of complaints that I got.
You means his fan club whom defend his every move? Yeah, I expected that. Doesn't bother me.

The thing is, I didn't insult him. He stated things that sounded like they simply would not work. He passed criticism off like they were invalid. I also gave him alternatives or tried to talk to him about trying other things. He ignored it and talked like normal avenues of help or writing were just these awful fixtures etc. If he takes anything I said as an insult, than he's way too fragile and that's a problem with him, not me.

The closest I came to insulting him was when he said "well, you finally got SOMETHING right Az...", to which I shot back "I get a lot of things right. It's a shame you don't." I don't feel sorry for that remark either. By that point, he'd proven himself to be insufferable and prone to making excuses. He's the one who starts talking about his fics and his things at every opportunity; when someone says something, they're wrong and he tries to explain it, haphazardly, and ignores when it's described why it doesn't work.

Also, no, he didn't shoot any insults. He waits until everyone is gone before he does that.

It's not just me or Snake - whom I'm well aware all of you have pegged as nothing but a troublemaker - either. Sylver, as mentioned, had a run in recently where she and another member tried to talk to him about holes in his plots and he just completely raved off like they didn't know what they were taking about. Then when Sylver and the other person got annoyed and didn't want to talk about it anymore, he left this place. But hey, I'm not surprised he came back; I doubt there was much of an audience at the over place and considering how much he loves to talk about himself and his fics I suppose that must have been positively unbearable. Sylver is a very levelheaded person, far beyond most; she's not going to get frustrated and such without due cause.

Like I said, I learned last night that Dakari-King Mykan has his awful reputation for a reason.

If the problems are going to go away, he needs to change too. He thinks change is bad and he doesn't want to, despite what you say. He basically said that last night. Which means the issues are just going to continue.

You can only respect someone when they earn it.

I think it would not only be lame for the members who use it, but would reflect badly on the project.
Quite a few members don't even really participate in the forum community. They go there simply for the chatbox. If anything, that reflects poorly. It's supposed to be an addition to the main community. Not an attraction. If all it's doing is attracting people to it and not the community itself, what's the point?

Last edited by Azrael on 11/12/2009, 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 11/12/2009, 3:32 pm

I’m not a confrontational person either, seeing as I generally let things slide unless I really feel the need to have the matter addressed, and even then I don’t approach it with guns blazing. I’m a pretty easy-going gal. However, during the aforementioned conversation I was frustrated, and it would certainly seem like an argument had ensued, but only because the conversation had become very circular. As in, his repetition caused more repetition on my and the other member’s part. So, frustrated? Yes. Angry, as he implied? No.

A person willing to learn from another’s perspective doesn’t feel the constant need to lash out with their side of the issue, and I speak from solely a writer’s point of view. Yes, a reader and the author will have different opinions of what had occurred within the story, but when the matter makes absolutely no sense and would benefit from a reconstruction then it’s the writer’s job to see to the correction. Or have a very good reason to leave it; a reason that makes sense. If the point needs to be explained outside the story, then the writer has not done his or her job to provide necessary understanding, which is the whole purpose of writing anything.

I will say, without being prideful, that he could greatly benefit from any criticism I give in particular, and should at the very least listen with an open mind to what everyone has to say, not slander them later on behind their backs.

But as I stated before, my intention was not harassment or flaming, but to provide constructive criticism and help a writer to really move forward with his works. It’s not my fault his sensitivity got in the way of his chance at improving.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 11/12/2009, 3:38 pm

To all: Or, and this works just as well, you can just stay off of the chatbox. That would work to the completely same effect. Or are you incapable of doing that? Anyways I shed no hostility towards you, just please stop with this drama. I know one thing for sure. If this "charecter" on topic wishes to believe the sky is green or purple, than let it be so. Dismiss any comments said circa the argument made by him and if this is truly how it is or how you feel, then pretend his opinion is not relevent and say nothing more of it. I will say this in a way that I hope all you will understand. If you you have half of a brain, you will realize that to rationalize that which is irrational is a fallacy, and to beat up on someone who no longer holds correspondance with reality is a moot endeavor. I am not taking sides here, I am just simply stating that this argument and whether all of your arguments hold water or not is immaterial at this point, fruition can no longer be achieved, not on any level, and to continue this would be a disparragingly sad waste of the human mind and all of our time. Lesson learned. For those of you who dislike him, you have your reasons now. For those of you who like him, you have your reasons as well. Let this end, it cannot possibly bring anything but selfdestruction.
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 11/12/2009, 3:47 pm

All in All, we just want all the members to keep the peace. Don't involve yourself in the disharmony and the chaos that is found on this site and every other forum. Don't go around looking for trouble. Its best to let some matters be and disengage yourself from it.

The Admins have talked it over and the majority voted to keep the chatbox. (Yes, people can IM. But for some reason, a lot of people prefer CB's. The CB is also convienient.) We decided it would be better to root out the trouble-makers instead of making the entire forum suffer. So I doubt I or any other Admin will ever have to result to taking the whole chatbox down.(One of the forum rules might be modified.) Our focus is on those who constantly stir up trouble. If the shoe fits, put it on. If it doesn't, give it to salvation army.

With this being said, I will put the cb back up like I promised.

Last edited by Thecrazykid3649 on 11/12/2009, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/12/2009, 3:57 pm

Or, and this works just as well, you can just stay off of the chatbox.
I do, for the most part. And will continue to do so, largely because of him.

Also, that's kind of unfair to say. As I mentioned, the chatbox is kind of a side thing. Folks shouldn't HAVE to stay away from it because someone is insufferable. It should be choice, like the one I make. They have every right to go there, but just because they do doesn't mean they should have to put up with BS while automatically keeping quiet.

It's a two-way street; a chatbox shouldn't merely be a forum for someones faults and to annoy others.

If you you have half of a brain, you will realize that to rationalize that which is irrational is a fallacy, and to beat up on someone who no longer holds correspondance with reality is a moot endeavor.
Yesterday was my first real interaction with him aside from what I've known outside of speaking with him. You're talking like I've been doing this for a while. Also, the half a brain comment is unnecessary, really.

Let this end, it cannot possibly bring anything but selfdestruction.
IT'S SUPER-EFFECTIVE.

AZRAEL FAINTED.

RAIN OF TEARS FAINTED.

If it doesn't, give it to salvation army.
Eh. I don't like the Salvation Army. They charge for things. When you're poor and needy, you obviously can't pay for the stuff, otherwise you'd just go to the store. I've got a lot of clothes and stuff I'm trying to get rid of right now, but this is kind of a problem; anyplace I can go to where I'll be sure it goes to the people who need it most is so damn far away.

Such a shame that being charitable can be such a hassle sometimes.

End random tangent.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 11/12/2009, 4:05 pm

Rain_of_Tears wrote:To all: Or, and this works just as well, you can just stay off of the chatbox. That would work to the completely same effect. Or are you incapable of doing that? Anyways I shed no hostility towards you, just please stop with this drama. I know one thing for sure. If this "charecter" on topic wishes to believe the sky is green or purple, than let it be so. Dismiss any comments said circa the argument made by him and if this is truly how it is or how you feel, then pretend his opinion is not relevent and say nothing more of it. I will say this in a way that I hope all you will understand. If you you have half of a brain, you will realize that to rationalize that which is irrational is a fallacy, and to beat up on someone who no longer holds correspondance with reality is a moot endeavor. I am not taking sides here, I am just simply stating that this argument and whether all of your arguments hold water or not is immaterial at this point, fruition can no longer be achieved, not on any level, and to continue this would be a disparragingly sad waste of the human mind and all of our time. Lesson learned. For those of you who dislike him, you have your reasons now. For those of you who like him, you have your reasons as well. Let this end, it cannot possibly bring anything but selfdestruction.
That entire paragraph was, in fact, riddled with hostility. Whether you meant to or not. Please, if you intend on explaining a point without hostile implications, express yourself as such. Or don’t explain yourself as non-hostile before advertently or inadvertently sounding as such. Most of us are big boys and girls. We can handle it.

As for the fictional realms, sure. The sky is purple. But why? Have an explanation, and have it make sense in some fashion. Don’t just expect everyone to pass on that “minor” detail. It’s the essence of writing. I’m standing, as I said, from a writer’s standpoint on this issue. It has absolutely nothing to do with the person himself, or irrationality as you put it. It’s the writing.

As for total plot holes? That cannot be ignored. It’s poor planning and poor writing, I don’t care if it’s fan fiction or not. If anyone enjoys a piece of such elementary fiction, fine. Read it. But to those who would rather see some semblance of effort put into something that a person claims to love, don’t jump down their throat for a piece of critical judgment that could help improve the literature. Blatantly rejecting a chance to learn could easily be the height of ignorance.

This is why Stephenie Meyer, and subsequently Twilight, fails so hard.
True enough. XP
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Negromancer 11/12/2009, 4:29 pm

American Automotive announced a recall on all car models with neckbelts...they have been proven to cause violent decapitation
Negromancer
Negromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/12/2009, 4:31 pm

Azrael wrote:Quite a few members don't even really participate in the forum community. They go there simply for the chatbox. If anything, that reflects poorly. It's supposed to be an addition to the main community. Not an attraction. If all it's doing is attracting people to it and not the community itself, what's the point?

This is pretty much it, yeah.

I can understand keeping the chatbox I suppose, I won't much use it much since I'm a Skype person myself, but if others prefer it to IMs for some reason more power to them. But the thing is, I'd say the bulk of the most active members don't actually post on the main forum. Which strikes me as odd. Maybe adjust the rules so that people have to be active members to use the chat box? This will potentially make those chat box lurkers come out of hiding and add content to the forum, which will potentially add more conversation on the threads, which will potentially generate more conversation, thus making the forum better overall. Doing that will also make the forum more active, thus making it more attractive for new members to join.

More or less, I'm just looking for ways to improve this place as a whole.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 11/12/2009, 4:37 pm

The chatbox in its entirety is essentially "Stroke Dakari-King Mykan's ego and watch ultimateravenfan and blackwolf play kissy-face."

The hell with it.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/12/2009, 4:40 pm

Naked Snake wrote:watch ultimateravenfan and blackwolf play kissy-face.
I thought they were both dudes? I'm confused now.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 11/12/2009, 4:41 pm

Azrael wrote:

No, kyuubi was a dude. I think. Blackwolf isn't a dude.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/12/2009, 4:41 pm

Azrael wrote:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 11/12/2009, 4:44 pm

Azrael wrote:

First I thought Ultimateravenfan was the girl and blackwolf the guy. xD

Last edited by EllaMila1 on 11/13/2009, 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

https://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by Negromancer 11/12/2009, 4:45 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
Azrael wrote:

It's HERESY
Negromancer
Negromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/12/2009, 4:47 pm

EllaMila1 wrote:
Azrael wrote:

First I thought Ultimateravenfan was the firl and blackwolf the guy. xD

See, and if they posted more on the actual forum we might know them better and know their sex! My point stands! :)

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/12/2009, 4:49 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Well, I never said there was. I was just under the impression...

You know what? Screw it. I can't be expected to be on top of folks who don't even post on the forums. =P
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/12/2009, 4:51 pm

Azrael wrote:
Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Well, I never said there was. I was just under the impression...

You know what? Screw it. I can't be expected to be on top of folks who don't even post on the forums. =P

Never a Seinfeld fan, were you? (It's a gag from an episode)

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/12/2009, 5:02 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:Never a Seinfeld fan, were you? (It's a gag from an episode)
I haven't seen much of the show. Just caught an episode or two here and there and thought it wasn't bad. It's just one of the numerous series that I never truly got into. I've got a lot of shows to catch up on, really.

So yeah, I kind of missed the joke.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 11/12/2009, 7:27 pm

... sup Smile
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Negromancer 11/12/2009, 7:55 pm