DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are you a fan of the Teen Titans?

+6
Riaaanna
Azrael
redeagle321
Cylor
Naked Snake
Vandal
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why are you a fan of the Teen Titans? Empty Why are you a fan of the Teen Titans?

Post by Vandal 10/22/2009, 8:25 pm

How did you become a fan of the Teen Titans, and why are you still a fan?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why are you a fan of the Teen Titans? Empty Re: Why are you a fan of the Teen Titans?

Post by Naked Snake 10/22/2009, 10:00 pm

Man, you spelled every word wrong.

It's "Y R U A FNA OB DA TITNAS?????????"
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Why are you a fan of the Teen Titans? Empty Re: Why are you a fan of the Teen Titans?

Post by Vandal 10/22/2009, 11:05 pm

Naked Snake wrote:Man, you spelled every word wrong.

It's "Y R U A FNA OB DA TITNAS?????????"

Right, right, my apologies Razz
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 10/23/2009, 12:03 am

I must confess that I never read the Teen Titans comics back during the comic-collecting period of my yewt; I was more of a Marvel/X-Men fan back then. It was the TV series that got me hooked. And in all honesty, the first time I saw it, back in...hmm, 2003, probably...I hated it. (Let's face it, Divide and Conquer was really not a very strong start.) However, the characters intrigued me, so I stuck with it...and they sucked me in. I fell in love with these characters, who have so much more depth and dimension than I would ever have guessed, and they really made an impression on me...which is why, six years later, I'm still writing stories about them.
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 10/23/2009, 10:51 am

Just to prove how big of a geek I truly am, I had actually read the comics before the start of the show (I was what, 12? maybe 13 when the show started?) and decided to se if it was like the comics. Although the list of things that were changed could span the continent, I found that there were a lot of interesting differences, which made it a bit more standout in my eyes. And thus, I am a fan.
Yes yes, I am a nerd, I know .0.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/23/2009, 1:59 pm

Yeah I'm a lot like Cylor. I didn't know anything about Teen Titans, only that Robin for some reason isn't with Batman. That was never explained but I did love all the characters, they truely hooked me in.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 10/23/2009, 2:44 pm

I think for me it was the Beast Boy/Raven pairing.

Now, I know, it's never a good idea to get involved in something simply due to pairings, but their relationship captivated me and brought me back to watch the show again and again. That's what got me interested; the characters and writing and high quality overall was what kept me coming back.

I started to lose interest with the fifth season. It just wasn't living up to the standard set by The End.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/23/2009, 2:50 pm

The Beast Boy/Raven pairing was the only reason I actually watched the show. I found it trite. Not to mention over-rated.

I'm a big fan of the comics, however, so I'm more "still a fan" of that than anything else.

It just wasn't living up to the standard set by The End.
I honestly don't get why everyone is so enamored with that three parter. I thought it honestly didn't do justice to the buildup. I thought it was easily among the weakest season closers.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 10/24/2009, 12:35 am

Naked Snake wrote:I started to lose interest with the fifth season. It just wasn't living up to the standard set by The End.
I totally agree with that, even though I really don't understand why everyone seems so obsessed with the idea of romantic subplots involving Beast Boy and Raven.
Cylor
Cylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/24/2009, 12:52 am

Well, I never really liked the show at first. I thought it was just a plain old ordinary anime - and I was like.. 9 at that time. But strangely, I was interested in Raven and the show's theme song... But I still didn't like the show. Then, I watched Trouble in Tokyo for the first time last year. The RobStar part really went inside me, and it got me. The movie was the reason I typed "Teen Titans" in the Google search box. From there, I explore the world of Teen Titans, and now, here I am! Smile
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/24/2009, 1:26 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:Well, I never really liked the show at first. I thought it was just a plain old ordinary anime - and I was like.. 9 at that time. But strangely, I was interested in Raven and the show's theme song... But I still didn't like the show. Then, I watched Trouble in Tokyo for the first time last year. The RobStar part really went inside me, and it got me. The movie was the reason I typed "Teen Titans" in the Google search box. From there, I explore the world of Teen Titans, and now, here I am! Smile

Well that's very interesting.. I watched the Titans from the start.. like I didn't know how it would go at all I just saw Robin with a bunch of weirdos.. and like.. yeah..
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/24/2009, 2:04 am

Mercy wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:Well, I never really liked the show at first. I thought it was just a plain old ordinary anime - and I was like.. 9 at that time. But strangely, I was interested in Raven and the show's theme song... But I still didn't like the show. Then, I watched Trouble in Tokyo for the first time last year. The RobStar part really went inside me, and it got me. The movie was the reason I typed "Teen Titans" in the Google search box. From there, I explore the world of Teen Titans, and now, here I am! Smile

Well that's very interesting.. I watched the Titans from the start.. like I didn't know how it would go at all I just saw Robin with a bunch of weirdos.. and like.. yeah..

Hahahahahaha!! A bunch of weirdos..
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/24/2009, 9:28 am

Cylor wrote:I really don't understand why everyone seems so obsessed with the idea of romantic subplots involving Beast Boy and Raven.
For a lot of us, it was the most interesting part of the show. In my case, it was the only reason to even watch. I haven't made it much secret that I simply did not like the show for various reasons.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/24/2009, 11:23 am

Azrael wrote:
Cylor wrote:I really don't understand why everyone seems so obsessed with the idea of romantic subplots involving Beast Boy and Raven.
For a lot of us, it was the most interesting part of the show. In my case, it was the only reason to even watch. I haven't made it much secret that I simply did not like the show for various reasons.

Wow. I never have that much passion for Beast Boy pairings, with Raven or Terra. I only have passion for RobStar. :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 10/24/2009, 7:33 pm

I liked action shows. And anime. And the fact that Robin was in it (a spawn of Batman). Well, it just worked. Plus I absolutly OMFGLOOOOVED RobStar.

...yeah.

It was a late childhood obession of mine. So much so I pretty much ignored any other pairs in the show. Although I won't lie: I liked BB/Terra at first, and was sad when she "died". And then I saw...um...The Beast Within? Yeah. And totally forogt about Terra. Psh!

And then I forgot about it all after it ended, blah blah blah, now read the comics and like the same pairs.

The end.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel1466 10/24/2009, 8:15 pm

The first episode i watched was Date with Destiny four years ago.
and... for some reason I fell in love with the show.
I don't know why but that episode has something special. It was incredible.
And after that day... I could not stop.
I love the Titans, i will love them for ever, I'm so sure!
Rachel1466
Rachel1466

http://rachel1466.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/24/2009, 11:09 pm

Rachel1466 wrote:The first episode i watched was Date with Destiny four years ago.
and... for some reason I fell in love with the show.

Yeah that was an amazing episode!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/24/2009, 11:16 pm

SylverBluTitan wrote:And the fact that Robin was in it (a spawn of Batman).

Ugh! I freaking hate how they completely sidestepped Batman! Yeah they'd have an occational referance but otherwise its like he never existed!
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 10/24/2009, 11:42 pm

Mercy wrote:

Ugh! I freaking hate how they completely sidestepped Batman! Yeah they'd have an occational referance but otherwise its like he never existed!
They really had to do it that way, though...if they'd ever brought Batman in, or even mentioned him directly, he would have overshadowed everything.

Not because these characters are weak by comparison, mind you, but...he's the goddamn Batman, you know?
Cylor
Cylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/24/2009, 11:47 pm

I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think the lack of even a Batman cameo was due largely to the "Bat Embargo" they had running at the time. The same thing kept a lot of Batman characters from being used in JLU as well. Which is a damn shame, really.

A friend of mine once said that the perfect time to insert a Batman cameo and to have it play into the tone of the series was the episode where Robin was away and the other Titans were goofing off with Robins clothes. Something like this:

Batman: Robin, I nee- *see's Titans in Robins clothes*
Titans: ...
Batman: ...

*Batman walks off, an engine whines, we see the Batplane flying away through the windows of the Tower*
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 10/25/2009, 12:05 am

Azrael wrote:I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think the lack of even a Batman cameo was due largely to the "Bat Embargo" they had running at the time.
According to Glen Murakami, it was primarily for the reasons I described in my previous post.

A friend of mine once said that the perfect time to insert a Batman cameo and to have it play into the tone of the series was the episode where Robin was away and the other Titans were goofing off with Robins clothes. Something like this:

*Batman walks off, an engine whines, we see the Batplane flying away through the windows of the Tower*
Yeah, that would have been pretty funny. Laughing If we want to be really technical, they did have two small Batman references/cameos in the series, the first being in Apprentice, Part 2 where Robin tells Slade "I already have a father" and then the camera pans up in a flurry of bats (after which Slade "coincidentally" sends Robin to steal something from Wayne Enterprises), and the second in Haunted where his silhouette can be seen momentarily in the Batcave when Raven is going through Robin's memories.
Cylor
Cylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/25/2009, 2:54 am

Cylor wrote:
Mercy wrote:

They really had to do it that way, though...if they'd ever brought Batman in, or even mentioned him directly, he would have overshadowed everything.

Not because these characters are weak by comparison, mind you, but...he's the goddamn Batman, you know?

Yessshhh. THE GODDAMN BATMAN. What a Face

Yeah. Overshadowing...
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/25/2009, 2:56 am

Azrael wrote:A friend of mine once said that the perfect time to insert a Batman cameo and to have it play into the tone of the series was the episode where Robin was away and the other Titans were goofing off with Robins clothes. Something like this:

:lol!: Like... literally! I laughed out loud LITERALLY. :lol!:
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 10/25/2009, 1:40 pm

Azrael wrote:I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think the lack of even a Batman cameo was due largely to the "Bat Embargo" they had running at the time. The same thing kept a lot of Batman characters from being used in JLU as well. Which is a damn shame, really.

Because DC is anal about what people do with their characters, aren't they. -Sigh- Still, the small indications that Cylor metioned did leave nothing to question. The old Bat sure would have overshadowed everyone, so in a way it's good the way they kept it, even if they couldn't include anything further than implications if they had wanted to.

OMG That would have been PERFECT! LOL

Yessshhh. THE GODDAMN BATMAN.
Sylver agrees wholeheartedly with this statement.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/25/2009, 2:00 pm

Cylor wrote:
Azrael wrote:I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think the lack of even a Batman cameo was due largely to the "Bat Embargo" they had running at the time.
According to Glen Murakami, it was primarily for the reasons I described in my previous post.
Ahh, alright. Understandable.

I do think they could have done it without having Batman overshadow everything. If he showed up or even guest starred in an episode and they played it straight, absolutely. He would have overshadowed the Titans; he's one of the coolest fictional characters in existance and when he shows up, people tend to take notice of him above anything else, no matter how cool the other characters might be. One of the only characters that can share panel space with him and not be overshadowed is Superman; anyone else, it takes immense effort not to have Batman take away from them.

However, I think it would work perfectly if played for laughs. Like the scenario I mentioned. By doing it that way, it would keep the Titans front and center there - they'd be a part of the joke after all - Batman wouldn't overshadow them and it would be a fantastic gag that would fit right in with the spirit of the series. There'd be a cool cameo for the show, the fans would be aflutter because freaking Batman made an appearance, it would have been a good use of the Titans as well and overall would definitely be a memorable moment.

I guess I think they missed a great opportunity for a joke through Batman while hitting the cameo note.

If we want to be really technical, they did have two small Batman references/cameos in the series, the first being in Apprentice, Part 2 where Robin tells Slade "I already have a father" and then the camera pans up in a flurry of bats (after which Slade "coincidentally" sends Robin to steal something from Wayne Enterprises), and the second in Haunted where his silhouette can be seen momentarily in the Batcave when Raven is going through Robin's memories.
Let's not forget "Go!" where there was a teeny tiny reference, when someone tried to ask Robin why he wasn't at Gotham (or something like that) and they were cut off.

I did like tht the show at least acknowledged him in some way. I get the reasons they kept him out for the most part (even if I think it could have easily been done to everyones benefit), but you really can't leave Batman out of it entirely. I mean, without him, there IS no Robin. Look what they tried to do with the [completely ****ing awful] Catwoman movie. They wrote him out and tried to get around him, which ended up failing miserably.

Like... literally! I laughed out loud LITERALLY.
Imagine the laughs they could have gotten if they'd actually gone with something like that? Definitely a missed oppourtunity.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next