DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random News

+29
SnowFallsSlow
ebilcupcake
AkAlina
Charm
Starfire_02
Laughing_Man
Blitzkrieg
Fishing4Infinity
Ghost
archiesangel
TheGoAsk
Music_Hero2779
Tÿ
thewizardofodd12
Terra
Vandal
Naked Snake
TheDeceiverGod
Negromancer
Thecrazykid3649
EllaMila1
redeagle321
Riaaanna
Xenophobic Sponge
Rain
FloatingMagikarp
SylverBluTitan
RustleXer
Azrael
33 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random News - Page 3 Empty Re: Random News

Post by Azrael 11/18/2009, 1:27 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Azrael wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:Well to be fair, if you're going to spotlight a part of Starfire, while she's in that outfit?
This is true. But I point it out only because it's a common theme in his art. Not that it bothers me, really; just saying.
If you ever watched Code Geass they do the same thing, but the thing is, like here, ya don't really notice it if you're really with the story.
Usually I only notice it because some people like to point it out. You know the type. The easily offended whom are angered that folks dare draw good looking characters.

Those type of costumes never made sense to me. I wondered "How is that supposed to be a superhero costume?"
Well, it makes sense for Starfire, at least. She's not really modest and hasn't been able to understand why earth born folk are so uncomfortable with anatomy. Most characters don't really wear outfits as bad as her in the skin department; usually you tend to see their legs and that's pretty much the extent of it.

Hey Starfire & Raven fly around in a skirt and a legless leotard in the show, what does that say?
I once had someone yell at me for pointing that out.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/18/2009, 1:31 am

I suppose it's all for the best though, if they'd left Starfire's costume the same as in the comics, than come Halloween time I'd expect them to get a few angry emails from the parents of pre-teen girls who want to dress up in a 'Starfire' costume for the holidays.

It's a wonder they got away with selling 'Raven' outfits. Though if I recall they used some sort of cheep cloth for the leotard rather than actual... whatever they're made out of, latex?

PS: Y'all wanna take this convo to the chatbox?

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 11/18/2009, 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Script)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/18/2009, 1:34 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:I suppose it's all for the best though, if they'd left Starfire's costume the same as in the comics, than come Halloween time I'd expect them to get a few angry emails from the parents of pre-teen girls who want to dress up in a 'Starfire' costume for the holidays.
Oh, there was no way they would have left it the same. For good reason, really. The Teen Titans series may have attracted folks from all ages, but it was mostly targeting the younger.

Honestly, sometimes I think show Starfires outfit wasn't exactly that modest either.

It's a wonder they got away with selling 'Raven' outfits. Though if I recall they used some sort of cheep cloth for the leotard rather than actual... whatever they're made out of, latex?
I'd say spandex. Standard superhero attire.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/18/2009, 1:37 am

Azrael wrote:
Honestly, sometimes I think show Starfires outfit wasn't exactly that modest either.

TheDeceiverGod wrote:It's a wonder they got away with selling 'Raven' outfits. Though if I recall they used some sort of cheep cloth for the leotard rather than actual... whatever they're made out of, latex?
I'd say spandex. Standard superhero attire.

Is there really a difference between spandex and latex? Other than the allergenic

And I did love that scene in 'Mother Mae Eye' with See-more, proof show-Starfire is more modest. Or at least she is under pie-based-mind control
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/18/2009, 1:38 am

Raven's outfit in the show was basically a one piece bathing suit and a cape, so it wasn't all that bad for them to make Halloween costumes of it.

I'm waiting for the kid's Power Girl costume that comes with two inflatable peach coloured beach balls. That will be the sign of things going too far. XD

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/18/2009, 1:41 am

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:I'm waiting for the kid's Power Girl costume that comes with two inflatable peach coloured beach balls. That will be the sign of things going too far. XD
Screw that. Make it adult sized. Give the outfit to your favorite flatchest friend as a gag gift. Lulz ensue!

Actually, getting beat senseless is a more likely outcome than lulz.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/18/2009, 1:44 am

Azrael wrote:
Xenophobic Sponge wrote:I'm waiting for the kid's Power Girl costume that comes with two inflatable peach coloured beach balls. That will be the sign of things going too far. XD
Screw that. Make it adult sized. Give the outfit to your favorite flatchest friend as a gag gift. Lulz ensue!

Ahh the 'Power' kids, always good for a laugh or two. My girlfriend and I always joke about Desaad snaking while working on Power Boy's brain.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/18/2009, 1:47 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Ahh the 'Power' kids, always good for a laugh or two.
I never feel bad about laughing at Power Girl. The character was literally created as a joke. The creator wanted to increase her breast size with each issue and see how long he could get away with it before someone noticed.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/18/2009, 1:54 am

Azrael wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Ahh the 'Power' kids, always good for a laugh or two.
I never feel bad about laughing at Power Girl. The character was literally created as a joke. The creator wanted to increase her breast size with each issue and see how long he could get away with it before someone noticed.

Now there's a man who's getting tired of drawing the same characters over and over and over again.
Or just a man with a good sense of humor.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/18/2009, 1:59 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Or just a man with a good sense of humor.
This one. Gerry Conway created her (along with a couple other folks). He seems to have a good sense of humor.

On top of being a complete legend in the comics business. He's only just recently returned too.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/18/2009, 2:03 am

It'll be a sad day when the last of the old guard dies off. Not to get ahead of ourselves but the truly legendary comic artists have got to be getting up there in the years, and true you can do comics till you've got one foot in the grave, but still, I don't see a new guard exactly leaping up to replace them.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/18/2009, 2:07 am

Well, some haven't made it yet, but I do think that there are interesting prospects for the future. It's really a matter of how it all pans out.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 11/18/2009, 2:10 am

Azrael wrote:Well, some haven't made it yet, but I do think that there are interesting prospects for the future. It's really a matter of how it all pans out.

Which never seems to be well.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 11/18/2009, 4:18 am

So Az, where did you get those comics? I know it's from IGN, but where do you go from there?
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Negromancer 11/18/2009, 9:48 am

Supreme Court: Death Penalty Is 'Totally Badass'
Despite arguments against capital punishment, the Justices overwhelmingly approved its use, especially if they get to participate in some executions.
Negromancer
Negromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/18/2009, 11:41 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:So Az, where did you get those comics? I know it's from IGN, but where do you go from there?
You've got to buy them then. The week of a comics release, DC and Marvel often release previews of comics (anywhere from four to six pages) online. It's a good way to check out a comic before you buy it.

I'm primarily a trade kind of guy (a trade paperback is collection of comic issues bound together kind of like a regular book might be, in case you didn't know). So I'm always reading previews, interviews, reviews and stuff to know what looks interesting. Then later I might pick it up in trade.

Sometimes friends post a couple pages from an issue, but posting an entire issue is generally a big no-no in comics fandom for good reason. So sometimes I post scans from later in an issue here; it's kind of rare and depends if it's anything I think anybody here might find interesting.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 11/18/2009, 9:29 pm

Azrael wrote:I never feel bad about laughing at Power Girl. The character was literally created as a joke. The creator wanted to increase her breast size with each issue and see how long he could get away with it before someone noticed.
Now that made me laugh.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 11/18/2009, 10:11 pm

In other news, New Moon sucks according to Rottontomatoes, critical reception and IMDB users.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/18/2009, 10:22 pm

Naked Snake wrote:In other news, New Moon sucks according to Rottontomatoes, critical reception and IMDB users.
That films out already?
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 11/18/2009, 10:31 pm

Azrael wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:In other news, New Moon sucks according to Rottontomatoes, critical reception and IMDB users.
That films out already?

Who cares that much about it? It sucks and thats all that matters.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 11/18/2009, 10:31 pm

Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:
That films out already?

Yes, it does suck. And I, being Snake, will celebrate its suckiness. Because that's just how I am. :D
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 11/18/2009, 10:32 pm

Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:
That films out already?

Trust me, I could give two s***s about Twilight.

I'm just surprised that the second would release less than a year after the last one.

This ain't Saw; it's Stephanie Meyers Vampire Wet Dream*.

*Term coined by Snake and is subject to copyright.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 11/18/2009, 10:34 pm

...It's out already? What?

I'm out of the loop.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 11/18/2009, 10:45 pm

Oh, Batman. Is there anything you can't do?
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenophobic Sponge 11/18/2009, 10:49 pm

New Moon is a two hour long car commercial. Of course it's crap.

Xenophobic Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next