DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games!

+7
Rain
Thecrazykid3649
Luck
RustleXer
Xenophobic Sponge
Terra
Vandal
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Video Games! Empty Video Games!

Post by Vandal 11/30/2009, 12:29 am

What's your list? Your favorites? Are you a rich loser and have all three next generation systems and only play one?

I have a Nintendo Wii and an X-Box 360.

Wii-
-Resident Evil 4
-Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
-Super Smash Brothers Brawl

360-
-Resident Evil 5
-Anything Call of Duty
-Gears of War/Gears 2

I don't have Halo, though I'm looking forward to getting ODST and also looking forward to picking up Arkham Asylum for Christmas. My Wii is begging for Darkside Chronicles. I don't play much fru-fru games cause of my brothers, but I still play them the same amount as they do, even though I'm not as addicted.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Video Games! Empty Re: Video Games!

Post by Terra 11/30/2009, 12:44 am

Yayyy! I like this topic (:

Nintendo 64:
Paper Mario
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart
Starfox 64

Xbox 360:
Halos 1, 2, and 3
Halo ODST
Fable 1 and 2
Call of Duty (Pretty much all of them, except World at War left me disappointed)
Gears of War 1 and 2 (The second one's multiplayer disappointed me Sad)
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/30/2009, 12:54 am

My current game of choice right now is Left 4 Dead on the PC. I don't have Left 4 Dead 2 yet because me and three others are going to get the four pack off STEAM when they have their typical boxing day sale.

I'm also replaying Resident Evil 5 for no real reason.

I'm also waiting slightly impatiently for the new Silent Hill game, as it is quite possibly my favourite game series ever.

Other games I love would be Team Fortress 1, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, Final Fantasy Tactics and most anything Harvest Moon.

My first system was the ColecoVision, and I've had (most) everything since then. (No PS3 though, I've yet to see anything on that system that I want that can't also be gotten on 360).

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by RustleXer 11/30/2009, 1:05 am

call of duty :D
assassins creed
grand theft auto
super mario bros
animal crossing: wild world (most addictive game ever)
the tony hawk games Smile
RustleXer
RustleXer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/30/2009, 1:17 pm

Terra wrote:
Call of Duty (Pretty much all of them, except World at War left me disappointed)
Gears of War 1 and 2 (The second one's multiplayer disappointed me Sad)

I'm so glad I didn't turn in Call of Duty 4 for World at War like some of my friends did. World at War was terrible :b
and Gears 2 wasn't nearly as good as Gears 1. But I do enjoy Horde mode, cause I don't get raped so easily. Getting killed by glitches is so frustrating.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra 11/30/2009, 5:58 pm

Mercy wrote:
I'm so glad I didn't turn in Call of Duty 4 for World at War like some of my friends did. World at War was terrible :b
and Gears 2 wasn't nearly as good as Gears 1. But I do enjoy Horde mode, cause I don't get raped so easily. Getting killed by glitches is so frustrating.

Sooo true! World at War was overly gory and was a step back from Modern Warfare.. Plus Nazi Zombies was TERRIBLE
LOL and once again, true. I loveeee horde and Gears 2 had an amazing campaign, but Gears 1 was just all around better
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/30/2009, 10:38 pm

Terra wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Sooo true! World at War was overly gory and was a step back from Modern Warfare.. Plus Nazi Zombies was TERRIBLE
LOL and once again, true. I loveeee horde and Gears 2 had an amazing campaign, but Gears 1 was just all around better

Oh my gosh.. none of my friends or brothers agrees with me on Gears 2! They say Gears 2 was better, but really, I wish the blood stayed black and stylized. Its one factor that made it stand out. And Dom was such a wimp about his wife..
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra 11/30/2009, 11:10 pm

Mercy wrote:
Terra wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Oh my gosh.. none of my friends or brothers agrees with me on Gears 2! They say Gears 2 was better, but really, I wish the blood stayed black and stylized. Its one factor that made it stand out. And Dom was such a wimp about his wife..

LOL I guess it's a girl thing XD
I think they made small errors on both regarding blood.. in the first one it looked realistic, but caused some serious screen lag as someone bled like crazy... in the second one it didn't do that, but looked wayyyy to bright red and unrealistic... O.o

Dom was sooo cool in the first one! Then the second one... grrr I mean I know his wife died, but seriously, he's tougher than that. The makers laid it on a little too thick... "/
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/30/2009, 11:30 pm

Terra wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Terra wrote:
Mercy wrote:

LOL I guess it's a girl thing XD
I think they made small errors on both regarding blood.. in the first one it looked realistic, but caused some serious screen lag as someone bled like crazy... in the second one it didn't do that, but looked wayyyy to bright red and unrealistic... O.o

Dom was sooo cool in the first one! Then the second one... grrr I mean I know his wife died, but seriously, he's tougher than that. The makers laid it on a little too thick... "/

Yeah the blood was WAY too bright! I could have seriously damaged my eyes!

That's all Dom blabbed about throughout the entire game and when he first blew up in the opening scene I thought to myself "He has a wife?" And I just got the new level that was taken out when Marcus and Dom go in disguise... I can't wait for the weekend.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/30/2009, 11:33 pm

RustleXer wrote:
the tony hawk games Smile

Oh man, I remember those.. I stopped buying them at T.H.U.G.
I wish I kept buying them, but at around THUG 2 and American Wasteland I stopped. I looking into a Downhill Jam and was disappointed terribly. I wanted my $50 back.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck 12/1/2009, 10:18 pm

Mercy wrote:
360-
-Resident Evil 5
-Anything Call of Duty
-Gears of War/Gears 2

You have just become my favorite person on this site.
Luck
Luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 3/26/2010, 12:37 pm

*Breathes life into this dead thread* XD

Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl are mah favorites. I'll destroy any of you jokers who would dare oppose me in those games. Razz
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 3/26/2010, 1:08 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:*Breathes life into this dead thread* XD

Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl are mah favorites. I'll destroy any of you jokers who would dare oppose me in those games. Razz
Man I haven't played either of those in a long time.. Not since Resident Evil 5 and Modern Warfare 2....

My characters were Link in Melee and Falco in Brawl.... Which ones are your best?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 3/26/2010, 1:22 pm

I am good with most of the characters, but especially Peach and Zelda/Sheik. Both of them are light and easy to send flying, but i've mastered 'em both. (I iz a beast <.< XD) I've learned to use Peach's ability to float to my advantage. Its funny, cuz she's one of the weakest fighters on either game, but I STILL own with her. XD

Zelda, on the other hand, is one of the strongest characters. She's slow, but if you can catch your opponents off-guard, its EASY to dominate. EASY. Sheik isn't all that powerful, but if you learn to juggle oppenents with her blinding speed and graceful moves, you'll have their damage level at an extreme high in a matter of seconds. Then you can finish them off with Zelda. (Thats what I do XD)

But yeah, I am AWESOME with Zelda/Sheik and Peach. And Link, pikachu, and a bunch of others. :D
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 3/26/2010, 1:59 pm

Huh o.o; maybe I don't wanna try you XD

Though I found if you're going on one with someone and you're Zelda, if you have the opportunity to knock someone off the stage, you can keep them from ever coming back on the stage when you constantly use Din's Fire (Forward+B) on them in midair. Also assuming you have good aim XD
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 3/27/2010, 12:05 am

I could beat you crazy, I'd destroy you. Zelda and peach are actually two of my favorite characters as well. I bet you c-stick a bunch. I'd kill you with Marth or Link.
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 3/27/2010, 1:00 am

Didn't realize we have this. O.o I wish I have a cooler gaming platform. You know. Something newer than PS 1. -_-
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadeTitan97 3/27/2010, 1:30 am

I got brawl, i use a mixture depending on what mood im in
if i want to go mostly brute force and badass, i play snake
if i want to tease my opponent and run away all the time, i play shiek
If idc if i loose and i just like pissing them off, i play Sonic
i have other ones but thats all i will name at the moment.
ShadeTitan97
ShadeTitan97

http://www.freewebs.com/rebornshadowclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 3/28/2010, 7:54 am

Wow has this thread become a Super Smash thread? Really was that game THAT good? I mean who can forget about Golden Eye on the 64 (R.I.P. 007 series)? Or Twisted Metal (R.I.P. Since Twisted Metal Black)? Or what about Pokemon Stadium (R.I.P since pokemon stadium 2 XP)?

There are plenty of games that are better than Smash Bros, like Modern Warfare 2...
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 3/28/2010, 9:47 am

Bioshock is one of them.

That game is apic O_O

But Super Smash brothers is a good old classic game! Like Ocarina of Time, Rayman, Mission Impossible, Rampage, Donkey Kong 64, Starfox, and all those good ol games!

Sorry, but as much as I love all the modern games, I will always love the classics that were a part of my childhood.

XP!!
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 3/28/2010, 11:27 am

Fishing4Karma wrote:Bioshock is one of them.

That game is apic O_O

But Super Smash brothers is a good old classic game! Like Ocarina of Time, Rayman, Mission Impossible, Rampage, Donkey Kong 64, Starfox, and all those good ol games!

Sorry, but as much as I love all the modern games, I will always love the classics that were a part of my childhood.

XP!!
Who could forget any of those games really? Though I haven't played Mission Impossible, there's a place in my heart for Rampage :D and I played Twilight Princess before Ocarina of Time, and I think its better in every way imaginable.

I haven't played Bioshock either, though I want to cause of how good it was. Also in Bioshock 2 don't they up and give you a big daddy to control as your main character.. Sounds a little over the top for a sequel XP
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 3/29/2010, 1:14 pm

Mercy wrote:There are plenty of games that are better than Smash Bros, like Modern Warfare 2...

U know what game is better than Modern warfare 2? The new Bad compnay. XD
It's gonna blow it out of the water.
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 3/30/2010, 6:49 am

No way, Rain. Razz I am undefeated. No one has ever beat me in a one-on-one match. Ever. Everyone tries to beat me. All of them fail. I am THAT raw. Razz i wish we could meet up and play so that I can prove to y'all just how good I iz. Twisted Evil

I never use the C-stick. Your attacks are less powerful if you use the C-stick. (Especially Zelda's A+forward attack) and its inconvienient using the c-stick, because my handling/timing will be off and I won't be able to attack as fast. Zelda's light, but she is a smaller target than some characters. (Compared to Bowser or Donkey Kong.)

I usually use Din's fire to get my opponents damage level high while i'm standing at a distance. Everyone has some form of recovery move. (Except Yoshi, who relies on his ridiculously high jump.) So I usually just intercept my opponents recovery moves and make sure they don't make it back. Either that, or I send 'em sky high. XD
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck 3/30/2010, 5:29 pm

Super Smash Bros is and always will be amazing

Modern Warfare 2 is gettin old on a side note, but Mass Effect 2 kicks ass. Highly recommend it
Luck
Luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 3/30/2010, 9:04 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:No way, Rain. Razz I am undefeated. No one has ever beat me in a one-on-one match. Ever. Everyone tries to beat me. All of them fail. I am THAT raw. Razz i wish we could meet up and play so that I can prove to y'all just how good I iz. Twisted Evil

I never use the C-stick. Your attacks are less powerful if you use the C-stick. (Especially Zelda's A+forward attack) and its inconvienient using the c-stick, because my handling/timing will be off and I won't be able to attack as fast. Zelda's light, but she is a smaller target than some characters. (Compared to Bowser or Donkey Kong.)

I usually use Din's fire to get my opponents damage level high while i'm standing at a distance. Everyone has some form of recovery move. (Except Yoshi, who relies on his ridiculously high jump.) So I usually just intercept my opponents recovery moves and make sure they don't make it back. Either that, or I send 'em sky high. XD

I would break you and shatter sanity.
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next