DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young Justice cartoon is a go

+14
Ravenisawesome
LostShadowSoul
Laughing_Man
Fishing4Infinity
TheGoAsk
archiesangel
Thecrazykid3649
Rinisa
Riaaanna
TheDeceiverGod
Xenophobic Sponge
Naked Snake
Music_Hero2779
Azrael
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Young Justice cartoon is a go - Page 4 Empty Re: Young Justice cartoon is a go

Post by TheDeceiverGod 3/13/2011, 3:56 am

LostShadowSoul wrote:
if I say...wanted to beat the crap out of Young Justice-mainly 'whomping' on Superboy and Robin, causing serious damage, but then having the Justice League come into save them-what are the Top Ten Villains you recomend for the job?

Hmm, depends on who's rogue's gallery you wanted to borrow from.
Superman's Rogues
Spoiler:
Batman's Rogue
Baring in mind that Batman's rogues tend to be more, well, insane, than Superman's, I think they tend to make better characters over all, but can be harder to write for because they have royally messed up logic.
Spoiler:

Overall

1. Kalibak; Darkseid's son he lives to please his father, murdering Superman's 'son' would be just the ticket he'd want to punch, plus the potential for dialog between Kalibak and SB is too sweet to pass up SB: "Why are you doing this?" Kal: "I do this for my father!" SB: "Your father?" fails to pay attention to the fight and takes a hard blow to the face or other body part critically injuring him.

2. Osiris; Another mini-villain with a better relationship with his mentor than SB. I measure a lot against SB because ultimately it doesn't matter if your can deal with the Speedster or the Martian, the Kryptonian is the guy to beat, and Kryptonians are vulnerable to magic, and Osiris uses magic, plus he's at least as powerful as SB, probably more so, and again has a better relations ship with his 'family' leader than SB, though in this case it's not father son, they're brother-in-laws.

3. Parasite; Superman's villain and someone who the more people with powers you put up against him, the more powerful he becomes. Perfect for taking on a team of young, poorly trained heroes. Again, the potential for good dialog is a factor, drain off some of those memories from the team and taunt away, maybe even taunt Artemis with the knowledge that she has but we don't. 'You don't really think they're going to accept you do you? I mean look at you. You don't belong with them, what are you even doing here? I just took out Superboy, do you really wanna die fighting me? And for what? For them?' Rudy really doesn't get the kind of play he should, he's actually pretty cunning, in an evil janitor kind of way. Borrow your thoughts and he knows exactly what you try not to think about.

4. Deathstroke; Slade Wilson, you remember him from the Teen Titans cartoon. He's basically an assassin, the YJ could be trying to keep him from doing his job, the JL could not have known who was the assassin they were sending the team to counter. Not a lot of chances for good dialog push him down the list, but you could still do something sexy with him taunting the team like he generally does the Titans. (he's much more manipulative and less homo-erotic in the comics than in the show.)

5. Firefly; a regular guy with it bad for girl with flaming locks. I'd see a fight against him playing out with Firefly trying to light the girls on fire, Wally busying himself saving them, then Robin and SB doing what they can to beat him. Again you'd have to do something tricky to get Firefly to actually injure Superboy, one of the reasons he's pushed down the list.

6. Scarecrow; even less probably to hurt the team physical as Firefly, Scarecrow would be more into making them hurt themselves, or each other. Again SB becomes the guy to beat, and I don't really see Scarecrow hurting a Kryptonian no matter how much fear toxin he pumps into him, but he could pretty easily make SB hurt the rest of the team, Megan trying to calm him down telepathically could take a serious wrong turn if SB is hallucinating them as genomes.

7. Toyman; pushed down the list by the fact that he's hard to deal with, and in canon he's got a thing for the underaged girls, just fair warning. He had the advantage of actually being able to hurt a Kryptonian, he probably has something like a cannon of some kind that shoots something specially designed to hurt Kryptonians. I'm tempted to push him up the list since he could taunt the team fairly nicely, calling them things like 'Justice League knock-off' 'cheep imitations' or just even 'Young Justice League' (which was once upon a time going to be the actual name of the team.)

8. Atomic Skull; no chances for decent dialog here, and he's such a random character I don't even know that much about him. Still he seems crazy enough, and he can put a dent in a Kryptonian, so there is that much going for him.

9. Superman Elemental Villains: Livewire, Volcana, Killer Frost is one of his I think... which interestingly enough means that there's a Lightning Fire and Frost female villain for Superman, anyway any one of them could give the team a run for their money but it'd be a much more even fight than against #1 #2 or #3.
    Fun fact though, Killer Frost's powers work by draining heat, rather than by creating cold.

10. Anyone else from the lists above.

PS: Doctor Light should probably be on the list somewhere, but since I'm still holding out that he's going to be part of "The Light" if for no other reason than the fact that he's a Seriously high level villain, when not suffering from magical lobotomy, and his name is Doctor Light and their name is the Light.

Also this stupid thing reset my post at 12:00 midnight, so I had to type this post twice.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 3/13/2011, 4:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 3/13/2011, 2:33 pm

Damn, write that all twice? Sheesh.

Yeah, I've been catching up on everything with DC for over the past three years and my top choices were Deathstroke/Slade, Clayface, Ravanger (most likely a bad idea), The Joker (I would have made him come pretty close to killing 'birdboy'), Bane, and Posion Ivy or Scarecrow.

Got my fingers crossed for a non-whimpy Doctor Light. You do have a point with the 'light'. Everyone knows that Batmans foes are probally the most insane of the entire DC Universe.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Location : Nowhere, somewhere, the deepest depht's of your totured mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 3/14/2011, 1:42 am

"Kneel before Zod!"

Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/17/2011, 10:51 pm

I read somewhere that new Young Justice episodes were supposed to be aired June 3rd. But then they delayed it for an unknown period of time.

HOWEVER, the tenth and latest episode is available on YouTube here with flipping awesome quality considering that it's, well, YouTube. It's Miss Martian and Superboy's first day of school. I spotted some TT heroes in their new school friends. See if you can spot 'em, too.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 6/20/2011, 9:16 pm

So watched the episode, Ab is totally right this school has more Titans that most Towers do. Seriously, I think like, every named character came from the Titans comics. Wendy & Marvin are the genius duo who rebuild the tower like N-teenth times, Malcolm Duncan is Herald/Vox's real name, and it shouldn't take a genius to figure out who the girl in yellow & black with the big poofy powder puffs is.

Oh and Mr. Carr, who snaps his fingers to control the group of students... ahem "This is Snapper Carr reporting-"
his real name is Lucas Carr

The one criticism I would have is that it seems way to into showing the audience people's faces. I mean, we see Cheshire unmasked for like 10 seconds before she goes all assassin, and I'd be cool with just that, but then we also have her unmasked when she's in prison hitting on Roy, and when she's all sneaky sneaking in as a geisha for her second attempt.

Then Lex and Ras have their little drink at the end of the episode and it just like. Yes, we probably could've guessed Lex Luthor would be a member of the Light, he's Lex flippin' Luthor, he's a member of like everything...

TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/20/2011, 11:40 pm

Where is this episode....
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 6/20/2011, 11:52 pm

TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/21/2011, 6:23 pm

I think I'm going to wait until Season One comes out on DVD to watch it all. The first several episodes sold me, and I feel like I'm cheating out the producers when watching it on YouTube.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/25/2011, 7:05 pm

Young Justice cartoon is a go - Page 4 Theyoungjusticebycamilliette-d3hs1jl

Young Justice cartoon is a go - Page 4 Superheroes-batman-superman-really-working-it-robin
Couldn't resist sharing the cosplay. I think Supes is the best one.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 6/25/2011, 7:24 pm

I think I'm more amused by the fact that of the team with 2 girls in it, this version has all of two guys, maybe three hard to tell Kid Flash's gender, but I mean they included Arsenal so I think it evens out.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/25/2011, 7:46 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:I think I'm more amused by the fact that of the team with 2 girls in it, this version has all of two guys, maybe three hard to tell Kid Flash's gender, but I mean they included Arsenal so I think it evens out.

This is a better pic for the Kid Flash. 99.9% sure it's a guy.
(0.1% sure it's an alien thinking pretending to be a superhero is simply part of Earth culture.)
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RissieChie 6/27/2011, 11:09 pm

Lovin the cosplay.
RissieChie
RissieChie

http://twitter.com/#!/RissieChie

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 6/29/2011, 12:35 pm

abreu7 wrote:Young Justice cartoon is a go - Page 4 Theyoungjusticebycamilliette-d3hs1jl

Young Justice cartoon is a go - Page 4 Superheroes-batman-superman-really-working-it-robin
Couldn't resist sharing the cosplay. I think Supes is the best one.

Amazing! Question...Who are these people? They are flipp'in awesome!
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Location : Nowhere, somewhere, the deepest depht's of your totured mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4