DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

+21
JusticeBorn
Raevien
Rain
Negromancer
SylverBluTitan
Xenophobic Sponge
RustleXer
FloatingMagikarp
Cylor
Azrael
Laughing_Man
TheDeceiverGod
EllaMila1
Riaaanna
thewizardofodd12
Vandal
redeagle321
archiesangel
~Angel~
Naked Snake
artemis 1223
25 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Random cool facts that deal with the titans. Empty Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by artemis 1223 8/12/2009, 9:27 pm

hey guys i was in my astronamy class and we were learing about earth dirt mud whatever u want to call it. and i learned that land or terrain in latin is called Terra. i though that was cool and decided it was worth sharing. i wonder if wb new this when they named terra? i also want to invite u to see if there are other facts like this in TT. thx. -cadet farmer
artemis 1223
artemis 1223

Back to top Go down

Random cool facts that deal with the titans. Empty Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by artemis 1223 8/24/2009, 7:31 pm

lol i guess nobody else had any cool facts... =P :farao:
artemis 1223
artemis 1223

Back to top Go down

Random cool facts that deal with the titans. Empty Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Naked Snake 8/24/2009, 9:11 pm

artemis 1223 wrote:hey guys i was in my astronamy class and we were learing about earth dirt mud whatever u want to call it. and i learned that land or terrain in latin is called Terra. i though that was cool and decided it was worth sharing. i wonder if wb new this when they named terra? i also want to invite u to see if there are other facts like this in TT. thx. -cadet farmer

WB didn't create Terra, D.C. did. Decades before the show was created, I might add. And given the fact that her power involves manipulation of land, I think it's a safe bet that they knew.

In other news, Beast Boy's name includes the words "Beast" and "Boy." Wowzers! I wonder if D.C. knew this when they named him!
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by artemis 1223 8/24/2009, 10:28 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
artemis 1223 wrote:hey guys i was in my astronamy class and we were learing about earth dirt mud whatever u want to call it. and i learned that land or terrain in latin is called Terra. i though that was cool and decided it was worth sharing. i wonder if wb new this when they named terra? i also want to invite u to see if there are other facts like this in TT. thx. -cadet farmer

WB didn't create Terra, D.C. did. Decades before the show was created, I might add. And given the fact that her power involves manipulation of land, I think it's a safe bet that they knew.

In other news, Beast Boy's name includes the words "Beast" and "Boy." Wowzers! I wonder if D.C. knew this when they named him!
yay! sombody posted!!!
artemis 1223
artemis 1223

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 8/24/2009, 10:30 pm

artemis 1223 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

yay! sombody posted!!!

You didn't read what I said, or else you wouldn't be so joyous.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ 8/25/2009, 5:10 pm

Well star and nightwing were going to get married on thier wedding day evil raven crashed there wedding and put a seed in star so she had to leave and go back to her planet and she ended up marrying a general who was killed in battle hope that helps.
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel 8/26/2009, 7:08 pm

Beast Boy's other name in 1965 (when he first appeared in The Doom Patrol comics from DC) was Changling... =)
archiesangel
archiesangel

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 8/27/2009, 2:47 pm

In the older comic series, it was raven and cyborg that started the Titans XD
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/2/2009, 3:35 pm

Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thewizardofodd12 9/2/2009, 5:16 pm

Mercy wrote:Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??

every one knew that, kid.
thewizardofodd12
thewizardofodd12

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/2/2009, 6:22 pm

Oh my GOD! And did you know that there was more than one Robin too? Astounding!

Someone else saw the absurdity of this thread and commented. I feel so...understood.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/2/2009, 6:50 pm

:lol!:
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/2/2009, 8:23 pm

thewizardofodd12 wrote:

Oh wow really? You sure??
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 9/16/2009, 10:41 am

Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:

Almost everyone loved batman, so yeah apparently everyone knows.
I've never been such a fan of it, so when I saw Robin I was like,, hmm.. xd
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

https://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/16/2009, 11:44 am

EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:

lol. hey ella, get on the chatbox! :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 9/16/2009, 12:08 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:

lol. hey ella, get on the chatbox! :D

^^ ugh you just left. xD
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/16/2009, 4:02 pm

EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:

Uhh... yeah that's called sarcasm
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 9/17/2009, 2:40 am

Mercy wrote:
EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:

... >.>
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/17/2009, 7:40 pm

EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:

... >.>

yeah.. sorry >_<
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/24/2009, 9:10 am

Here's a fun little fact. In Cyborg's original origin he wasn't crippled in a car accident like the Go! comics claim, but his parents were semi-crazy super scientists who were experimenting when something blew up, killed his mother, and seriously crippled him. His dad hooked him up to a toaster and saved his life, but it wasn't exactly inconspicuous.

Also Herald's horn is called the Gabriel Horn, based off a mathematical theoretical figure with infinite surface area, but a finite volume, and in the original comics it eroded the barriers between Earth and Purgatory.

'Purgatory' also makes an appearance in the Justice League television show, though like in Titans it remains unnamed. In the Episode 'Kid's Stuff' the arch wizard Mordred La Faye uses the amulet of first magic to banish 'every older then him' including his own mother, the dimension where all the adults are sent bears a convincing resemblance to The Herald's dimension from Teen Titans.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/24/2009, 11:50 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Here's a fun little fact. In Cyborg's original origin he wasn't crippled in a car accident like the Go! comics claim, but his parents were semi-crazy super scientists who were experimenting when something blew up, killed his mother, and seriously crippled him. His dad hooked him up to a toaster and saved his life, but it wasn't exactly inconspicuous.

Also Herald's horn is called the Gabriel Horn, based off a mathematical theoretical figure with infinite surface area, but a finite volume, and in the original comics it eroded the barriers between Earth and Purgatory.

'Purgatory' also makes an appearance in the Justice League television show, though like in Titans it remains unnamed. In the Episode 'Kid's Stuff' the arch wizard Mordred La Faye uses the amulet of first magic to banish 'every older then him' including his own mother, the dimension where all the adults are sent bears a convincing resemblance to The Herald's dimension from Teen Titans.

Uhhh WOW
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 9/24/2009, 2:52 pm

Mercy wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:Here's a fun little fact. In Cyborg's original origin he wasn't crippled in a car accident like the Go! comics claim, but his parents were semi-crazy super scientists who were experimenting when something blew up, killed his mother, and seriously crippled him. His dad hooked him up to a toaster and saved his life, but it wasn't exactly inconspicuous.

Uhhh WOW

Well if you liked that I have more.

'Trigon's true name is Skath, in that the mark he places on Raven & Slade's forehead is the Mark of Skath. He was originally created as the DC universe's version of Lucifer, in that he is the personification of evil in all it's forms, his realm is actually supposed to be hell, from which several heroes actually owe their origins, including Blue Devil, Kid Devil, and Etrigan the Demon.

Etrigan the Demon, and his alter ego Jason Blood have appeared in both Batman the Animated series, and Justice League unlimited. Jason Blood is an Arthurian Knight who fell in love with Morgan La Faye and betrayed Camelot, and was cursed by Merlin to share his existence with Merlin's then familiar, Etrigan, until the time at which he atoned for his crime IE killed the eternal witch Morgan. Jason Blood is forced to transform into the demon each time he comes in contact with a source of 'evil' Or he can transform himself by reciting a specific poem.

This would mean imply that Jason Blood would be force into being Etrigan were he to come into contact with Raven. Jason Blood is also a friend of Bruce Wane, and both know of each other's secret identities. Jason Blood acts as Batman's regular magical assistant, an in return Bruce loans him a few thousand here and there.

In Dante's Inferno, Dante actually placed Purgatory as the top level of Hell, meaning that Purgatory would actually be within the domain of Skath, Raven's father. Dante described the place as much the same as Earth, where so called 'virtuous pagan's went and spent eternity within the castle of Reason, including such all time hits as Aristotle, Homer, Plato, and more.

But wait there's more.

'Purgatory' also bears an interesting resemblance to the dimension from which the Thanigarian renounced Gods descended in the Justice League Episode "The Terror Beyond" these dark gods bear a significant resemblance to H.P. Lovecraft's 'Deep Ones' who in any iteration of the story are summoned by the dark spell book the Necronomicon. The Necronomicon's counter part, the Rominomicon is among the magic scrolls mentioned by Malchior of Null during his instruction of Raven.

The suffix 'Of Null' comes from the old additive that sorcerers are born with a familiar element, as most ancient mages in various media are referred to as 'of soil' 'of the flame' 'of the tide' 'of sky' The assumption is that someone who is 'of null' would have no natural element, and therefore be able to cast nearly any spell regardless of it's elemental alignment.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man 9/24/2009, 4:10 pm

Apparently Beast Boy has money even ROBIN finds impressive. Which I don't think was carried over to the animated series sadly.
Laughing_Man
Laughing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/24/2009, 7:57 pm

Laughing_Man wrote:Apparently Beast Boy has money even ROBIN finds impressive. Which I don't think was carried over to the animated series sadly.
Being the adopted son of Steve Dayton has it's perks, I'd imagine.

I think Steve Dayton is supposed to be something like the fifth or sixth richest man in the DCU.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 9/24/2009, 10:18 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Uhhh WOW

Well if you liked that I have more.

'Trigon's true name is Skath, in that the mark he places on Raven & Slade's forehead is the Mark of Skath. He was originally created as the DC universe's version of Lucifer, in that he is the personification of evil in all it's forms, his realm is actually supposed to be hell, from which several heroes actually owe their origins, including Blue Devil, Kid Devil, and Etrigan the Demon.

Etrigan the Demon, and his alter ego Jason Blood have appeared in both Batman the Animated series, and Justice League unlimited. Jason Blood is an Arthurian Knight who fell in love with Morgan La Faye and betrayed Camelot, and was cursed by Merlin to share his existence with Merlin's then familiar, Etrigan, until the time at which he atoned for his crime IE killed the eternal witch Morgan. Jason Blood is forced to transform into the demon each time he comes in contact with a source of 'evil' Or he can transform himself by reciting a specific poem.

This would mean imply that Jason Blood would be force into being Etrigan were he to come into contact with Raven. Jason Blood is also a friend of Bruce Wane, and both know of each other's secret identities. Jason Blood acts as Batman's regular magical assistant, an in return Bruce loans him a few thousand here and there.

In Dante's Inferno, Dante actually placed Purgatory as the top level of Hell, meaning that Purgatory would actually be within the domain of Skath, Raven's father. Dante described the place as much the same as Earth, where so called 'virtuous pagan's went and spent eternity within the castle of Reason, including such all time hits as Aristotle, Homer, Plato, and more.

But wait there's more.

'Purgatory' also bears an interesting resemblance to the dimension from which the Thanigarian renounced Gods descended in the Justice League Episode "The Terror Beyond" these dark gods bear a significant resemblance to H.P. Lovecraft's 'Deep Ones' who in any iteration of the story are summoned by the dark spell book the Necronomicon. The Necronomicon's counter part, the Rominomicon is among the magic scrolls mentioned by Malchior of Null during his instruction of Raven.

The suffix 'Of Null' comes from the old additive that sorcerers are born with a familiar element, as most ancient mages in various media are referred to as 'of soil' 'of the flame' 'of the tide' 'of sky' The assumption is that someone who is 'of null' would have no natural element, and therefore be able to cast nearly any spell regardless of it's elemental alignment.

Sweet jesus nipples!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next