DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Chat

+31
Kyuubi
Cylor
Tÿ
redeagle321
Negromancer
Xenophobic Sponge
RustleXer
Titans_Fan123
SylverBluTitan
Laughing_Man
Vandal
EllaMila1
archiesangel
Azrael
~Angel~
j1e3s5
trainergreen
Naked Snake
artemis 1223
0chocolachao0
floatingmagiprak
ultimateravenfan
Riaaanna
Sierra
Thecrazykid3649
BoxedWater
Miss Ell
thewizardofodd12
Raevien
Blitzkrieg
FloatingMagikarp
35 posters

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Random Chat - Page 35 Empty Re: Random Chat

Post by Rain 12/5/2009, 2:32 pm

I AM STILL EATING TACOS!!!! What a Face
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 12/6/2009, 3:45 pm

Man, I love the music in Chrono Trigger so damn hard; this game is such a classic.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 12/6/2009, 4:04 pm

I agree, Chrono Trigger is good stuff.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 12/6/2009, 5:18 pm

Azrael wrote:Man, I love the music in Chrono Trigger so damn hard; this game is such a classic.

Chrono Triger and Cross have some of the best soundtracks out there. They really do just make the games so much better. A shame they never made a proper version of Radical Dreamers (as in, a RPG not a text adventure) because I would have eaten that right up.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 12/6/2009, 5:38 pm

As far as I'm concerned, video game music deserves recognition--film music gets the nod; why not games? Uematsu/Shimomura are like the John Williams/Jerry Goldsmith of game music.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 12/6/2009, 5:46 pm

I most definitely agree- Shimamura and Uematsu are masters of their craft, which is well worthy of recognition.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 12/7/2009, 5:02 pm

redeagle321 wrote:I most definitely agree- Shimamura and Uematsu are masters of their craft, which is well worthy of recognition.
I used to be able to play all of the final fantasy songs.
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 12/8/2009, 10:26 pm

Naked Snake wrote:As far as I'm concerned, video game music deserves recognition--film music gets the nod; why not games? Uematsu/Shimomura are like the John Williams/Jerry Goldsmith of game music.
Agreed, though I'd add Yasunori Mitsuda in there, as he scored most of Chrono Trigger and it's simply fantastic work.

I've pretty much always felt Square-Enix had the best music in gaming.

Chrono Triger and Cross have some of the best soundtracks out there. They really do just make the games so much better. A shame they never made a proper version of Radical Dreamers (as in, a RPG not a text adventure) because I would have eaten that right up.
I sadly have not had the pleasure of playing Cross. I didn't catch it when it first came out, which I could actually say the same about for Trigger. I didn't get the chance to play Chrono Trigger for the first time until Final Fantasy Chronicles, where it was packed in with the game I bought the collection for, Final Fantasy IV.

I wish a sequel would be made, but who knows if that will ever happen at this point. The DS Chrono Trigger hasn't sold so hot. Which honestly doesn't surprise me. The Nintendo DS is easily the most pirated system of them all; if all the people I've seen talk about pirating it had actually bought it, there would have been more than enough for Square to consider a sequel financially feasible.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 12/8/2009, 10:41 pm

Azrael wrote:I sadly have not had the pleasure of playing Cross. I didn't catch it when it first came out, which I could actually say the same about for Trigger. I didn't get the chance to play Chrono Trigger for the first time until Final Fantasy Chronicles, where it was packed in with the game I bought the collection for, Final Fantasy IV.

Cross is a very different game, and the connections between the two aren't really there till near the end. But it's still a really fun, really good game all around. And when you DO start getting to the plot points that connect the two games, it's pretty cool. And the replayability of the game is really high too, since there's a handful of different endings... and something like 30 or more playable characters.

IF you ever manage to find a copy of the game somewhere, I highly recommend a play through.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 12/9/2009, 10:44 am

What's the best university to go to in America? The one that's good, but not too expensive... Cause the high school that I signed up at is an international school, and if I am able to, I might get a chance to move there.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 12/9/2009, 10:46 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:What's the best university to go to in America? The one that's good, but not too expensive... Cause the high school that I signed up at is an international school, and if I am able to, I might get a chance to move there.

Michigan State I'm guessing. Depens on what you want to go into.
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 12/9/2009, 12:03 pm

icegal2779 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:What's the best university to go to in America? The one that's good, but not too expensive... Cause the high school that I signed up at is an international school, and if I am able to, I might get a chance to move there.

Lawl, Michigan State.

There's plenty of good schools in America. Prices vary, but it really depends on where you want to go and what you want to focus on. What do you plan on majoring in?
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 12/9/2009, 12:34 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:

Lawl, Michigan State.

There's plenty of good schools in America. Prices vary, but it really depends on where you want to go and what you want to focus on. What do you plan on majoring in?

I don't know.. I'm interested in English language, and writing... Literature stuff. But if I go there, all I could be is a writer, and if my books are failure, I won't be able to make money! DX
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 12/9/2009, 12:38 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:

Lawl, Michigan State.

I don't know.. I'm interested in English language, and writing... Literature stuff. But if I go there, all I could be is a writer, and if my books are failure, I won't be able to make money! DX

U could write plays, or for TV shows...
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 12/9/2009, 12:55 pm

icegal2779 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:

Lawl, Michigan State.

Well... I guess so... Which one produces more profit? XP
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 12/9/2009, 1:02 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:

Lawl, Michigan State.

Well... I guess so... Which one produces more profit? XP
Idk but a really good collage is Lake Supiror U. Its cheap, look it up online
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 12/9/2009, 5:28 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:

Lawl, Michigan State.

Not true. There's plenty you could do with such a degree. If writing books didn't pan out, you could be a columnist for a magazine. Or for a website. You could write for other different avenues of entertainment.

Trust me, you'd have options, just look around a bit. If writing and literature are what you love, then you should go for it. Best to learn in a field you enjoy than one that you might make money in but despise.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 12/9/2009, 5:33 pm

Here's some information for you to mull over.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 12/9/2009, 5:41 pm

Actually, the prospect of a "best" University is a bit misleading. There are a lot of great colleges in the US and quite a few specialize in certain fields. There's a lot of choice. You'll just have to search around a bit.

Either way, I hope you find what you're looking for, Rianna.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 12/9/2009, 6:07 pm

Azrael wrote:Actually, the prospect of a "best" University is a bit misleading. There are a lot of great colleges in the US and quite a few specialize in certain fields. There's a lot of choice. You'll just have to search around a bit.

This is very true, I think that list I posted is more for the weight the Universities hold mixed with how much support and the connections they offer to those that graduate.

I mean, if you're looking for English I have no idea what universities are the best known for that.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 12/9/2009, 8:00 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
Azrael wrote:Actually, the prospect of a "best" University is a bit misleading. There are a lot of great colleges in the US and quite a few specialize in certain fields. There's a lot of choice. You'll just have to search around a bit.

This is very true, I think that list I posted is more for the weight the Universities hold mixed with how much support and the connections they offer to those that graduate.

I mean, if you're looking for English I have no idea what universities are the best known for that.

My school has a comprehensive English program, for instance. It's not Harvard, as far as prestige goes, but it's a good school.

Lots of whores though...
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain 12/9/2009, 8:32 pm

I know that Stanford, UCLA, and Berkley used to have very pristigious and once, highly thought of writing and business programs, but those schools have diminished in recent years, so I am not sure anymore.
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra 12/9/2009, 8:41 pm

Rain_of_Tears wrote:I know that Stanford, UCLA, and Berkley used to have very pristigious and once, highly thought of writing and business programs, but those schools have diminished in recent years, so I am not sure anymore.

All three of those schools are still pretty strong in most subjects. They have a pretty great balance.
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 12/9/2009, 9:05 pm

Lake Supior State, trust me. Cheap, and great for a higher education! (sry 4 spelling)

Last edited by icegal2779 on 12/9/2009, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 12/9/2009, 9:24 pm

icegal2779 wrote:Lake Superior State, trust me. Cheap, and great for a higher education!

Looking this up, it seems like it might be a pretty okay school. It does have smaller class to teacher ratios which can help quite a bit, but it also looks like a lot of courses are only offered occasionally. One student review of the school mentioned that it took six years to get an undergraduate degree. The same person also mentioned the use of date rape drugs by students as well, so another thing to be on the look out for.

Most people, however, were happy with the school, though it probably would require more study to see if it's the school for you and if it even offers the programs and degrees you want.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next