DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Go!

+10
Eve
Raevien
SylverBluTitan
TheDeceiverGod
Naked Snake
Azrael
Xenophobic Sponge
Riaaanna
Cylor
Starfire_02
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Teen Titans Go! Empty Teen Titans Go!

Post by Starfire_02 10/24/2009, 12:00 am

Okay.. I have never read the Teen Titans Go! comic books.. and I really want to try. I especially want to read issue # 47 Regarding Robin/One Morning. But the problem is I can't buy the comics and I have NO IDEA where I can read them online. Does someone know where and if I can read them.. issue # 47 in particular..? Please help! Thanks!! :D
Starfire_02
Starfire_02

Back to top Go down

Teen Titans Go! Empty Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Cylor 10/24/2009, 12:28 am

Starfire_02 wrote:Okay.. I have never read the Teen Titans Go! comic books.. and I really want to try. I especially want to read issue # 47 Regarding Robin/One Morning. But the problem is I can't buy the comics and I have NO IDEA where I can read them online. Does someone know where and if I can read them.. issue # 47 in particular..? Please help! Thanks!! :D
You can find the collected volumes for sale on amazon.com, if I'm not mistaken.

I have the first five...they're entertaining in places, and Todd Nauck's art is definitely the best aspect of them...but honestly, I don't consider them canon to the TV series, even though they're supposed to be. There are a lot of contradictions and the writing in the TTG! comics is really dumbed down and over-simplified compared to 95% of the TV series...at least in my opinion.
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/24/2009, 12:55 am

I had a similar problem once. I really craved RobStar fluff at that time and I never read #47 at that time and I felt like I'd die without it. At that time.

But... Message me and I shall give you a solution. Wink
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire_02 10/24/2009, 1:00 am

I dont know I tried amazon but I couldn't find any.. how strange Shocked

ahaha yeah thats exactly how i feel now.. i NEED to read the comics.. and i NEED rob/star fluff!! hahaha yeah and thanks guys!
Starfire_02
Starfire_02

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 10/24/2009, 2:27 am

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/24/2009, 9:25 am

The TTG! comics are hit and miss. There are some winners and some that aren't all that terrific. It's kind of a crapshoot.

The best thing you could probably do is find a place online with a synopsis of all the issues. Pick and choose which stories you're interested in. Then locate a comic shop in your vicinity and check the back issues. You can probably find what you're looking for.

If I remember right, the entire series didn't actually get collected before they stopped anyways. After the show died it wasn't much of a priority.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire_02 10/24/2009, 12:26 pm

thanks guys!
Starfire_02
Starfire_02

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/24/2009, 1:13 pm

Here Starfire_02, this might help a bit.

http://www.comicshoplocator.com/

It helps you locate comic shops nearby. You type your address or your zip code and it will tell you any nearby. A comic shop will be your best bet for getting a hold of back issues of Teen Titans Go! if you want to go that route instead of going with collections.

Since you seem to be interested largely in issues that deal with Robin and Starfire, I could try and find out which ones would be good for you to pick up if you want.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire_02 10/24/2009, 1:31 pm

Yeah could you please do that?
Starfire_02
Starfire_02

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/24/2009, 1:32 pm

Sure thing. Just give me some time to wrangle up some info. I should be able to give you some issues to look for before too long.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire_02 10/24/2009, 2:30 pm

Okay thanks
Starfire_02
Starfire_02

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/24/2009, 5:55 pm

Hmm... I'm having trouble finding anything detailed enough in synopsis to figure out which have these moments. The only ones I know for sure are #4 (a Valentines issue where the other Titans pushed Robin to take Starfire out on a date) and #24 (an issue where they switch powers through some accidental means or another; there was a small moment there that I know of where Robin rescues Star).

This isn't turning out to be as easy as I thought.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/24/2009, 7:06 pm

Azrael wrote:Hmm... I'm having trouble finding anything detailed enough in synopsis to figure out which have these moments. The only ones I know for sure are #4 (a Valentines issue where the other Titans pushed Robin to take Starfire out on a date) and #24 (an issue where they switch powers through some accidental means or another; there was a small moment there that I know of where Robin rescues Star).

Where did you find the synopsis? Because I'd like to see them too XD
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 10/24/2009, 7:10 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Azrael wrote:Hmm... I'm having trouble finding anything detailed enough in synopsis to figure out which have these moments. The only ones I know for sure are #4 (a Valentines issue where the other Titans pushed Robin to take Starfire out on a date) and #24 (an issue where they switch powers through some accidental means or another; there was a small moment there that I know of where Robin rescues Star).

Where indeed.

Razz
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/24/2009, 7:17 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:

Where indeed.

Razz

XD I just woke up and my brain hasn't fully worked. Thanks! Smile
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/24/2009, 7:27 pm

I have all the Teen Titans Go! comics, and I have to admit most of them aren't terribly good, and regarding #47
This face scares me
Teen Titans Go! Creepy11

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 10/24/2009, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/24/2009, 7:28 pm

How is it possible for something to be "terrible good"? XP
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/24/2009, 7:32 pm

Azrael wrote:How is it possible for something to be "terrible good"? XP

Spelling error since corrected.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 10/24/2009, 7:40 pm

Yeah...it's why I traded the few issues I had...

And that face! It scares meh! D8
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 10/24/2009, 8:02 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:I have all the Teen Titans Go! comics, and I have to admit most of them aren't terribly good, and regarding #47
This face scares me
Teen Titans Go! Creepy11

There is no god.

I actually never cared for the art in TTG! on account of the fact that every character looks like their body is made of liquid. The art's just not terribly good. It's as if they sent the preliminary drawings to Picasso and he gave them a once-over.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 10/24/2009, 8:22 pm

From the issues I read, the art really jumped around a lot from issue to issue. I'll assume because they probably had different artists at different times, but I don't remember too well.

I will say though that I agree that while it was kinda cute from time to time, the art direction of the books never really grabbed me either. Like the picture posted above, a lot of times the characters just looked off.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 10/24/2009, 8:23 pm

"Off?" She looks like the motherfrogging Joker.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire_02 10/24/2009, 8:38 pm

Yeah well I still want to read them.. I don't know.. something about the TTG comics looks.. interesting to me.
Starfire_02
Starfire_02

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 10/24/2009, 8:52 pm

Sorry I couldn't give you more issues to look for. I had a hard time finding much info at all. Maybe three or four tidbits outside of Wikipedia.

Naked Snake wrote:I actually never cared for the art in TTG! on account of the fact that every character looks like their body is made of liquid. The art's just not terribly good. It's as if they sent the preliminary drawings to Picasso and he gave them a once-over.
It depends largely on the artist drawing a given issue. Todd Nuack was supposed to be the regular artist, but the title frequently had guest art. When Todd was doing the art, what I've seen of it looked good. But the others could simply never make it work.

The problem is that Todd only did something like twenty to twenty five issues out of the fifty five or so that released, despite being the "regular artist". I don't think he even did any interior art on the last five or six.

Irregardless, I've always preferred Todd's regular comics work instead of the animated series derivative comics.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 10/24/2009, 8:56 pm

TTG's worth the read I'd say. I mean, it certainly won't hurt, and as a little addition to the show it's not too shabby. The art not being the greatest at times hurts it a little, but it doesn't make it unreadable. I say track down your local comic shop and see what you can find in there.

(The art in the Raven mini series from last year or whatever though, now THAT art was bad enough to make a comic unreadable)

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next