DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Web Comic

+29
JusticeBorn
Terra
Rain
Rinisa
Starfire_02
Eve
FloatingMagikarp
trainergreen
Forza3yeah
Rachel1466
~Angel~
archiesangel
Laughing_Man
Cylor
EllaMila1
Riaaanna
Vandal
j1e3s5
PJA1692
AddyBaby
redeagle321
ravenfan
thewizardofodd12
Sierra
Naked Snake
Raevien
Blitzkrieg
Thecrazykid3649
TheDeceiverGod
33 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Teen Titans Web Comic - Page 4 Empty Re: Teen Titans Web Comic

Post by Riaaanna 9/16/2009, 11:48 am

Raevien wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:Crazy, go to your profile and edit your signature. The HTML code is off, and I can't turn it on... Or can I? Wait a sec...

Nope. I can't.

.... You guys think Phantom is messing solely with the admin accounts?

....Phan's not doing anything. D: She's been hanging out with Gar and Roy all day. ....

*SHOT*
*shotshotshot*

Sorry...I had to.

Uh, so. >.> What exactly is going on?

check the news section. titled "the phantom".
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/16/2009, 8:16 pm

So yeah... is this thing going on or what?

(and who's the other phantom you speak of?)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/16/2009, 8:23 pm

Mercy wrote:So yeah... is this thing going on or what?

It's going. Can someone please confirm the list of staff working for this comic? Thank you. I don't wanna re-read from page 1... O.o

(She's talking about her oc. It's named Phantom, lol.)
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/16/2009, 10:58 pm

At last check I think this was fairly accurate.

Current jobs were:
Writers
General Concept Generator:TheCrazyKid
A Concept Approval Officer:
B Lead Script Producer:
C Assistant Script Producer:
D Final Draft Approval Officer:

Artists
Lead Artist:Raevien?
Line Artist:
Colorist:
Effects Manager:
Typesetter:

Descriptions of the tasks involved in each job can be found on page three, I was attempting to link to it but something keeps messing it up.
Here

People interested in taking jobs was
Writers
Thecrazykid3649
Thewizardofodd12
Shadow(sundavr baen)
Raevien
Redeagle
Ravenfan

Artists
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Raevien
Shadow
AddyBaby
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/16/2009, 11:21 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Mercy wrote:So yeah... is this thing going on or what?

It's going. Can someone please confirm the list of staff working for this comic? Thank you. I don't wanna re-read from page 1... O.o

(She's talking about her oc. It's named Phantom, lol.)

Ahh I see >_< But the reason why I want to know is cause I want to help.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/17/2009, 4:49 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:At last check I think this was fairly accurate.

Current jobs were:
Writers
B Lead Script Producer:

Artists
Line Artist:
Colorist:
Effects Manager:
Typesetter:

Descriptions of the tasks involved in each job can be found on page three, I was attempting to link to it but something keeps messing it up.
Here

Writers
Thecrazykid3649
Thewizardofodd12
Shadow(sundavr baen)
Raevien
Redeagle
Ravenfan

Artists
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Raevien
Shadow
AddyBaby

hmm... speaking of staffs, I haven't applied, huh? Razz
Silly me... Well... make one more addition, DeceiverGod. I want to get in as a writer. Or editor, whichever that works best for all. Smile
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 9/17/2009, 4:53 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:

Current jobs were:
Writers
B Lead Script Producer:

Artists
Line Artist:
Colorist:
Effects Manager:
Typesetter:

Here

Writers
Thecrazykid3649
Thewizardofodd12
Shadow(sundavr baen)
Raevien
Redeagle
Ravenfan

Artists
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Raevien
Shadow
AddyBaby

Silly me... Well... make one more addition, DeceiverGod. I want to get in as a writer. Or editor, whichever that works best for all. Smile

Yeah, and maybe I can be added by the artists?
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

https://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Teen Titans Web Comic - Page 4 Empty Not sure if this is appropriate, but...

Post by Cylor 9/17/2009, 7:20 am

You're welcome to peruse the fanfics I've written to see if any of my work interests you...or would it be easier/more convenient if I were to post topics for them in the fanfic forum?
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/17/2009, 7:46 am

Cylor wrote:You're welcome to peruse the fanfics I've written to see if any of my work interests you...or would it be easier/more convenient if I were to post topics for them in the fanfic forum?

that, I believe, is something that the whole staff is going to decide together Smile
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 9/17/2009, 9:58 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Cylor wrote:You're welcome to peruse the fanfics I've written to see if any of my work interests you...or would it be easier/more convenient if I were to post topics for them in the fanfic forum?
that, I believe, is something that the whole staff is going to decide together Smile
Okay...is that good or bad? Neutral
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/17/2009, 10:27 am

Cylor wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
Okay...is that good or bad? Neutral

lol I was just saying "Don't ask me, ask the others!"
:lol!:
But I'm reading your fic "Family" now, and it's pretty good so far Wink
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 9/17/2009, 11:05 am

I've got a sick comic formatting program, I could make the paneling, bubbles and effects incredibly sexy if that would help.
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/17/2009, 11:20 am

EllaMila1 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

Current jobs were:
Writers
B Lead Script Producer:

Artists
Line Artist:
Colorist:
Effects Manager:
Typesetter:

Here

Writers
Thecrazykid3649
Thewizardofodd12
Shadow(sundavr baen)
Raevien
Redeagle
Ravenfan

Artists
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Raevien
Shadow
AddyBaby

Uhh.. Same!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 9/17/2009, 4:25 pm

Mercy wrote:
EllaMila1 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

Current jobs were:
Writers
B Lead Script Producer:

Artists
Line Artist:
Colorist:
Effects Manager:
Typesetter:

Here

Writers
Thecrazykid3649
Thewizardofodd12
Shadow(sundavr baen)
Raevien
Redeagle
Ravenfan

Artists
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Raevien
Shadow
AddyBaby

Uhh.. Same!

If there is any more room, I would also like to be useful in any way that I can...
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/17/2009, 5:43 pm

OK wow, this went from dead in the water to back and kicking like nobodies business, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining but suddenly a lot more decision making is required on my end and to be perfectly honest the original plan was to have the best for the job take it through auditions, but seeing as that plan flopped I'm left open to suggestions. As of now I believe current staff stands at.

Writers
General Concept Generator:
B Lead Script Producer:

Artists
Lead Artist:
Line Artist:
Colorist:
Effects Manager:
Typesetter:

Descriptions of the tasks involved in each job can be found Here

Writers
Thecrazykid3649
Thewizardofodd12
Shadow(sundavr baen)
Raevien
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Rianna Lauren

Artists
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Raevien
Shadow
AddyBaby
Mercy
Archiesangel
EllaMila1
Laughing_Man

I'm tempted to put Laughing_Man as our Typesetter, but mostly just because s/he's the only one to have offered to take up a specific role, and ventured that they are uniquely equipped to occupy it. If any objects aren't raised I'll have him placed as such in the next posting of the staff roster.
Assuming that is fine with you Laughing_Man.

Now I would like to take this opportunity to state that I have, in my possession, the torrent files for both Adobe Illustrator CS4, and Adobe Photoshop 7, both of these appear rather dead aside from my own actions, but both of these I can seed myself, though I am rather ill equipped in my understand of torrent files and this may all be for not as both have issues connecting to their trackers, but I am unsure if this is merely because I am the only one. Now I'd like to state that this is merely and offer to, progress, this little endeavor of creating a web comic, and it is merely and offer simply and offer. Equally I feel I should state that even calling this a Gray Market transaction is being generous.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/20/2009, 9:36 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:OK wow, this went from dead in the water to back and kicking like nobodies business, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining but suddenly a lot more decision making is required on my end and to be perfectly honest the original plan was to have the best for the job take it through auditions, but seeing as that plan flopped I'm left open to suggestions. As of now I believe current staff stands at.

Writers
General Concept Generator:
B Lead Script Producer:

Artists
Lead Artist:
Line Artist:
Colorist:
Effects Manager:
Typesetter:

Descriptions of the tasks involved in each job can be found Here

Writers
Thecrazykid3649
Thewizardofodd12
Shadow(sundavr baen)
Raevien
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Rianna Lauren

Artists
Redeagle
Ravenfan
Raevien
Shadow
AddyBaby
Mercy
Archiesangel
EllaMila1
Laughing_Man

I'm tempted to put Laughing_Man as our Typesetter, but mostly just because s/he's the only one to have offered to take up a specific role, and ventured that they are uniquely equipped to occupy it. If any objects aren't raised I'll have him placed as such in the next posting of the staff roster.
Assuming that is fine with you Laughing_Man.

Now I would like to take this opportunity to state that I have, in my possession, the torrent files for both Adobe Illustrator CS4, and Adobe Photoshop 7, both of these appear rather dead aside from my own actions, but both of these I can seed myself, though I am rather ill equipped in my understand of torrent files and this may all be for not as both have issues connecting to their trackers, but I am unsure if this is merely because I am the only one. Now I'd like to state that this is merely and offer to, progress, this little endeavor of creating a web comic, and it is merely and offer simply and offer. Equally I feel I should state that even calling this a Gray Market transaction is being generous.

Okay so you don't think we're ready to get this show on the road yet or what? I mean.. cause I'm ready when you guys are! (And I will also be working on my side-project Dark Titans if anyone else is interested)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/21/2009, 12:04 am

In essence, yes we're more than ready to get this thing off the ground. We have more than enough people with more than enough skill, time, and enthusiasm.

The only thing that is particularly holding us up at this point is the fact that we need to organize ourselves. Unless we maybe want to just wing it, in which case I foresee several different comics coming to life out of a random mass of chaos and carnage the result of which could likely be the death of us all.

Now, sense for some reason I seem to be the brains of this operation... I guess it falls to me to organize ourselves.
We will do so democratically I will put forward an idea, people will second it or oppose it, you get the picture.

Now first seeing as we have far more people than I had ever imagined willing to take part in this, I put forward the idea of having more than one team working on various pages of this and that. In essence we would have two freely functioning teams under the same lead, Team A would, for example, work on even numbered pages, while Team B would take the odd numbered pages. Each team would function independent of the others but there would be common managerial staff above each.

In essence it would look something like this for the art teams.

Lead Artist
/ \
Team A Lead ---------Team B Lead
/ \
Team A Line Artist Team B Line Artist
| |
Team A Colorist Team B Colorist
| |
Team A Effects-----------Team B Effects
\ /
Typesetter
|
Final Product

---- is communication
| is the flow of the product
/ \ is the division of labor \ / is the combination

Now this revised work flow would require more people, but it would appear that we already have, but as is the crux of having more people, it also means we would need more managers yes those dreaded bosses of the laborer who cause everything to go wrong and ruin everyone's day.

In this revised work tree the Lead Artist's job wouldn't really change, keep in mind however that while I have hopes that the Lead Artist will be someone with high artistic talent, what's really more required for this position is the ability to manage people, and the ability to make decisions. To restate because I am aware that many a person here doesn't want to go back in time and read my previously posted description of the Lead Artist's responsibilities.

"The Lead Artist will be the person responsible for all the artistic decisions, general character style, how many panels to a page, which panels get what space, what color the panel breaks are, how the panel breaks are shaped, etc." The Lead Artist is arguably the most important position, it will be at his or her discretion as to how best to utilize the space of the individual page, as well as how best to accent individual actions with artistic boarders.
A comic that is nothing but six squares on a page for page after page after page is boring. The Lead Artist will be the one to decide when a dramatic wall to wall block is needed to truly get the image of cyborg blasting the baddie across. The Lead Artist will be the one who decides to split the panel holding Slade's face, with the one holding Robin's face. The Lead Artist will be the one to decide to have Raven literally fall out of the top panel of the page, in front of the middle panel, and be caught by Beast Boy at the bottom of the page.

I could drill on this more, and if anyone needs me to please let me know I would be more than happy to explain my envisioned jobs to anyone simply for the asking. As teachers often say, if you're confused, someone else probably is too, they're just too shy to ask so you have to for them.

Oh P.S. If we were going to attempt to keep the characters in a single style, it would be the Lead Artist's job to produce character sheets for not only cannon characters, but any original characters which we decided to include. If you don't know what a character sheet is This is what I'm talking about.

Ahem.

Moving on. After the Lead Artist rendered their decisions even pages would be handed to the Team A Lead. The Team A Lead would then communicate with the Team B Lead to block out a general idea of how to do what with what parts. I wouldn't mind in the slightest, AKA, I would prefer it if, the Team Leads were also somehow involved in the writing portion of the process. Being a Team Lead would not actually require ever coming in contact with a pencil, the purpose of this position is simply to keep the flow of communication open, Team Leads would check in with their team on the occasion to see how things are progressing. It would be their job to remind the Line Artist that the Colorist can't start their job until they get the hand off, so maybe Beast Boy's chin doesn't have to be absolutely perfect. Team Leads would be the checks and balances intended to keep the flow moving and brutally hack away any clogs that get in the way. I would encourage each Team Lead to request regular emails from their members, including the current work file so that encase anyone goes missing or has their computer crash or loses the file or whatever we don't have a critical hang up and have to start all over again.

However if something does go wrong in the team, it would be the Team Lead's fault. Just so you know, with great power, comes great blame... Or something like that.

Line Artists, again you would do line art. Nothing fancy, just draw the black lines, don't even color in the black lines where there is black. Just lines, that's all, no shading, no color, no light brushing with the pen/pencil/mouse to show that something is further back or what not. No, you do lines, that's it, the expedience of this project is based upon the idea that each person can finish what they're working on quickly and hand it off to the next person. If anyone starts getting fancy with us the whole thing stops deader than a roadkill-turtle.

If you are confused as to what Line art is, This is what I'm talking about. The eyebrows might even be a little much, that's how much I'm talking about Line Art. I don't care if Raven's powers should have white lines and you're on a white background, let the Effects guy worry about that. You worry about Lines

Likewise with the Colorist, all you guys care about is color. When you get done with something, it should look nice, but not spectacular. Employ this check list if you must.
Base Colors
Shadows
Highlights
Extreme Shadows
Extreme Highlights
Done

Easier said than done I know, but we're not looking for the Mona Lisa here. If it looks like the show, great, if it looks better than the show super great! If it looks better than that, you're probably putting too much work into it and need to take a step back and pace yourself. I might recommend using a separate Photoshop layer for each piece of the check list, I find the Multiply layer style works well for shadows. I figure maybe an hour or two a day for a week, and you should be done with your average page. True there will be exceptions, the page with both the good and bad team facing off might take a little longer, but on the other hand, the page with Robin sourly sulking in his den of thieves, ahem justice, shouldn't take maybe a few hours.

Communication with the Effects Managers will be good ideas, for example if they want to do something with Raven/Cyborg's powers crossing courtesy of Red X splashing Red Black & Blue shadows on him. Alternatively, if you do your job right it shouldn't be too hard for them to just change the colors of the highlights/shadows etc.

And speaking of the Effects Managers if you haven't guess yet, it's your job to add the effects. You turn Cyborg's blast into a sonic wave rather than just a couple of lines and a splash. You perk up the boarders of Raven's powers, make her eyes glow, all that good jazz. Anyone with lots of Photoshop experience would be nice, but again, we're talking all comers. It would be good if you talked to each other, so that there is some consistency between pages. Robin's disk doesn't explode orange on one page and leave behind frost on the next.

And last but not least the Typesetter will do as previously stated. "little beyond putting in the text bubbles, all that would be really required here is the ability do so, while not covering up anything our design team has worked so hard on. They would have to make some decisions though, sound effect typeface, fonts, however you distinguish one character's voice from another etc. I'm partial to the idea of a different colored text bubble for each character, if a stroke is added it could get pretty specific. Slade gets a gray bubble with an orange outline, Robin gets Red on Red, Raven gets Blue on Blue, Cyborg gets Blue on Gray, etc etc. Sound effects and dialog heavy scenes would increase your work load, but it should never get too serious."

And that would end it. Once the Typesetter gets done with a page it would go back up to the Lead Artist for final approval, possibly taking a detour to the Team Lead for their approval, and then it would go up wherever the viewing public will see it.

Writers

Simply put your jobs aren't changing, but seeing as they were rather poorly stated in the beginning, I'll refresh your memories.

General Concept Generator
This is the person who comes up with the General Concept for a story line. Note this does not mean individual 'episode ideas' this means a Storyline. This would be like the person who decides that Psimon has come back to attempt to brainwash Raven into doing his bidding and re-raise Trigon, with the help of Brother Blood and the Hive Academy, for example.

Something which can be made into an entire story, not just a one shot wonder.

Concept Approval Officer(s)
This is the person who's job it is to smack the General Concept guy upside the head each time he comes up with something like. For example "Beast Boy get's permanently morphed into a kitten and abducted by Killer Moth as a birthday gift for his daughter." Yes that would be interesting, but it couldn't be built upon. What would Beast Boy learn from that experience? Anything that will result in things ending exactly the same as they started is probably a good thing to shoot down. If it helps, think "What would Naked Snake say."

Lead Script Producer
Here we have the person who will put their individual voice into the project. It will be this person who is responsible for exactly what Psimon says to Blood to get him to help. It will be this person who is responsible for the exact phrasing Robin uses to confess his love to Beast Boy. In essence, this is the person who writes the script, this is the person who puts words into the Titan's mouths. This is the person who decides if the Hive academy students attack a Bank or a Taco Stand, if they attack at night or day, in the fall or the spring, etc etc. This person is in essence the God of Jump City.

Assistant Script Producer(s)
If the Lead Script Producer is Zeus, than the Assistant Script Producer is Hermes. This is the person who, in tandem with the Lead Script Producer creates the script. This is the person who when the Lead Script Producer says the Hive Students are attacking a bank at night, and then later has bank employs running from them and getting in the way, they raise their hand and ask "If it's night why are the employs at work?" You inject logic into an otherwise perfectly reasonable scenario, you're the one who keeps the Lead Script Producer from getting too carried away pulling people out of character. When the Lead Script Producer wants Robin to confess to Starfire, you say "But Robin keeps all His emotions in check, it doesn't make any sense for him to be the one to approach her." When the Lead Script Producer want Raven to act emotional, you make her act logical. You're the one keeping God in line.

Final Draft Approval Officer(s)
This is the final person who looks at the 'script' before it's handed off to the Artists. Your job would basically be proof reading, you make sure that when the artists get it there are no typos no inconsistencies, you make sure that when it says Raven on page 43 it doesn't mean Robin. If any further explanation is needed I can provide it but after this if you folk don't get what job does what, I might just have to lose hope.

Also, now that you have an idea of exactly what it is each job will be doing feel free to apply, all positions are currently OPEN

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 10/19/2009, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/21/2009, 5:28 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:In essence, yes we're more than ready to get this thing off the ground. We have more than enough people with more than enough skill, time, and enthusiasm.

The only thing that is particularly holding us up at this point is the fact that we need to organize ourselves. Unless we maybe want to just wing it, in which case I foresee several different comics coming to life out of a random mass of chaos and carnage the result of which could likely be the death of us all.

Now, sense for some reason I seem to be the brains of this operation... I guess it falls to me to organize ourselves.
We will do so democratically I will put forward an idea, people will second it or oppose it, you get the picture.

Now first seeing as we have far more people than I had ever imagined willing to take part in this, I put forward the idea of having more than one team working on various pages of this and that. In essence we would have two freely functioning teams under the same lead, Team A would, for example, work on even numbered pages, while Team B would take the odd numbered pages. Each team would function independent of the others but there would be common managerial staff above each.

In essence it would look something like this for the art teams.

Lead Artist
/ \
Team A Lead ---------Team B Lead
/ \
Team A Line Artist Team B Line Artist
| |
Team A Colorist Team B Colorist
| |
Team A Effects-----------Team B Effects
\ /
Typesetter
|
Final Product

---- is communication
| is the flow of the product
/ \ is the division of labor \ / is the combination

Now this revised work flow would require more people, but it would appear that we already have, but as is the crux of having more people, it also means we would need more managers yes those dreaded bosses of the laborer who cause everything to go wrong and ruin everyone's day.

In this revised work tree the Lead Artist's job wouldn't really change, keep in mind however that while I have hopes that the Lead Artist will be someone with high artistic talent, what's really more required for this position is the ability to manage people, and the ability to make decisions. To restate because I am aware that many a person here doesn't want to go back in time and read my previously posted description of the Lead Artist's responsibilities.

"The Lead Artist will be the person responsible for all the artistic decisions, general character style, how many panels to a page, which panels get what space, what color the panel breaks are, how the panel breaks are shaped, etc." The Lead Artist is arguably the most important position, it will be at his or her discretion as to how best to utilize the space of the individual page, as well as how best to accent individual actions with artistic boarders.
A comic that is nothing but six squares on a page for page after page after page is boring. The Lead Artist will be the one to decide when a dramatic wall to wall block is needed to truly get the image of cyborg blasting the baddie across. The Lead Artist will be the one who decides to split the panel holding Slade's face, with the one holding Robin's face. The Lead Artist will be the one to decide to have Raven literally fall out of the top panel of the page, in front of the middle panel, and be caught by Beast Boy at the bottom of the page.

I could drill on this more, and if anyone needs me to please let me know I would be more than happy to explain my envisioned jobs to anyone simply for the asking. As teachers often say, if you're confused, someone else probably is too, they're just too shy to ask so you have to for them.

Oh P.S. If we were going to attempt to keep the characters in a single style, it would be the Lead Artist's job to produce character sheets for not only cannon characters, but any original characters which we decided to include. If you don't know what a character sheet is This is what I'm talking about.

Ahem.

Moving on. After the Lead Artist rendered their decisions even pages would be handed to the Team A Lead. The Team A Lead would then communicate with the Team B Lead to block out a general idea of how to do what with what parts. I wouldn't mind in the slightest, AKA, I would prefer it if, the Team Leads were also somehow involved in the writing portion of the process. Being a Team Lead would not actually require ever coming in contact with a pencil, the purpose of this position is simply to keep the flow of communication open, Team Leads would check in with their team on the occasion to see how things are progressing. It would be their job to remind the Line Artist that the Colorist can't start their job until they get the hand off, so maybe Beast Boy's chin doesn't have to be absolutely perfect. Team Leads would be the checks and balances intended to keep the flow moving and brutally hack away any clogs that get in the way. I would encourage each Team Lead to request regular emails from their members, including the current work file so that encase anyone goes missing or has their computer crash or loses the file or whatever we don't have a critical hang up and have to start all over again.

However if something does go wrong in the team, it would be the Team Lead's fault. Just so you know, with great power, comes great blame... Or something like that.

Line Artists, again you would do line art. Nothing fancy, just draw the black lines, don't even color in the black lines where there is black. Just lines, that's all, no shading, no color, no light brushing with the pen/pencil/mouse to show that something is further back or what not. No, you do lines, that's it, the expedience of this project is based upon the idea that each person can finish what they're working on quickly and hand it off to the next person. If anyone starts getting fancy with us the whole thing stops deader than a roadkill-turtle.

If you are confused as to what Line art is, This is what I'm talking about. The eyebrows might even be a little much, that's how much I'm talking about Line Art. I don't care if Raven's powers should have white lines and you're on a white background, let the Effects guy worry about that. You worry about Lines

Likewise with the Colorist, all you guys care about is color. When you get done with something, it should look nice, but not spectacular. Employ this check list if you must.
Base Colors
Shadows
Highlights
Extreme Shadows
Extreme Highlights
Done

Easier said than done I know, but we're not looking for the Mona Lisa here. If it looks like the show, great, if it looks better than the show super great! If it looks better than that, you're probably putting too much work into it and need to take a step back and pace yourself. I figure maybe an hour or two a day for a week, and you should be done with your average page. True there will be exceptions, the page with both the good and bad team facing off might take a little longer, but on the other hand, the page with Robin sourly sulking in his den of thieves, ahem justice, shouldn't take maybe a few hours.

Communication with the Effects Managers will be good ideas, for example if they want to do something with Raven/Cyborg's powers crossing courtesy of Red X splashing Red Black & Blue shadows on him. Alternatively, if you do your job right it shouldn't be too hard for them to just change the colors of the highlights/shadows etc.

And speaking of the Effects Managers if you haven't guess yet, it's your job to add the effects. You turn Cyborg's blast into a sonic wave rather than just a couple of lines and a splash. You perk up the boarders of Raven's powers, make her eyes glow, all that good jazz. Anyone with lots of Photoshop experience would be nice, but again, we're talking all comers. It would be good if you talked to each other, so that there is some consistency between pages. Robin's disk doesn't explode orange on one page and leave behind frost on the next.

And last but not least the Typesetter will do as previously stated. "little beyond putting in the text bubbles, all that would be really required here is the ability do so, while not covering up anything our design team has worked so hard on. They would have to make some decisions though, sound effect typeface, fonts, however you distinguish one character's voice from another etc. I'm partial to the idea of a different colored text bubble for each character, if a stroke is added it could get pretty specific. Slade gets a gray bubble with an orange outline, Robin gets Red on Red, Raven gets Blue on Blue, Cyborg gets Blue on Gray, etc etc. Sound effects and dialog heavy scenes would increase your work load, but it should never get too serious."

And that would end it. Once the Typesetter gets done with a page it would go back up to the Lead Artist for final approval, possibly taking a detour to the Team Lead for their approval, and then it would go up wherever the viewing public will see it.

Writers

Simply put your jobs aren't changing, but seeing as they were rather poorly stated in the beginning, I'll refresh your memories.

General Concept Generator
This is the person who comes up with the General Concept for a story line. Note this does not mean individual 'episode ideas' this means a Storyline. This would be like the person who decides that Psimon has come back to attempt to brainwash Raven into doing his bidding and re-raise Trigon, with the help of Brother Blood and the Hive Academy, for example.

Something which can be made into an entire story, not just a one shot wonder.

Concept Approval Officer(s)
This is the person who's job it is to smack the General Concept guy upside the head each time he comes up with something like. For example "Beast Boy get's permanently morphed into a kitten and abducted by Killer Moth as a birthday gift for his daughter." Yes that would be interesting, but it couldn't be built upon. What would Beast Boy learn from that experience? Anything that will result in things ending exactly the same as they started is probably a good thing to shoot down. If it helps, think "What would Naked Snake say."

Lead Script Producer
Here we have the person who will put their individual voice into the project. It will be this person who is responsible for exactly what Psimon says to Blood to get him to help. It will be this person who is responsible for the exact phrasing Robin uses to confess his love to Beast Boy. In essence, this is the person who writes the script, this is the person who puts words into the Titan's mouths. This is the person who decides if the Hive academy students attack a Bank or a Taco Stand, if they attack at night or day, in the fall or the spring, etc etc. This person is in essence the God of Jump City.

Assistant Script Producer(s)
If the Lead Script Producer is Zeus, than the Assistant Script Producer is Hermes. This is the person who, in tandem with the Lead Script Producer creates the script. This is the person who when the Lead Script Producer says the Hive Students are attacking a bank at night, and then later has bank employs running from them and getting in the way, they raise their hand and ask "If it's night why are the employs at work?" You inject logic into an otherwise perfectly reasonable scenario, you're the one who keeps the Lead Script Producer from getting too carried away pulling people out of character. When the Lead Script Producer wants Robin to confess to Starfire, you say "But Robin keeps all His emotions in check, it doesn't make any sense for him to be the one to approach her." When the Lead Script Producer want Raven to act emotional, you make her act logical. You're the one keeping God in line.

Final Draft Approval Officer(s)
This is the final person who looks at the 'script' before it's handed off to the Artists. Your job would basically be proof reading, you make sure that when the artists get it there are no typos no inconsistencies, you make sure that when it says Raven on page 43 it doesn't mean Robin. If any further explanation is needed I can provide it but after this if you folk don't get what job does what, I might just have to lose hope.

Also, now that you have an idea of exactly what it is each job will be doing feel free to apply, all positions are currently OPEN

I'll be the general concept generator.
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/21/2009, 12:04 pm

Alright that's one.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/21/2009, 12:11 pm

So... The lead script producer is like the person who writes details of the general idea, right? Can I be that one there? XDDDDD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/21/2009, 12:12 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:So... The lead script producer is like the person who writes details of the general idea, right? Can I be that one there? XDDDDD
And that's two.
This is moving along nice and smoothly.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/21/2009, 12:19 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:So... The lead script producer is like the person who writes details of the general idea, right? Can I be that one there? XDDDDD
And that's two.
For now, at least. :lol!:
Anyways, you can always put these people who haven't applied (make a deadline. Maybe... Two weeks, for example?) until the deadline, on jobs which you think might fit for them. If they don't like it, they can complain. They don't complain, maybe they like it. lol Just a suggestion, though..
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/21/2009, 12:29 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
And that's two.
For now, at least. :lol!:
Anyways, you can always put these people who haven't applied (make a deadline. Maybe... Two weeks, for example?) until the deadline, on jobs which you think might fit for them. If they don't like it, they can complain. They don't complain, maybe they like it. lol Just a suggestion, though..
In honestly I don't think I know people well enough yet. I haven't been on this forum for that long, but knowing that, I'd be open to casting suggestions.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 9/21/2009, 12:36 pm

Hmm... Colorist or Typesetter...

I guess just giving it colour would be nice, but with shadows and highlights.... Meh.

So, the Typesetter here!

Last edited by EllaMila1 on 9/21/2009, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

https://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/21/2009, 12:37 pm

EllaMila1 wrote:Hmm... Colorist or Typesetter...

I guess just giving it colour would be nice, but with shadows and highlights.... Meh.

So, the Typersetter here!

Alright we have our first artist signed up and tallied down!
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next