DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agree or Disagree?

+9
Fishing4Infinity
Rinisa
Xenophobic Sponge
Naked Snake
archiesangel
Rain
Music_Hero2779
SnowFallsSlow
Thecrazykid3649
13 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Agree or Disagree? - Page 3 Empty Re: Agree or Disagree?

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/28/2010, 7:03 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
What kind of parent actually allows their child to sleep with whomever they please? I wouldn't keep my children blind to the matter of sex and the consequences of it. Sex is real and its a part of life. But they wouldn't have any business *practicing* sexual activity for when they find that special person. Not while they live in my house.

One that realizes that teenagers will do what they want, and the best way to go about things is not to forbid them from doing something that is otherwise legal, thus forcing them into doing it in a more dangerous environment, but instead allowing them a safe and nurturing environment which allows them the ability to do what they want safely and within a comfort zone.

Realistically, that is the infallible solution. But is it really that simple? If you and your partner were already at second-base or whatever, are you actually going to stop and say ''I forgot the condom''? I'm not saying its impossible to do that, but not everyone is that strong-willed. When lust takes the steering wheel, its hard for some to pull a U-turn.

No, no it's really not all that hard to pull a U-turn. And yes, yes it is that simple. Lust isn't as all powerful a force as you seem to think it is. "I forgot a condom" is more than enough to stop things from progressing. Sexually educated people deserve far more credit than you are giving them. Also, it's not enough to teach people to use a condom, it's equally important to teach people (both men and women) HOW to use a condom. It's a five step process, and a depressingly high number of people getting the abstinence only approach are unaware of anything beyond "put condom on."

No, I'm not saying that women are the only ones to blame and their falliblity is due to some uncanny weakness towards sexuality. I'm saying its sad and shameful to see these young women nowadays who have to go to the Maury show to find out who the father of their child is. Who have to drag the men they've laid down with to the show to prove to them its their child. But Women are NOT the only ones to blame.

Sorry man, I didn't want to say anything too accusatory because nobody else had mentioned it and I didn't want to jump on your case, but everything you've said has come across as either sexist or down right misogynistic. I'm honestly surprised to hear you saying the things you've been saying, it something I'd expect from people a few decades ago, not from you in this day and age.

You say that it's not what you meant, but it's pretty much what you were saying. Almost all of your past quotes focused on women not closing their legs, or women giving up their precious innocence while at the same time barely mentioning a man's part in things until you are called on it.

Wouldn't it hurt if the person you thought loved you only wanted a one-night stand, and wants nothing more to do with you?

Why yes, that would be a mule kick. But that has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with some people being jackasses. It would also suck to find out someone told me they loved me because of my money. Does this mean we should tell teens not to get a job until they're married?

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 11/28/2010, 7:07 pm

Fishing4Karma wrote:Let's get a gal's point of view in here, shall we?

Starting off, I disagree.

There is no law, no code of honor that one has to follow about sex outside a wedlock. I agree that, if someone wants to save it for marriage, then go right ahead. If they want to do it before getting married, then that's fine too. There is no right or wrong answer, it's all a matter of choice, besides being forced, but that's a whole different ball game.

As someone who hasn't experienced it yet, I'm assuming that everyone who is commenting on this thread right now has, I'm not going to say that sex is a wonderful experience. Do I want to have sex? Yes. Am I going to wait until I am married? Hell no. Did I jump into bed with the first guy I dated? No, because that was my choice.

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:The problem is a lot of teenage girls and women lay down with the first dude to say ''I love you.''

I find that, and a lot of what you're saying about how women are in this, to be a little bit sexist, Crazy. You're making it seem that every woman gives it away whenever they can and that every time someone has sex, they get pregnant or a disease. You're still a teenager, Crazy, why are you acting all-knowing? Not saying that I know more than you, just pointed out how you're portraying yourself right now.

Moving on, are you just getting all this from media facts? The way the media portrays sex is ridiculous. Lets take Twilight for example. Yes, I just did that, big whoop. They glorify abstinence and say that you have, you are going to DIIIIIEEEEEEE A HORRIBLE AND GRUESOME DEATH!! RAWRRR!!! And other movies, lets go with, oh, I don't know, Sex and the City, I guess. They portray sex as a daily activity that's full of magic and kittens and all that lovely BS. Since nowadays, a lot of people, especially teenagers, hang onto everything the media says, they believe that that's what sex truly is.

But all that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying that Women are brainless sex-objects that yield sex whenever asked or pressured. I'm sorry if you got that idea. I'm saying if people, both men and women, waited until marriage to have sex, you probably wouldn't see all these single mothers with 6 kids from 4 different fathers. I'm not trying to put all the blame on Women, because SOMEONE has to lay down with them, after all. However, girls CAN be wooed into sex with the simple uttering of the L word. So can boys. Its a sad fact, but true. Its not a matter of gender, and I wasn't trying to say only girls are susceptible to it.

Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 11/28/2010, 7:11 pm

Mercy wrote:Crazy, what were you thinking posting such a ridiculous question in a Teen Titans forum?

I think everyone is old enough to discuss this kind of topic. And in all fairness,%80 of the topics that are on this site aren't even affiliated with Teen Titans.
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/28/2010, 7:17 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:Crazy, what were you thinking posting such a ridiculous question in a Teen Titans forum?

I think everyone is old enough to discuss this kind of topic. And in all fairness,%80 of the topics that are on this site aren't even affiliated with Teen Titans.
You're not even 18 yet. And I don't mind serious conversations, I think this is a tad bit too adult for some of our other members.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 11/28/2010, 7:21 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
Sorry man, I didn't want to say anything too accusatory because nobody else had mentioned it and I didn't want to jump on your case, but everything you've said has come across as either sexist or down right misogynistic. I'm honestly surprised to hear you saying the things you've been saying, it something I'd expect from people a few decades ago, not from you in this day and age.

You say that it's not what you meant, but it's pretty much what you were saying. Almost all of your past quotes focused on women not closing their legs, or women giving up their precious innocence while at the same time barely mentioning a man's part in things until you are called on it.

See, I'm not the only one who thinks that most of what you're saying, Crazyk, is blaming the women.

I'm not saying that Women are brainless sex-objects that yield sex whenever asked or pressured. I'm sorry if you got that idea. I'm saying if people, both men and women, waited until marriage to have sex, you probably wouldn't see all these single mothers with 6 kids from 4 different fathers. I'm not trying to put all the blame on Women, because SOMEONE has to lay down with them, after all. However, girls CAN be wooed into sex with the simple uttering of the L word. So can boys. Its a sad fact, but true. Its not a matter of gender, and I wasn't trying to say only girls are susceptible to it.

^Case in point proven.

And besides the fact of that, my comment wasn't even mainly about that whole deal.

Also, I agree with Snake. Pretty much all teenagers are idiots when it comes to sex because they haven't experienced it AND they believe that whatever the media tells them about it, is true.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 11/28/2010, 7:33 pm

Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

You're not even 18 yet. And I don't mind serious conversations, I think this is a tad bit too adult for some of our other members.

So you have to be 18 to discuss the topic of sex?
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/28/2010, 7:37 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

I'm saying you yourself are too young to- wait you're black aren't you? Never mind.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 11/28/2010, 7:38 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

Or married?

Razz
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 11/28/2010, 7:42 pm

Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

I'm saying you yourself are too young to- wait you're black aren't you? Never mind.

What's that supposed to mean?

Last edited by Thecrazykid3649 on 11/28/2010, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/28/2010, 7:43 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

What?

I'm just saying, statistically speaking, black males your age are already sexually active.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 11/28/2010, 7:52 pm

Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

What?

I'm just saying, statistically speaking, black males your age are already sexually active.

Statistically speaking, women are supposed to be more careful in choosing their words than that.

I'm just saying.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/28/2010, 8:03 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

What?

Statistically speaking, women are supposed to be more careful in choosing their words than that.

I'm just saying.
That's odd coming from you.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/28/2010, 8:12 pm

Mercy wrote:I'm saying you yourself are too young to- wait you're black aren't you? Never mind.

Are you KIDDING me?

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 11/28/2010, 8:12 pm

I was not trying to generalize and say that all women are easy and gullible and are brainless when it comes to sex. I think my error was that I focused more on the women's role than on the men's role, as if women are solely responsible, and thats not what I believe and I apologize for seeming so chauvinistic. Men are just as responsible, if not more. I think Men tend to pressure women into having sex more than women do men. Men are more accustomed to the ''hit that and move on'' kind of thinking that I mentioned earlier. Men definitely tend to degrade Women to nothing more than pieces of meat. Especially in modern music. It can't all be blamed on the women nor the men.

Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 11/28/2010, 8:30 pm

Mercy wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

What?

I'm just saying.
That's odd coming from you.

I don't find sarcasm at all odd coming from me.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow 11/28/2010, 10:43 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:Men definitely tend to degrade Women to nothing more than pieces of meat.

I've gotta ask: who does that with a piece of meat?

As for the question, I'm on the fence here. Personally, I'm waiting 'til marriage. It's a strong part of my beliefs, and if I never get married, I'll end up just never having sex.

Of course, I say that now, as someone who's never been in a relationship of any kind. Asking me about sex is like asking me about heroin: I've never had the temptation to try it. My opinion might change when I find "The One," or even when I start dating.

However, if you'll notice in the paragraph two above, I said "personally" and "my beliefs." I think it should be left up to choice. For those who want to "save themselves" for their future other, making it so no one can do the dirty before marriage takes away all of the special.

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:Your first time having sex (especially if both parties are virgins) is not the sweet passionate thing you see in movies.

There's a commercial that comes to mind for some dating website: a woman is thinking about asking one of the guys for a one-night stand type deal, and it cuts to her fantasy. They try to kiss passionately and crack noses, he picks her up and hurts his back, and they end up stumbling all over each other. (She decides to stick with casual for now.) Is this more accurate?

Naked Snake wrote:I'm a softie at heart, and I think that sex should (ideally) occur between loving, committed partners.

I think that sums up my idea pretty well, with the only dissension being that I would prefer marriage, especially if the two consider marriage an eventuality anyway.

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:I was not trying to generalize and say that all women are easy and gullible and are brainless when it comes to sex.

Dude, you are definitely implying heavily blatantly stating that most of anything is the lady's fault. I could post an entire message made up of pointing out where you're being overtly sexist. Regardless of "trying" or "not trying," it happened.

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:I think everyone is old enough to discuss this kind of topic.

Not so. Ab's 12-ish, and we do have a lot of younger members. There should have been some sort of indication that the next question was going to get sexy.

Fishing4Karma wrote:

^Case in point proven.

I... don't really get what you're saying with this, Karma. Expand, please?

Oh! Someone said something about five steps for putting on a condom? I... er... read this book because my parents wouldn't tell me what I wanted to know, and it said that the proper method for putting on a condom was between 16 and 21 steps. Granted, several of the steps were proper unwrapping and disposal, but still. The "five steps" are the shortened version, probably so everything important would fit on the package.

I acknowledge the fact that learning about sex from a book is EXTREMELY nerdy.
SnowFallsSlow
SnowFallsSlow
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/28/2010, 11:10 pm

Yes, the five steps I was thinking of could easily be expanded to much much longer. The steps I was thinking of didn't go into storage either, which in hindsight would have been important to note. (For the love of god do not keep a condom in your wallet for six months and expect the thing to work fine.)

And yeah, I know the commercial you're thinking of and while it's obviously an exaggeration (Well, maybe not... some people are clumsy...) it's an amusing aside to what I was saying.

Also, learning sex from a book IS nerdy sounding yes, but you know what? You're taking the initiative to learn and educate yourself on the matter and I have to commend anyone that does that.

Overall Snow, I agree with what you're saying. You've put some thought into your decision and I can't fault a person that does that.

The only thing I disagree with you on is that I think 12 years old is old enough to start a sexual education. Not old enough to start a sexual life of one's own, but plenty old enough to ask questions and get answers.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/29/2010, 1:25 pm

Hi person in a committed long term heterosexual relationship here. Now I can only offer the male prospective on things, and I might be a bit of an outlier one even that since I tend to think with my head rather than with my heart or 'other' organs, but for the record. I think most of these issues could be solved simply by teaching various people the power of words.

First off, and I don't know if many of ya'll know this, but I avoid the word 'love' in reference to virtually any living entity. Now maybe that's just me but I actually have to pause before saying it, not because I deliberately pause and think about what I'm going to say, but because of something about myself that makes me cut myself off before I utter 'love' in reference to a person. I subconsciously stop myself, and it's actually taken a serious amount of time to get comfortable even referring to Bloodless as 'love' using the infamous word as a noun.

Now this isn't to say that all problems could be solved by people being more like me. Sure things probably could be solved by people being more like me, but it'd probably cause more problems than it'd solve. But it's been propositioned here that the source of a significant amount of whatever the negative end of this discussion is, is caused by frivolous use of the 'love' word. But the fact of the matter is that a word only has the weight we attach to it. If people are being wooed by the promise of 'love' then obviously they attach more weight to the word than the person doing the wooing, which for the record girls is probably a bad start to a relationship.

Honestly though, I'm of the school of thought that if two people want to have sex, they're going to find a way, and as someone who is on the tail end of puberty, let me just say, people will want to have sex. That being said there are responsible ways to have sex. Condoms are a good choice, not the only one but due to the age variance of the forum I'll leave that hanging.

I hate to break my argument down to 'people are stupid' since that's pretty much my position on life itself, but ultimately that is the best answer I can come up with. People are stupid, they let their bodies drive their actions and pay the consequences for it. I have no sympathy for them, neither do I have any empathy. Why should I worry about people who were either unwilling or unable to take minimal responsibility for/control over their actions? Now I'm not someone who will tell you the answer is to abstain from sex until marriage, nor am I going to say that the answer is to wait for your 'one true love' or to view sex as a casual exchange of bodily fluids, honestly I doubt any one answer works for the diverse people of the world.

I can say though that whatever your choice, you have to respect that that is your choice. If you choose to make a bad decision, than at least you can take solace in the fact that that was your choice and you have to take responsibility for that choice. That's what I don't think lots of people today realize, that with each and everyone of their actions they're making a choice. They're choosing, even if not consciously to do and say whatever it is that they're doing and saying. I don't believe anyone 'doesn't have control over their own actions' if I can speak plainly for a moment, that whole thing sounds like total BS to me.

People need to be held accountable for their actions, and people need to know that they will be held accountable for their actions. Everyone behaves differently when they think they're being watched, judged. It's the foundation of not only the 'be good for goodness sake because if you don't Santa's evil brother will kidnap you, turn you into an elf and force you into slave labor in the toy industry' thing, but also the whole 'be good and get into heaven' thing. The only difference is that people don't really believe either of those anymore, at least not consciously or while getting naked with some hot young thing.

And even I'll admit, it's hard to keep your head on straight while looking down a gorgeous naked example of the opposite sex, honestly that's probably gotten me in trouble with Bloodless more than once Razz But it can and should be done. Pay attention to what you're doing, for Goodness' sake!

Also just to throw my two cents in, I really think to more enjoyable part of sex is the foreplay, so just FYI for all you hot young fillies out there, you're not missing anything if you and your other stop just short. Wink
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow 11/29/2010, 7:24 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:(For the love of god do not keep a condom in your wallet for six months and expect the thing to work fine.)

Noted.

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:The only thing I disagree with you on is that I think 12 years old is old enough to start a sexual education. Not old enough to start a sexual life of one's own, but plenty old enough to ask questions and get answers.

Point taken, and I agree to some extent. I'm not entirely sure if that applies to online conversations about sex, but certainly "The Talk." I guess that was more "they'd be uncomfortable" than "they shouldn't know."

TheDeceiverGod wrote:But the fact of the matter is that a word only has the weight we attach to it. If people are being wooed by the promise of 'love' then obviously they attach more weight to the word than the person doing the wooing, which for the record girls is probably a bad start to a relationship.

Honestly though, I'm of the school of thought that if two people want to have sex, they're going to find a way, and as someone who is on the tail end of puberty, let me just say, people will want to have sex.

People are stupid, they let their bodies drive their actions and pay the consequences for it.

honestly I doubt any one answer works for the diverse people of the world.

All valid points. I agree on each of them, noting the "if two people want to have sex" in the second. Both parties have to be consenting. (Or... all, as the case may be...)

TheDeceiverGod wrote:And even I'll admit, it's hard to keep your head on straight while looking down a gorgeous naked example of the opposite sex, honestly that's probably gotten me in trouble with Bloodless more than once Razz

I'm not sure I want to know...

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Also just to throw my two cents in, I really think to more enjoyable part of sex is the foreplay, so just FYI for all you hot young fillies out there, you're not missing anything if you and your other stop just short. Wink

Noted.
SnowFallsSlow
SnowFallsSlow
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 11/30/2010, 4:13 pm

I'm suddenly very thankful that I didn't start giving examples of my sexual experience in this thread.

*shudders*
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 11/30/2010, 11:24 pm

I'm going to take Snow's advice and give a notice before I post statements that might be controversial or divisive. For the next topic, I want to touch on Abortion. Do you guys think that would be too controversial? If so, I can come up with another statement.
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 12/1/2010, 1:09 pm

It's only going to lead to hurt feelings and possibly holy war. Pick something else.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow 12/1/2010, 5:45 pm

Yeah. That whole debate won't offer much.
SnowFallsSlow
SnowFallsSlow
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 12/1/2010, 6:03 pm

Lets just say Abortions for some and miniature American flags for others and leave it at that, yeah.

(It is a Simpsons reference)

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 12/1/2010, 10:03 pm

Ok, I understand.
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next