DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young Justice cartoon is a go

+14
Ravenisawesome
LostShadowSoul
Laughing_Man
Fishing4Infinity
TheGoAsk
archiesangel
Thecrazykid3649
Rinisa
Riaaanna
TheDeceiverGod
Xenophobic Sponge
Naked Snake
Music_Hero2779
Azrael
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Young Justice cartoon is a go - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice cartoon is a go

Post by Music_Hero2779 5/2/2010, 6:12 pm

Did I just read that Cyborg will be back for the comics?! YES!!!
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/2/2010, 10:38 pm

TheGoAsk wrote:ironicly superboy was just un killed in the current running teen titans comic
its a team of beast boy raven. static. wonder girl miss martain blue beatle bombshell and now they may be putting superboy kid flash and or cyborg back in the comics its really good you guys should check it out

I am so confused by this statement. Superboy being dead I grasped, but Cyborg rebuilt the team after the Crisis, then Bombshell betrayed the team, Kid Flash/Flash died, & Raven resurrected Jericho.

This is the "Teen Titans" comic, I'm going but V3 myself.

Robin's been attempting to un-kill Super boy hasn't been doing so well in that regard.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoAsk 5/5/2010, 10:50 pm

you see darkest night was just finished and in the dc universe blackest night and final crisis always bring back popular heroes for example Green arrow and Red hood (2nd robin who was killed by joker)
TheGoAsk
TheGoAsk

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/6/2010, 11:31 am

Ahh okay, you're talking about zombie black lantern back from the dead super boy. I thought you were talking about standard non-zombie not going to get forced back into his grave by the combined Lantern Corps super boy.

I'm not confused any more Razz
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/6/2010, 12:19 pm

The Black Lantern got to Conner?! What the hell! I remember Lex got to him and made him all evil and junk, but the BL?!
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 5/6/2010, 12:49 pm

Well he is dead, and the Black Lanterns are all about raising the dead.
Betcha Cassy is gonna be in trouble though, since she's got a super-black-lantern ex-boyfriend coming to eat her heart out.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/6/2010, 7:56 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Betcha Cassy is gonna be in trouble though, since she's got a super-black-lantern ex-boyfriend coming to eat her heart out.

Mah brain....scarred....you have no clue what image that gave me.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 5/7/2010, 9:28 am

abreu7 wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:

Mah brain....scarred....you have no clue what image that gave me.

I think *I* can hazard a guess.... D:
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 1/25/2011, 7:31 pm

Information:

Young Justice (despite its name) is NOT related to its comic book counterpart. It was created by Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti for Cartoon Network, not to be considered and adaptation of the comic books, but rather the entire Dc Universe young superheroes. It takes place in Earth-16, where superheros are a new concept (Superman has only been around for 10 years). The main characters are Aqualad, Artemis, Robin, Superboy, and Kid Flash.

There are currently 3 episodes out, Independence Day, Fireworks (Independence Day, Part 2), and Welcome to Happy Harbor. The next episode is Drop Zone and Aires 1/28/11 at 7/6C.

Things on this forum that people were confused/asking about:

-Robin is Dick Grayson, he’s 13 years old, and is the most experienced member of the team (fighting bad people since 9 years old).

-Artemis is NOT a version of Arowette (and IS’T her). She is NOT the Amazon or a made up character (they chose her from the DC Library of already existing Characters).

-Kid Flash IS Wally West and NOT Barry Allen (he’s the Flash) or anyone else.

-Superboy is NOT a dumb jock (he is Superman’s clone (created by Cadmus) and his physical age is 16(and he is only 16 weeks old) so therefore he did not have a childhood and doesn’t not know about every day actions).

Thing else needing to be clarified?
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Location : Nowhere, somewhere, the deepest depht's of your totured mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 1/25/2011, 7:54 pm

Yes, what was wrong with using Arrowette?
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 1/25/2011, 8:27 pm

Dick sounds really really gay.. Especially since the fact of the matter is that Jesse McCartney is freakin' voicing him! Also, I hate the fact that Robin laughs right before he enters a battle.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenisawesome 1/25/2011, 10:25 pm

Robin reminds me of Beast Boy. It's not a bad thing, it's just weird seeing him immature, especially after watching Teen Titans for years. I can't wait to watch the next episode, or the episodes after the pilot one. :V (I've been working on the days the new episodes premiered, and I keep forgetting to watch them on Youtube.)
Ravenisawesome
Ravenisawesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 1/25/2011, 11:31 pm

Eh I thought the show was a 15 minute show cause my tv clock was messed up and I found myself begging for more cause I thought it was so short. I guess that says that it's good in my book.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 1/26/2011, 4:41 pm

It's a good show tho. I don't know why they didn't choose Arowette, maybe because it's not related to the comic book at all. They wanted to focus on young superheros/side kicks as a whole and the name has nothing to do with the comic-they just thought it sounded cool. I find the new Robin amuzing(not his voice, but it sounds right for a 13 yearold Robin, which he is). I love the way him and Kidflash goof off(plus I find it funny when they fight over Miss Martain).
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 1/26/2011, 5:02 pm

Not specific to this show but I get tired of seeing Robin as a tween. What's wrong with a show featuring six-teen year old Robin?

I mean I get that they're marketing these shows toward the young demographic, but can't there be just one show where Robin is actually more the mentor than the main character? I mean that was more or less his role in the Teen Titans when they actually had people like Raven Beast Boy and Cyborg as members...
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 1/26/2011, 5:08 pm

yeah...that peeve's me too. I'd like to see him as Nightwing(not just as a cameo on Jutice League Ulimited 'Grude Match' episode), but with a speaking part and teaching someone. He was in 'The Redhood' movie for the first half, but still, why do they always have to use the 'kid' Robin?

The answer probally is that the younger Robin is easier to work with and if they try to use him alittle older that fans might not be pleased at what they see.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 1/26/2011, 5:12 pm

I don't know about being easier to work with, you certain can get away with more comedy when you're basing your show on a kid character, but I mean like, Teen Titans aired something like what five, six years ago now? People who watched that show would be just the right age for a good 16-18 year old Robin character taking the second round of Titans under his (night)wing.

Not to mention people like me who grew up watching the original Batman: The Animated Series (Best series ever btw) where they actually had Dick grow up as the show went along, and got to do some really interesting story lines between him and Bruce as Dick tried to be his own man. I mean that show is basically the reason I got into DC comics!
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 1/26/2011, 5:25 pm

Teen Titans was how I got into comics. It was a bad part of my life, and to see someone like Raven come up through BB's taughts gave me strenght. I loved the part where Superman dressed up as Batman to fight Bane!!! I laughed so hard.

Did you know that in this weeks new episode of Young Justice, the team goes on a covert mission that involes Venom being smuggled to Cobra operatives-guess who's in it......BANE!

Heres a Link:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ActionFigureNews/news/?a=28711

It's has screeshots and two clips from the episode. I love Bane's design.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 1/26/2011, 5:29 pm

Wait... a second. The evil organization is named Cobra?

Do they have a... commander?
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 1/26/2011, 5:32 pm

Typo: its Kobra-as in GI Joes enemy(I think).There a cult. They Dress up as snakes and they were also featured in Batman Beyond(for two episodes).

There's what the site said:On their first official assignment, a covert recon mission to the Venom-producing island of Santa Prisca -- the team finds itself caught in a struggle between the deadly Bane and cult leader Kobra for possession of something far worse than they suspected.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 1/26/2011, 5:38 pm

GI Joe's used a C, and even if they showed up in Batman Beyond for the two episode Static Shock cross over thing. (fun fact Static Shock was actually made a cartoon, and then a comic, one of the many reasons I dislike it with great intensity.) You have to admit, naming your evil organization Cobra is just asking for the puns. If the writers are smart they will actually have an unnamed 'Kobra Commander' with a hiss to his voice just so we can all laugh hysterically.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 1/26/2011, 5:43 pm

hahahaha I love that. But, from what I know, It's a cult centered on, well...snakes. I wish there would be a commander like that, I'd laugh so hard, I would die from lack of oxygen.

From what I can tell, the On their first official assignment Ð a covert recon mission to the Venom-producing island of Santa Prisca -- the team finds itself caught in a struggle between the deadly Bane and cult leader Kobra for possession of something far worse than they suspected.

I think the underlined part is a war(or from what I can put together). But I'm still unsure.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 1/26/2011, 5:45 pm

Don't know in the comics, the Kobra cult wanted to bring about the age of chaos so the world could be ended and replaced. Depending on when they're setting things up, the something far worse might just be some mystical hoddidle or a pair of twins, since they're supposed to be lead to greatness by one of two twins, in the comic they randomly picked one from a pair and named him Kobra he ended up a criminal mastermind warrior snake freak guy.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul 1/26/2011, 5:50 pm

Ohhhh.....duh. I forgot about that. The episode looks sick(I wonder if their is going to be a fight scence between Superboy and Bane, I love to see THAT), makes for an intresting brodcast.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 1/26/2011, 10:11 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Not specific to this show but I get tired of seeing Robin as a tween. What's wrong with a show featuring six-teen year old Robin?

I mean I get that they're marketing these shows toward the young demographic, but can't there be just one show where Robin is actually more the mentor than the main character?

I dunno. It's hard to see Robin as a mentor because of the huge franchise sponsoring him as the sidekick. And if not the sidekick, then the leader in TT (Which isn't quite as famous.). But I am surprised it's Dick...He's just so different from where I've seen him before. And acting more like Tim.

As for "Young demographic", I'm not sure I get what you mean. The behind the scenes stuff I've seen said it's going to be aimed towards kids a bit older than TT was for. It's going to be about teenagers who happen to be super heroes. And, I quote, there are going to be moments where they're just with "Sex pounding in their heads". XD

AND ON RANDOM SIDE NOTE:
I love the show.
KF is hilarious.
And if "Hello, Megan!" becomes a catch phrase, I just might have to choke Miss Martian. Just might.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next