DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra?

+13
Thecrazykid3649
FloatingMagikarp
Riaaanna
SylverBluTitan
Cylor
thewizardofodd12
TheDeceiverGod
EllaMila1
Azrael
Rachel1466
Vandal
Naked Snake
BigHazelEyes
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra?

Post by Vandal 9/29/2009, 1:47 pm

What?! Really?? How old are you?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra?

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/29/2009, 2:18 pm

Mercy wrote:What?! Really?? How old are you?

Truthfully I have no clue myself, at the ripe old age of twenty-one.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 9/29/2009, 5:38 pm

I personly think that netheir rae or terra should be with bb. Terra's a brat and Raven can show emotion. Razz Dont u dare try to convert me to a BB/rea or BB/terra fan.
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 9/29/2009, 5:38 pm

I personally, I think that neither rae or terra should be with bb. Terra's a brat and Raven can show emotion. Razz Dont u dare try to convert me to a BB/rea or BB/terra fan.
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/29/2009, 5:39 pm

thewizardofodd12 wrote:I personally, I think that neither rae or terra should be with bb. Terra's a brat and Raven can show emotion. Razz Dont u dare try to convert me to a BB/rea or BB/terra fan.

I didn't quite catch that--say it a third time?
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/29/2009, 6:13 pm

I prefer BBRae. But BBTerra is still (kinda) fine to me...
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/29/2009, 7:19 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:I personally, I think that neither rae or terra should be with bb. Terra's a brat and Raven can show emotion. Razz Dont u dare try to convert me to a BB/rea or BB/terra fan.

I didn't quite catch that. It sounded like "please shoot me in the face and change my shipping preferences".

Can do.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/29/2009, 8:40 pm

The Professor wrote:

Edited Version
Personally, I think that neither Raven nor Terra should be with Beast Boy. Terra's a brat and Raven can't show emotion. And please, don't try to convert me to either shipping preference.

First off, read the comics. Beast Boy and Raven go great together. The writers of the show have even stated that Beast Boy and Raven's relationship is that of an old married couple.

Secondly, I like the cut of your jib, sir. You have your shipping views and you don't intend to change them. Good for you. If you are a logical being by any means, this also means you have no intent to try to sway others. If more people were like that, the shipping wars would never have started.

Hah! I love grammar nazis, they're so awesome to hang around!

Though I disagree with you on standing firmly where you are, or what you call "shipping preferances." I believe if we have an open mind we'll initially learn more (not saying that we will learn more on opinions like Beast Boy and Raven but more so, beliefs such as religion)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/29/2009, 8:47 pm

The Professor wrote:I like the cut of your jib, sir.
Jib? Who is this Jib? I know no Jib.

[/lame reference]
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/29/2009, 9:00 pm

The Professor wrote:
Mercy wrote:
The Professor wrote:

Edited Version
Personally, I think that neither Raven nor Terra should be with Beast Boy. Terra's a brat and Raven can't show emotion. And please, don't try to convert me to either shipping preference.

First off, read the comics. Beast Boy and Raven go great together. The writers of the show have even stated that Beast Boy and Raven's relationship is that of an old married couple.

Secondly, I like the cut of your jib, sir. You have your shipping views and you don't intend to change them. Good for you. If you are a logical being by any means, this also means you have no intent to try to sway others. If more people were like that, the shipping wars would never have started.

Hah! I love grammar nazis, they're so awesome to hang around!

Though I disagree with you on standing firmly where you are, or what you call "shipping preferances." I believe if we have an open mind we'll initially learn more (not saying that we will learn more on opinions like Beast Boy and Raven but more so, beliefs such as religion)

It's all about respect. Respect for others and their views/opinions. Only then can we attain world peace. [/Gandhi]
Yeah, that worked out real well for Ghandi, didn't it?
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/29/2009, 9:10 pm

The Professor wrote:I know, right? You ever see the movie about him? I could swear, when he gets shot, he says "Oh, no!"
Not the whole thing. I remember watching some film on him in High School. Part of it anyways; I think that was the film I missed half of due to being sick.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/29/2009, 9:17 pm

The Professor wrote:
Azrael wrote:
The Professor wrote:I know, right? You ever see the movie about him? I could swear, when he gets shot, he says "Oh, no!"
Not the whole thing. I remember watching some film on him in High School. Part of it anyways; I think that was the film I missed half of due to being sick.

You didn't miss much. The only thing I remember is my friend and I laughing at that. Pretty sure he didn't say that, but it sure sounded like he did.
You're obviously a cruel person, my friend. XD

All this aside, I actually do hold some respect for Ghandi and what he preached. He had some good ideas. The problem is that when you have those good, progressive ideas, you quickly become a target for those who choose not to listen. Martin Luther King Jr. had the same problem. I think the Tibetan Monks hold similar views to Ghandi; can't recall the specifics.

I think both sides miss the point, however. In my eyes, both fighting and talking need to be used in the right situations for peace. Going to either extreme all the time runs the risk of accomplishing nothing.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 9/29/2009, 10:27 pm

Mercy wrote:What?! Really?? How old are you?
Check under my avatar. XD

I never liked Pokemon. XP So that's probably why. I think that means I'm in a very exclusive group too. Lucky me!

Azrael wrote:I didn't quite catch that. It sounded like "please shoot me in the face and change my shipping preferences".

Can do.
You, sir, are made of win.

Ocelot, stop making people change their shipping preferences!

(I did get the name right, yes? XDDD)
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/29/2009, 11:02 pm

SylverBluTitan wrote:
Azrael wrote:I didn't quite catch that. It sounded like "please shoot me in the face and change my shipping preferences".

Can do.
You, sir, are made of win.

Ocelot, stop making people change their shipping preferences!

(I did get the name right, yes? XDDD)
Oh, hello Sylver. I almost didn't notice you standing over there. Do you like my new opposing-shipper-beating stick?

(Yes, you got the name right. XD)
i'm going to be the first victim, aren't i..? o.o
after all, im a fish >_>
*flopflop* -_-
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 9/30/2009, 5:45 am

Last year, someone on fanfiction.net asked me "what ships I support".

I told them I like Mercury-class Colonial Battlestars and Mark VII Colonial Vipers.
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 9/30/2009, 5:47 am

The Professor wrote:

Edited Version

I know what I said. You don't have to correct me. Also I have read the comics, but the show is different isn't it? Any way, I am not trying to convert any one either. I can't express my opinion? I do respect the people who like ships, though.

Last edited by thewizardofodd12 on 9/30/2009, 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 9/30/2009, 5:48 am

Azrael wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

I didn't quite catch that. It sounded like "please shoot me in the face and change my shipping preferences".

Can do.

Why would u do that??? All I said was don't try to convert me.
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 9/30/2009, 9:11 am

I'm a BBxTerra fan,
but the same goes for being a BBxRae
fan. I love both pairings equally so
if the show were to continue, whichever
way that goes is fine with me.
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

https://www.youtube.com/user/FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by FloatingMagikarp 9/30/2009, 9:16 am

Azrael wrote:Oh, hello Sylver. I almost didn't notice you standing over there. Do you like my new opposing-shipper-beating stick?

(Yes, you got the name right. XD)
i'm going to be the first victim, aren't i..? o.o
after all, im a fish >_>
*flopflop* -_-
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

https://www.youtube.com/user/FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 9/30/2009, 9:50 am

The Professor wrote:First off, read the comics. Beast Boy and Raven go great together. The writers of the show have even stated that Beast Boy and Raven's relationship is that of an old married couple.
One, they broke up (in the comics). And two, I'm fairly sure the show's writers were joking about that.
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/30/2009, 2:10 pm

One, they broke up (in the comics).
The writer who wrote the breakup - Sean McKeever - has said to fans that he wrote it the way he did because DC still had plans for the two. But Blackest Night was coming up; since they had barely gotten the plot off the ground again when it became clear they could use Beast Boy in a Titans tie-in (Blackest Night has the dead returning to emotionally torment the living, so considering the characters that have died around him you can see where that could go) and the title the two were in at the time wasn't working out, they obviously figured they could just put it on ice for the time being. When it will pick back up again is a mystery though.

And two, I'm fairly sure the show's writers were joking about that.
Writer. It was David Slack, as I recall. Whom is somewhat known for being at least sympathetic to the ship and wrote some of the shippiest episodes between the two.

thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

Can do.

It was a joke.

Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra? - Page 2 Mgs2comic3
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/30/2009, 2:35 pm

Azrael wrote:
One, they broke up (in the comics).
The writer who wrote the breakup - Sean McKeever - has said to fans that he wrote it the way he did because DC still had plans for the two. But Blackest Night was coming up; since they had barely gotten the plot off the ground again when it became clear they could use Beast Boy in a Titans tie-in (Blackest Night has the dead returning to emotionally torment the living, so considering the characters that have died around him you can see where that could go) and the title the two were in at the time wasn't working out, they obviously figured they could just put it on ice for the time being. When it will pick back up again is a mystery though.

And two, I'm fairly sure the show's writers were joking about that.
Writer. It was David Slack, as I recall. Whom is somewhat known for being at least sympathetic to the ship and wrote some of the shippiest episodes between the two.

thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

Can do.

It was a joke.

Who all in this group supports the pairing of Beast Boy and Terra? - Page 2 Mgs2comic3

:lol!:
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by BigHazelEyes 9/30/2009, 3:27 pm

Please people, do not bring the comic book into this, the question was soley based on the show.
BigHazelEyes
BigHazelEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by BigHazelEyes 9/30/2009, 3:27 pm

Azrael wrote:I never liked Terra for a of reasons, but one of the main ones is that I have a hard time taking the character seriously because the show pretty much missed the point.

BigHazelEyes wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:I'm ok with bbxterra. I cant see how bbxrae would work. There are 2 reasons why. 1. She's emotionless, therefore cant have a relationship cause her powers would explode bb. 2. they seem like to have a brother and sister relationship. Yes i know they have a relationship in the comics but this isn't the comics, its the dead show.

Thats how I feel too. Raven can't handle emotions and BB is all emotion, I don't understand how a relationship would work between them.
I'd go into specifics, but I don't really think it's worth it. The long and short of it is, Beast Boy and Raven have a lot more in common than most folks give them credit for. Also, on the emotions thing, if the show went on there's not a lot of reason to think she wouldn't have gotten it under control eventually. The comic Raven never had her emotions work quite to the extreme that the show did, but they still gave her problems in different ways. Let's not even get into her empathy. She eventually rose above it; Raven rises above a lot of things.

The brother/sister thing never really washes. That seems to be the stock answer from most people who don't understand themselves why they don't like something; this is the usual answer I see in shipping discussions, but it's always a rough comparison because it's so vague and narrow. What exactly is a brother/sister relationship? Closeness? Some antagonism? Folks, I'm here to tell ya, that's not exclusive to sibling relationships. There are married people out there with a "brother/sister" type of relationship, or so it's said, who love each other very much. It's not quite so clear cut.

What do Beast Boy and Raven have in common in the show?
BigHazelEyes
BigHazelEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by BigHazelEyes 9/30/2009, 3:33 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Cylor wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:And you may have a point with the identical, but I still call her better than a winy little girl who does nothing but complain and run every time something, which she doesn't even attempt to control goes wrong. I mean did you ever once hear about Terra attempting to, I don't know, train with her powers? Like oh, Beast Boy, Robin, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, and every other super powered being does? I mean for crying out loud the villains had a high school to train with their powers! And it doesn't once occur to Terra that maybe, just maybe, if she tried to... oh, worked to control her powers, rather than running away repeatedly, than maybe she'd be able to, oh I don't know, control her powers? She just feels like a spoiled little girl who wants everything handed to her, and she's willing to make a deal with the devil, or in this case Slade, to get it.
There's a simpler explanation, and it's the one Glen Murakami gave, for the record: Terra simply wasn't cut out for this stuff, to begin with. That's what's so tragic about her character.

And yet she still doesn't even being to try and deal with that. Cut out for it or not, she has the powers. If you're caught in the middle of something bigger than yourself sure you're initial instinct could be to run away and cover your head, I get that. But when running away doesn't work you try something else and that's what drives me up walls about Terra, all she ever does is run away, and then acts surprised when her actions have consequences. Cut out for it or not she knew Slade was a bad man, Beast Boy told her as much. And she still decided to side with him, and then when it turns out, surprise, Slade has her doing bad things, she acts all surprised.

Not to mention the whole reason she ran away from the Titans in the first place was because she thought Beast Boy had betrayed her trust. Honestly aside from the fact that Robin is the apprentice of the world's greatest detective, and uncontrolled Earth powers aren't exactly the world's most discrete ability, there's the fact that if she ever actually wanted to get her powers under control, she'd have to admit that she couldn't control them, and if there was anyone to help her get her powers under control it'd be the Titans. But no first chance she gets act people who might actually help her control her abilities, at least enough to have a normal life let alone do good in the world, she runs away.

I mean sure, maybe Beast Boy betrayed your trust, which he didn't but working under the assumption he did, what's the worst? Sure you can't trust Beast Boy, but if you wanted to get your powers under control you would've had to tell the Titans at some point. I could understand maybe running away for a couple days, a week at most, but once your emotions calmed down and you looked at it rationally she should have recognized that the Titans were the best choice for her.

And even if she didn't than she should have recognized at some point that she needed to get her powers under control. Which you could say she did when she turned to Slade, but again she Knew Slade was a bad man, what was Beast Boy's quote? "Slade?" "Bad dude, way bad." I just don't get any of her decisions, and especially with her never actually taking responsibility for anything she does.

You veiw everthing Terra does very seriously. She is a teenager so she is going to have crazy emotions and perhaps she thought the Titans were going to kick her out the first time she left. So she ran away before they could. Terra just wanted some form of companionship and at the time Slade was the only one who would take her in and he got into her head and filled it with lies about the Titans. Try looking at it from Terra's point a few and it helps you understand why she did some of the things she did, but the others things were just stupid choices on her part.
BigHazelEyes
BigHazelEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next