DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bad Comics Thread

2 posters

Go down

The Bad Comics Thread Empty The Bad Comics Thread

Post by Dracula Marth 6/24/2011, 7:46 pm

You may be surprised that I have a fairly large collection of comics. Now, one place I often go to has special packs where you get 10 comics for about $5. They are mostly from the late 80s and early 90s (Aka The Dark Age of Comics), so naturally, along the way, I have found some atrocious comics. Here's some of the wackier ones

Perg: Created by "Lightning Comics", Perg was a druggie from 19th century Chicago who was stoned to death (No pun intended, I hope). But he was undead because God and Satan had an argument or something, so he comes back from the dead. His power is to rid people of evil... by stabbing them in the face. I kid you not. Also, he grieves over his dead girlfriend, who happens to look like a side character who is investigating the Perg incidents

Bloodstrike: A creation of the infamous Rob Liefeld, Bloodstrike follows 5 zombies who work for the government. One of them looks like Cable, one of them looks like Wolverine, one pilots a robot, one of them is female Goro from Mortal Kombat, and one of them can paralyze people by touching them. They often spend their time scaring the hell out of civilians. Also, the Wolverine ripoff is a villain in another comic

Outbreed 999: A generally unpleasant convict is experimented on, so he has the power to have freaky tentacle things shoot from his arm. He tries to find his wife while being chased by the police.

and the worst one is...

Zwanna Son of Zulu: This is a one issue wonder. In it, an African prince goes to America to go to college. But along the way, he has to deal with the fact that every white person inexplicably hates him. His main villains are 4 gay crossdressers who steal people's land. He fights with a spear and vines, so whether you're black or white, it's offensive. The author was arrested for (and I am not joking) dressing in a loincloth and climbing the Atlanta State Building.

What bad comics have you read?

Dracula Marth

Back to top Go down

The Bad Comics Thread Empty Re: The Bad Comics Thread

Post by Vandal 6/25/2011, 3:21 am

I never purchase a comic I haven't researched. Mainly because I usually buy Batman Graphic Novels.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down