DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+7
Corvus31
redeagle321
Music_Hero2779
Quickfeather
Fishing4Infinity
Rinisa
Vandal
11 posters

Page 20 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 20 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Vandal 5/3/2010, 11:32 pm

Batman squinted, unamused. But this is what he had to deal with this because she just so happened to be a girl. Batman sat behind her hugging her back. "If Superman, or any other hero hears about this, you're dead meat little missy." Batman said as they began to drive.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 5/3/2010, 11:50 pm

Seab stretched his head back and sighed, this obviously wasn't working. He flew back down to the police station, Hac on his shoulder.
"I suppose the station would be my best bet." he grumbled as he walked in and noticed John.
"More heroes...?" he sighed, walking up to the desk. I may as well try the direct approach...I'm tired of stalking. he thought as he walked up to John.
"You. You know about this issue with Batman? Any chance that you know anything? I'm willing to pay for anything you got, money or otherwise." he said, repressed through the whole of it, as if he were talking through gritted teeth.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/4/2010, 12:02 am

(Sorry Shadow didn't see the John post! I was in a hurry ._. Bah..)

The Officer at the desk looked up acknowledging John. "I'm sorry super kid, but we're all looking for Batman right now, if you want something you're going to have to wait till the squad comes back.. As you can see, we're pretty empty... At the moment." He turned around to check the department not a soul stirred. He turned back. "What files are they about anyways?" The strange looking officer asked, just then Chief of Police, Commissioner Flass came barging out of his office, screaming. "Bat! Bat!! Th- the Batman!" He sputtered and stumbled about. "What sir? What about the Batman?" The young office asked. "He was in my office!! He just disappeared! The Bastard! He stole my case file on the Slade case!" Flass fumed.

"Wh-what do you want me to do sir?!"
"Call everyone back!"
"We just sent them out!"
"And I said call them back! I want to figure out just how he escaped!"
"Uhh yes sir!"

"Who're these bozos?" Flass asked, referring to John and Saeb.

Dick tucked Nicole in a make-shift bed at the Batcave, or the Batbunker, whatever it was, it wasn't a real cave. He placed the page with the bloodstain on a scanner and began the blood sample test. Trying to figure out who's blood it was....
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 5/4/2010, 12:11 am

Seab's eyes darted over to Flass, glaring at him while his hand twitched toward a knife.
"I'm just here collecting information. A freelance bounty hunter, if you will." he said, choking the words out through his usual rasp and his newly acquired grimace.
"Like so many others I'm after the Batman, and your so called station-" he began, gesturing at the lack of staff "-was the best place to start." he finished.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/4/2010, 12:26 am

"Yeah kid? Well does this look like a good place to start? I don't care what you guys want, cause I know what you guys want! Every swingin' dick that comes in here wants the goddamn Batman! Well we don't have any info on his current whereabouts, so get your superhero asses outta my station right now or I'm gonna cap both of ya in the head!" Flass boomed and stormed back into his office.

Hours later, when the sun had started to come up, Alice came down to the Batcave and noticed Nicole sleeping. She sat down next to her and examined her breathing pattern. She seemed so peaceful, a stark difference in the chaos they had been dealing with recently. "She's actually pretty gorgeous." Dick said taking a break from his work and coffee to greet Alice. "Dick!! You're okay!" She screamed with joy and hugged him emphatically.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 5/4/2010, 12:42 am

Seab turned his head away to face John, eyes closed and a ticked off look on his face."I've always hated police. Are either of us even superheroes..." he muttered, not expecting an answer.
"Charming." Hac whispered.
"I couldn't have expected much anyways." Seab replied, talking as a hawk. He eyed John up and down quickly, then turned to the door and started walking out.
"Are you a superhero?" he asked with a frown, a slight hope that he wasn't.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/4/2010, 12:54 am

"Oh sorry Nicole!" Alice apologetically said getting off of Dick, "Morning sunshine." Dick said smiling at her. Wintergreen came in "Miss Gordon is waiting for all of you on the second floor with breakfast." He stated sounding as much as a rich white butler could sound. "Oh god, how is she Wintergreen?" Dick asked following him up the stairs with Alice and Nicole. "She has made a remarkable recover, I believe it has something to do with being paralyzed before." He said, his nose up high and his eyes half closed.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 5/4/2010, 1:41 am

Seab nodded his head in the closest thing to approval he would get to.
"You said you know people who are looking into this. Who, exactly?" Seab asked.
"Would they care for help?" he added with a frown, he didn't like team efforts, but it seemed to be the smartest bet here if he could find anyone.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 5/4/2010, 2:05 am

The gore sopping mess of a girl had been taken by surprise, she hadn't expected to be confronted so early. The pale flickering lights of the street lamp cast pale shadows across her wet frame. She eyed the two girls closely, nose crinkled in a disapproving grimace, she ignored them.

Mame moved away from the scene just as the clearly injured Karm began to scream, it was easy to ignore it seeing as Mame did not particularly care about these...Faces. She moved forward slowly, hands clasped to her sides, pushing the wind breaker against her chilled skin as she walked down the filthy alley way. Away from the trouble, away from the costumes...err...metahumans...Whoever they were, she didn't friggen care!

The blond turned right once she was free of the alley, the blaring lights of a hospital building and other such neon eye sores blinding her for a moment. Mame stood stunned, pressed into the cold stone corner of a building as her pupils dilated and contracted, adjusting painfully to the bright lights. It had been a long long time since she had seen anything this bright, her optical nerves ached and throbbed in the sockets, almost as if they were going to expand to the point of bursting.

With a quick jerk of her head she turned down the side walk and continued her blind march onwards, ignoring the cop cars and ambulances that were parked at Gotham General just across the road. It wasn't until her vision returned and she looked up that she noticed something up ahead of her, a pay phone.

A wicked smile graced the skinny criminals impish features as she moved down the block, leaving the hospital and police, and the rushing cybernetic, hippie totting girl behind. She had a plan, a devious, devious plan. Reaching into her pocket she pulled out some quarters that made up the fifty dollars she had pilfered from the two previous cops, god rest their poor unsuspecting souls.

Mame moved into the phone booth and shut the door behind her, glad that it was one of those old fashion private ones. After adjusting her wind breaker so that the two very pistol like shapes in her jacket weren't so visible she popped about six quarters into the slot and dialed the office of one Commissioner.

She smiled, bubblegum tongue lagging out of her mouth to slick a trail of slimy spit across her bottom lip.

" Ring....Ring...Ring...Ring...Ring...Ring...Ring...Banana phone"

The psychotic criminal rocked on her heels, head tilted to the side, phone cradled lovingly between her cheek and her shoulder. Just waiting for the new commissioner to pick up the phone, he'd be busy, but of course if he didn't answer she'd just have to leave him a happy little message.
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/4/2010, 8:35 am

Commissioner Flass barged into his office and sat down, he heard officer Bard calling in for the police to head back to the station. He had his hand over his forehead, sweat drenched his face. He exhaled and wiped his face. The phone rang, "Mother of-!!" Nearly falling out of his chair, he dried his hand on the side of his shirt and picked up the phone. "Commissioner Flass here, start talkin'."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/4/2010, 9:21 am

Confused and tired, she could only look back and forth between the two woman. One was say she was her best friend while the other was saying she was like a sister to her. Who was right? And the most important question; Who was lying? She gripped her bandaged head in frustration as she desperatly tried to remember. She couldn't remember anything. Her name. Her age. Her height was rather obvious. Nothing!

Imensly frustrated, she thought about what she could remember. However little that was. She remembered being terribly frightened when she woke up. She remembered the cyborg bringing her to this hell hole. Why would someone, who claimed to be 'family', bring her to a place that she feared? And what about the green woman? She had burst through the windows and saved her from the evil doctors. She had said a name. Had the cyborg? No... She made her choice and snuck out of the bed while the two women were distracted.

Cyrah had been facing Poison Ivy so she did not see what was about to happen to her. Quinn came up behind Cyrah, the heart monitor clutched in her hands, and swung it at her head. It smashed into her head and she fell to the floor, unconscious. Panting, Quinn looked up at Poison Ivy who had a grin on her face and her hand out stretched towards her. Shivering, she didn't even bother to take one last look at the unconscious Cyrah, and took Poisons Ivys hand.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/4/2010, 9:44 am

7:00 am
Cool breeze
Sun poking at the skyline.

An eloquent breakfast had been spread across the large table. Wintergreen had spent the last several hours to prepare it. Though the sun was nearly up, no one saw it. The Batcave is more of a 5 floor garage now. The vehicles were on the top floor, the collectibles and dangerous weapons by foes were on the 4th floor, gadgets, gizmos, and costumes were on the 3rd floor, the 2nd floor had more living quarters in case they had to hide away from the mansion, the 1st floor was the study room, fully equip with state of the art computers, software, and detective technology. Each floor served its purpose and Dick personally though the last Batcave was rather cluttered with everything being in one room.

Dick got to the 2nd floor next, he saw Barbara facing away from him and the door hugging Nicole; he was so relieved to see her, he let out a sigh. "I'm glad to see you're safe too.." She told Nicole. Dixk quietly moved up to her as Alice came to the doorway and watched the scene unfold.

Barbara looked up at Dick who was standing over her. "Hello Dick." Barbara whispered to him. "Hey Babs." He said with a smile, "How are you feeling? From last night?" He asked.

"I'm good. How are you?"
"What do you mean?"
"You turned yourself in last night."
"I knew what I was doing."
"You don't just give up like that!"
"Barbara.."
"Richard!"
"Barbara please, listen to me."
"No Richard, you listen to me! We're a family, and I don't know what you think families are, but we stick together!"
"Barbara, I-"
"I'm not finished, Dick! We will do ev-"
"What about Nicole?!"

There was a long silence. No one had the courage to say anything, everyone but Wintergreen. "I believe breakfast is in order." He said seating Nicole and Alice, pulling a chair for Dick. Right next to Barbara.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/4/2010, 10:09 am

"So in the past several hours.." Dick said, cutting his eggs with the edge of his fork, "I was able to get a positive ID on the blood sample. Turns out that it belongs to a close relative of Slade Wilson. Must be his wife or daughter or something. Her name is Rose Wilson, she wasn't thinking straight if she gave us a free blood sample to test on. I have personal satellites on the search for her location now." He said rather proud of his work. "Slade has a wife?" Alice asked shocked to hear the news. "You were his apprentice and you didn't even know? Anyways, like I said. I don't know if she's a wife or daughter or whatever." Dick said. "Well you have to have a wife in order to have a daughter." Alice said nomming. "True.. But she could be born out of wedlock." Dick contemplated.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/4/2010, 10:10 am

By the morning, Cyrah finally began to come to. But she wishe dshe hadn't- memories of the previous night's events went through her mind over and over. She could hear voices in the lobby, her Father's among them.

How could she honestly go out and talk to him? She had just let someone that ha dbeen like a sister to her for two years flip over to villainy in a matter of not even an hour. She had f***ed up, she had f***ed up bad.

She realized since she was the one that messed up, she had to be the one to make it right. She got up, and snuck over to a window, running into the city...
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 5/4/2010, 10:15 am

(whoa 39 already? where the heck is everyone?)
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/4/2010, 10:34 am

Corvus31 wrote:(whoa 39 already? where the heck is everyone?)
(Check the info sheet please.. Hard work.. Put to nothing -_-)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 5/4/2010, 10:43 am

(oh sry! ;^-^)

Nano was walking home after he had watched the police apprehend batman with his head buzzing with thoughts.

Why didn't Casius take the shot?
Who was the girl he zapped?
What is gonna happen to the batman now that he's in jail?

He opened the door to His and crimson's house. "Find anything interesting?" Crimson said. "Found the batman........the cops took him away " Nano responded quietly. "Casius had him cornered too.
"Well what are we gonna do now?"

Crimson threw the paper he was reading aside with speed.

"This is bad" Crimson said.

What is?

Batman has escaped from jail.

Last edited by Corvus31 on 5/4/2010, 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/4/2010, 10:50 am

(Okay.. Uhh I edited the infosheet, but Batman didn't get away he turned himself in. Then escaped later that night. Casius told Nano to keep an eye on Batman which he did till the police arrived. The least you can do is read the info sheet then the other posts above. I'm just saying to correct you so next time you won't have a problem Wink)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 5/4/2010, 12:38 pm

Mame smiled, her cheeks were starting to hurt from doing it too much. She cleared her throat softly and spoke into the receiver, it was then that she noticed her voice was hoarse and raspy, she scrunched up her nose before she also realized that she wasn't talking, she didn't want him hanging up on her!!

" Commissioner Gordon I presume, don't talk just listen. I am going to rob one bank in Gotham, just one, you won't know which one, or when, but it will happen and there will be casualties...I just wanted you to know before anyone else...well...Because you stupid cops need to be punished for spreading yourselves so thin, I'm sorry commissioner but ever since the Bat killed you, you've really been slipping up"

The blonde cackled and pressed her fingers into the black phone lovingly, almost as if she were speaking to a loved one or some secret crush, from the outside it all looked rather normal.

"You're suppose to protect the people of Gotham, I'm going to enjoy watching you fail"

With that she pressed her lips against the receiver, making a loud kissing noise before slamming it into the machine, effectively hanging up on the new commissioner. He didn't exist yet, in the girls mind she was more talking to the ghost of Gordon, he had been the one after all who had been there when the Batman had caught her the first time, she remembered him, he had felt sorry for her....She had labeled him Grandpa...So despite it not being true she was mourning him, in her own little way, he wasn't dead in her mind...Not yet.

Mame stepped out of the booth, but not before breaking the coin slot of the pay phone and pilfering the quarters that tumbled out into her open pockets like a slot machine. It was dark and she had turned onto a back road, those that did pass her only did so in cars and not very frequently, they didn't have time to look at her long enough to realize she was stealing from the machine.

Her plan was in motion, knowing her it would fall through, but she didn't care, she felt so smart and confident, free...She was free. Mame felt that surge of emotion bubble up in her chest as she walked away with her jingly pockets, back towards the harbor. She was tired, no more crime was coming from her tonight. She let her significantly drier frame walk her back to the chilled docks, her deft fingers making quick work of one of the locks to a empty air plane parts warehouse. The door closed behind her, locking it she looked about, noticing a elevated office just off to the back of the large room, she moved forward, bent on making this her little 'nest' for the night. Even while she broke into the office, took off her jacket and curled up into it on the floor, her mind was so far away, following the imaginary footsteps of the great adversary, The Batman. Another smile, her eyes closed, grateful for the idea of sleep, and sleep she did.

The next morning

Mame didn't wake up, for a long long time, nearly sleeping the entire day away, she needed..No deserved it. After escaping, nearly drowning, killing two people and calling the commissioner, well it was safe to say her stimulus withdrawn body needed time to cope, or she'd get sick again...And she couldn't afford that, not here not now.

She wouldn't wake for anything, not in her chilly safe little 'Mime cave' Her body ached slowly, her open wounds angry and swollen from her lack of attending to them, her stomach aching for her to fill it, and her head pounding from the lack of drugs that her body was used to being pumped full of by this time. Even with all these ailing symptoms the pain and discomfort only seemed to lull the child into an even deeper state of sleep.
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albedo2191 5/4/2010, 2:00 pm

Rose and Ami (Alex transformed recently) stood atop a building, the morning haze sprawled out over the city before them. The previous night's excitement was evident from their perch- in the distance one could see the wreck of What USED to be Arkahm. The STEAM bulding, pockmarked from some fight that apparently broke out, and Gotham general hospital, crowded with other cops and people frantically repairing the apparent damages.

But This was mereley a scenery change from Rose's perspective- not her city, not her job to clean it up. Between the Batman's little harem and the midnight riders, they should be able to keep Gotham in line. She had aided the Teen titans in the days before they disbanded, but just like her dad, she had lost that little scource of happiness also. She had traveled the world around since, punishing criminals, greedy bums, and crackpot supervillains alike, but she never once renounced her roots with her father. When she had heard of his betrayal, she happily threw the mantle of the hero aside to take her father's place.

Again in the middle of a mental monolouge, as far as Ami could tell, she didn't want to interupt her, but she couldn't resist. "Uh, lady Wilson, I don't mean to question your orders, but last night's plan, with the bloo-" Rose held up a hand and stopped Alex mid-sentence. "I know, I did it on purpose." She could tell Ami didn't quite follow. "If Batman knows someone other than Slade is doing this, the curiosity will nag him on end. With him busy tracking Cinderblock and other scant clues I intend to make him leave, Alice May will be all too right for the plucking." Rose said,her arms crossed as she spoke in a cool, tactical maner.

Cinderblock was back on the job, again casing colateral damage and making mayhem, as he often did. But he didn't mind- momma cinderblock would be very proud to see the menace to society her son was right now. Once more, he followed the underground tunnels. However, this time, instead of a big warehouse being his destination, this time it was Gotham's transit tunnels. The tracks the subways ran ounderfoot, and with so many people using the transit system, There was no way Batman would overlook it.

Effortlessly, the powerful titan plowed apart circuitbreakers for the elctrical tracks and tore up the tracks themselves. He jerked the torn tracks into a familiar 'S' shape, and stuck a note in the twisted rails. It read one word:
'Psych'
albedo2191
albedo2191

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 5/4/2010, 4:16 pm

"Great, another old pal of Sky's." Jersey said, as he thought of anything he could about Poison Ivy. All he knew was that she was a villan, she had done this sweet job of turning Arkahm into ruins, and had some wicked plant powers. "So anyways, I'm heading after this Posion Ivy. You guys working with your little team? Or am I allowed to join in and help a bit?"

Nickoli had gotten back to V.A.M.P before the sun had gotten into the sky. In fact the door had just closed when it hit the horison. He laid down on the couch only to be bugged by the taping of computer keys. Without opening his eyes he said, "Sky, what are you doing?" The tapping stopped. "Looking for work. Batman broke out by the way. Did you get anything from Robin?" He sighed, "Not the info you need."

Nickoli jumpped at the slam that came from the next room. Sky stormed in, "Bullsh*t Nickoli. Total bull. You have this power to know everything about a person just by touch! But you say that Robin or whatever her real name was that you called her, doesn't know who Batman is? Well geez I never thought a sidekick would know sh*t about the hero she worked with!" She was so mad, Nickoli swore he could see steam coming from her ears. "I should just open that window and let the sun burn you! Can't you see that all my -our- work rides on this? Well h*ll, guess you didn't!"
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/4/2010, 4:29 pm

(Lol Music! I love Nickoli XD)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/4/2010, 4:34 pm

[I'm assuming this is all a few hours l8r since mercy fast-forwarded everything to morning time.]

Zero helped the others work with the authorities over a majority of the night to clean up what was left of Arkahm. He aided in treating the injured, lucky to be alive, But tyhere weren't a lot of those- he spent a lot of time cleaning up the bodies and such. Using his powers to help fix up the building, he had deja'vu of his days as a titan six years ago. as he romped the halls, removing plants and fixing the obliterated building, he found Ivy and someone he didn't know. "Oh, hey dollface. Who is this?" He asked, levitating the bars of one of the cells into place, this particular cell containing a smashed TV...

If there were levels beyon annoyed, Casius had surpassed even those. His daughter had run away, and Karmy, whom he considered close enough to be his daughter also, was brainwashed in the hands of poision Ivy. THe anger jsut got passed around: he was mad at himself for letting this happen. He was mad at the batman and his merry band for beating Karmy in the first place. He was mad that Sarah ran away without telling him. He was mad Poision Ivy ahd the gall to just bust into a hospital. The list just went on. Growing irritated, he knew he couldn't just stand aorund here blowing steam. He eventually thanked the authorities, turned about, and left. In lack of a real plan, he knew there was only one real person that could have any success with Karmy. He question this plan as he partly blamed Mercy[I again feel bad] for the situation, but he had no choice. Withdrawing the GPS from earlier, he followed the signal...

Last edited by redeagle321 on 5/4/2010, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/4/2010, 4:36 pm

[O_o.. Karmys bag is lost right now Red o_o;;]
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity