DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra?

+13
Thecrazykid3649
FloatingMagikarp
Riaaanna
SylverBluTitan
Cylor
thewizardofodd12
TheDeceiverGod
EllaMila1
Azrael
Rachel1466
Vandal
Naked Snake
BigHazelEyes
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra? Empty Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra?

Post by BigHazelEyes 9/27/2009, 7:39 pm

I'm very curious to who all like this pairing.
BigHazelEyes
BigHazelEyes

Back to top Go down

Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra? Empty Re: Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra?

Post by Naked Snake 9/27/2009, 8:34 pm

Mykan in three...two...
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra? Empty Re: Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra?

Post by Vandal 9/27/2009, 8:56 pm

OBJECTION!!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel1466 9/27/2009, 9:40 pm

Yaay, I love Terra! ^^
and i don't have any problems with the Titans's couples
i like BBxR and BBxT at the same time =3
Rachel1466
Rachel1466

http://rachel1466.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/27/2009, 9:42 pm

Rachel1466 wrote:Yaay, I love Terra! ^^

You are a Communist Homosexual Non-Christian Liberal who hates America. D:<
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel1466 9/27/2009, 9:51 pm

Naked Snake wrote:

xD Why?
You don't like Terra?
Rachel1466
Rachel1466

http://rachel1466.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/27/2009, 11:15 pm

Wow why is BB such a pimp?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/27/2009, 11:47 pm

Naked Snake wrote:

Ahhh Snake.. That is such a perfect comment! I wish I said that!!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/28/2009, 12:06 am

Rachel1466 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

xD Why?
You don't like Terra?

I don't, but I was also playing on the fact that you like two pairings which are famous for conflicting with one another. :D
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/28/2009, 1:49 am

Never liked it. In any medium. Even the show.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 9/28/2009, 12:43 pm

I looove Terra.
everyone here seems to hate her... Dx
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

https://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/28/2009, 12:53 pm

EllaMila1 wrote:I looove Terra.

Well I just think relationships in Teen Titans are terrible in general. Robin and Starfire can work out with me cause that's what I assumed since episode 1.

But in the episode "How Long is Forever" that assured me that nothing between BB Terra, or BB Raven would work so from there I ended up hating all the relationships cause Teen Titans is about comedy and kicking butt!

(Terra is a good character I just don't like the relationships)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/28/2009, 1:24 pm

I can't say I support many pairings. Like Mercy said Robin Starfire is pretty much a given but any of the others are mostly ambiguous.

I also just don't like Terra too much. She feels, winy to me. It's not like she's the first hero in the DC universe to have issues controlling their powers, and she spends most of her time trying to 'run away' from her problems. I do however suspect that in 20 odd years, assuming she gets her powers back an' all that, she'll be a pretty bad ass girl. Cold, unfeeling, resentful of others for their years of discrimination toward her. More an anti-hero than a hero. Yeah, that Terra I could groove with.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 9/28/2009, 1:40 pm

I'm ok with bbxterra. I cant see how bbxrae would work. There are 2 reasons why. 1. She's emotionless, therefore cant have a relationship cause her powers would explode bb. 2. they seem like to have a brother and sister relationship. Yes i know they have a relationship in the comics but this isn't the comics, its the dead show.
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 9/28/2009, 1:46 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:I also just don't like Terra too much. She feels, winy to me. It's not like she's the first hero in the DC universe to have issues controlling their powers, and she spends most of her time trying to 'run away' from her problems. I do however suspect that in 20 odd years, assuming she gets her powers back an' all that, she'll be a pretty bad ass girl. Cold, unfeeling, resentful of others for their years of discrimination toward her. More an anti-hero than a hero. Yeah, that Terra I could groove with.
Then she'd be...pretty much identical to 99.999% of all other comic book characters since the 1990s. Rolling Eyes

The animated version of Terra is actually a huge improvement over her original comic book counterpart, if you ask me. As supporting evidence, I would point to the fact that the animated Terra actually has a fan base, whereas the original Terra was, to put it bluntly, a skanky pig.

thewizardofodd12 wrote:I'm ok with bbxterra. I cant see how bbxrae would work. There are 2 reasons why. 1. She's emotionless, therefore cant have a relationship cause her powers would explode bb.
Raven isn't emotionless. She suppresses her emotions, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. There's a huge difference.
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/28/2009, 2:02 pm

Cylor wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:I also just don't like Terra too much. She feels, winy to me. It's not like she's the first hero in the DC universe to have issues controlling their powers, and she spends most of her time trying to 'run away' from her problems. I do however suspect that in 20 odd years, assuming she gets her powers back an' all that, she'll be a pretty bad ass girl. Cold, unfeeling, resentful of others for their years of discrimination toward her. More an anti-hero than a hero. Yeah, that Terra I could groove with.
Then she'd be...pretty much identical to 99.999% of all other comic book characters since the 1990s. Rolling Eyes

The animated version of Terra is actually a huge improvement over her original comic book counterpart, if you ask me. As supporting evidence, I would point to the fact that the animated Terra actually has a fan base, whereas the original Terra was, to put it bluntly, a skanky pig.

thewizardofodd12 wrote:I'm ok with bbxterra. I cant see how bbxrae would work. There are 2 reasons why. 1. She's emotionless, therefore cant have a relationship cause her powers would explode bb.
Raven isn't emotionless. She suppresses her emotions, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. There's a huge difference.

I'd probably call Raven, Stoic, in the Greco-Roman sense rather than the modern

And you may have a point with the identical, but I still call her better than a winy little girl who does nothing but complain and run every time something, which she doesn't even attempt to control goes wrong. I mean did you ever once hear about Terra attempting to, I don't know, train with her powers? Like oh, Beast Boy, Robin, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, and every other super powered being does? I mean for crying out loud the villains had a high school to train with their powers! And it doesn't once occur to Terra that maybe, just maybe, if she tried to... oh, worked to control her powers, rather than running away repeatedly, than maybe she'd be able to, oh I don't know, control her powers? She just feels like a spoiled little girl who wants everything handed to her, and she's willing to make a deal with the devil, or in this case Slade, to get it.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 9/28/2009, 2:11 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:And you may have a point with the identical, but I still call her better than a winy little girl who does nothing but complain and run every time something, which she doesn't even attempt to control goes wrong. I mean did you ever once hear about Terra attempting to, I don't know, train with her powers? Like oh, Beast Boy, Robin, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, and every other super powered being does? I mean for crying out loud the villains had a high school to train with their powers! And it doesn't once occur to Terra that maybe, just maybe, if she tried to... oh, worked to control her powers, rather than running away repeatedly, than maybe she'd be able to, oh I don't know, control her powers? She just feels like a spoiled little girl who wants everything handed to her, and she's willing to make a deal with the devil, or in this case Slade, to get it.
There's a simpler explanation, and it's the one Glen Murakami gave, for the record: Terra simply wasn't cut out for this stuff, to begin with. That's what's so tragic about her character.
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/28/2009, 2:25 pm

Cylor wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:And you may have a point with the identical, but I still call her better than a winy little girl who does nothing but complain and run every time something, which she doesn't even attempt to control goes wrong. I mean did you ever once hear about Terra attempting to, I don't know, train with her powers? Like oh, Beast Boy, Robin, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, and every other super powered being does? I mean for crying out loud the villains had a high school to train with their powers! And it doesn't once occur to Terra that maybe, just maybe, if she tried to... oh, worked to control her powers, rather than running away repeatedly, than maybe she'd be able to, oh I don't know, control her powers? She just feels like a spoiled little girl who wants everything handed to her, and she's willing to make a deal with the devil, or in this case Slade, to get it.
There's a simpler explanation, and it's the one Glen Murakami gave, for the record: Terra simply wasn't cut out for this stuff, to begin with. That's what's so tragic about her character.

And yet she still doesn't even being to try and deal with that. Cut out for it or not, she has the powers. If you're caught in the middle of something bigger than yourself sure you're initial instinct could be to run away and cover your head, I get that. But when running away doesn't work you try something else and that's what drives me up walls about Terra, all she ever does is run away, and then acts surprised when her actions have consequences. Cut out for it or not she knew Slade was a bad man, Beast Boy told her as much. And she still decided to side with him, and then when it turns out, surprise, Slade has her doing bad things, she acts all surprised.

Not to mention the whole reason she ran away from the Titans in the first place was because she thought Beast Boy had betrayed her trust. Honestly aside from the fact that Robin is the apprentice of the world's greatest detective, and uncontrolled Earth powers aren't exactly the world's most discrete ability, there's the fact that if she ever actually wanted to get her powers under control, she'd have to admit that she couldn't control them, and if there was anyone to help her get her powers under control it'd be the Titans. But no first chance she gets act people who might actually help her control her abilities, at least enough to have a normal life let alone do good in the world, she runs away.

I mean sure, maybe Beast Boy betrayed your trust, which he didn't but working under the assumption he did, what's the worst? Sure you can't trust Beast Boy, but if you wanted to get your powers under control you would've had to tell the Titans at some point. I could understand maybe running away for a couple days, a week at most, but once your emotions calmed down and you looked at it rationally she should have recognized that the Titans were the best choice for her.

And even if she didn't than she should have recognized at some point that she needed to get her powers under control. Which you could say she did when she turned to Slade, but again she Knew Slade was a bad man, what was Beast Boy's quote? "Slade?" "Bad dude, way bad." I just don't get any of her decisions, and especially with her never actually taking responsibility for anything she does.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigHazelEyes 9/28/2009, 4:03 pm

EllaMila1 wrote:I looove Terra.

I know, thats why I asked the question, Terra neeeds more supporters, she's not that bad of a person in the show.
BigHazelEyes
BigHazelEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by BigHazelEyes 9/28/2009, 4:04 pm

thewizardofodd12 wrote:I'm ok with bbxterra. I cant see how bbxrae would work. There are 2 reasons why. 1. She's emotionless, therefore cant have a relationship cause her powers would explode bb. 2. they seem like to have a brother and sister relationship. Yes i know they have a relationship in the comics but this isn't the comics, its the dead show.

Thats how I feel too. Raven can't handle emotions and BB is all emotion, I don't understand how a relationship would work between them.
BigHazelEyes
BigHazelEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/28/2009, 8:56 pm

I never liked Terra for a of reasons, but one of the main ones is that I have a hard time taking the character seriously because the show pretty much missed the point.

BigHazelEyes wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:I'm ok with bbxterra. I cant see how bbxrae would work. There are 2 reasons why. 1. She's emotionless, therefore cant have a relationship cause her powers would explode bb. 2. they seem like to have a brother and sister relationship. Yes i know they have a relationship in the comics but this isn't the comics, its the dead show.

Thats how I feel too. Raven can't handle emotions and BB is all emotion, I don't understand how a relationship would work between them.
I'd go into specifics, but I don't really think it's worth it. The long and short of it is, Beast Boy and Raven have a lot more in common than most folks give them credit for. Also, on the emotions thing, if the show went on there's not a lot of reason to think she wouldn't have gotten it under control eventually. The comic Raven never had her emotions work quite to the extreme that the show did, but they still gave her problems in different ways. Let's not even get into her empathy. She eventually rose above it; Raven rises above a lot of things.

The brother/sister thing never really washes. That seems to be the stock answer from most people who don't understand themselves why they don't like something; this is the usual answer I see in shipping discussions, but it's always a rough comparison because it's so vague and narrow. What exactly is a brother/sister relationship? Closeness? Some antagonism? Folks, I'm here to tell ya, that's not exclusive to sibling relationships. There are married people out there with a "brother/sister" type of relationship, or so it's said, who love each other very much. It's not quite so clear cut.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 9/28/2009, 10:44 pm

BBRae all the way!

-High fives Az-
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/28/2009, 10:45 pm

SylverBluTitan wrote:BBRae all the way!

-High fives Az-
*jump high five*

Aww yeah.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/29/2009, 12:42 am

Azrael wrote:

-High fives Az-
*jump high five*

Aww yeah.

*POKE'MON FIVE!!*

(Everyone knows what those are right..?)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 9/29/2009, 10:28 am

Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:

-High fives Az-
*jump high five*

Aww yeah.

*POKE'MON FIVE!!*

(Everyone knows what those are right..?)

Nope. I have no idea.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next