DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gotham City's Midnight Riders (BEGUN)

+10
Rinisa
Rain
Terra
Starfire_02
Vandal
Fishing4Infinity
Ghost
redeagle321
Charm
The White Wolf
14 posters

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

Gotham City's Midnight Riders (BEGUN) - Page 21 Empty Re: Gotham City's Midnight Riders (BEGUN)

Post by Vandal 2/6/2010, 8:56 pm

Mercy walked up to fork in the road. "If you were the Joker," Mercy said turning around to Aurora, Karmy, and Carafrost. "where would you be?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gotham City's Midnight Riders (BEGUN) - Page 21 Empty Re: Gotham City's Midnight Riders (BEGUN)

Post by redeagle321 2/6/2010, 8:57 pm

Casius slided up next to Lupe. "So, he's inside?" He asked, griping his cannon anxiously. He kne wit was no good against him, but holding a really big gun just made him feel less nervous.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm 2/6/2010, 8:59 pm

"You... how did you?" Ben stuttered. He took a few steps back, as though he were seeing a ghost. "How did I survive the burning building?" Scarlet asked, glaring quickly at Ben, then looking away. She sighed, then smiled. Slowly Scarlet walked over to the side of the room and sat down on one of the boxes. She closed her hazel eyes, chuckling to herself. "I suppose I should have known..." she said to herself in but a whisper, "you were always a very dark-hearted child." Scarlet crossed her arms, looking back up at Ben.

The tension in the room was enormous, and the silence did not help. Slowly Ben's look of shock changed to a look of pure hatred. "Why... wont... you... DIE!!!" he screamed, shooting a huge bolt of electricity at her that could easily fry a person in a second. The bolt simply went into Scarlet, and was no more. She giggled lightly, then covered her mouth with one hand as she yawned. "Benjamin..." she said tauntingly, looking him in the eyes, "You know better than that," and with that she stood up and walked over to him. She delicately set her hand on his shoulder, a wedding ring still on her finger. She leaned over, and lightly kissed Ben on the cheek. "Mommy's home," she whispered with a slight smile.

Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 2/6/2010, 9:03 pm

Ivy just stood and watched this love fest. Scarlet's motive and intended actions still eluded her mind. She was deep and thought, and completely mystified by what was occurring. The girl stayed silently in the background.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 2/6/2010, 9:06 pm

"Hmmmm." Karmy said thinking and tapping her chin. "Joker likes to laugh alot right? I know I do!" and she began laughing hysterically. She stopped and looked up at the others, who gave her funny looks. "I bet he's somewhere like in some old run down happy place."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 2/6/2010, 9:06 pm

Casius had about as much waiting as he could take. He didn't even bother to knock- he charged right through the door breaking it apart, the largest part barely missing Ivy. "I'm gonna make this easy- give her back, and you keep MOST of your body parts." Casius spat venemously at Ben, poping his neck in anticipation, his hands in tight fists.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 2/6/2010, 9:10 pm

"Run down?" Mercy asked. "I know of happy places, not of any that are run down at the moment. You mean like the that old prank store that was abandoned decades ago?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm 2/6/2010, 9:15 pm

The anger on Ben's face was evident.He always felt that by surpassing one's parents you could reach higher power, but he could never surpass his mother. He tried stabbing her, but she somehow knew exactly where to move to dodge it, and effortlessly knocked the knife from his hand. He tried drugging her, but she somehow knew which drink to avoid. He even confessed his hatred to her, but each time she would simply give him a hug, kiss his cheek, and tell him that it's all right, and "Mommy's here". No matter how much power he gained, he could not kill her-- the one person whose death he desired most of all. Because of her he always felt powerless. That was, of course, until the fateful day when he burned down their house while she slept. It was reported that everything inside was burned, and her body was never found. Finally pleased, Ben ended up moving to Gotham City to escape his old life, and start fresh without reminders of the one woman who had the power to stop him, yet at the same time was the only one to ever love him.

As she stood there now next to him, Ben felt confused once again. This woman he detested, whom he despised beyond all measure. This woman whom he had tried to kill countless times, yet still told him she loved him each time. This woman who made him feel as weak as an infant with her flawless technique and effortless defense. Now here she was once again. As her hand rested on his shoulder, he noticed the ring on her finger. "So, you still wear it in memory of that weak fool?" he asked in a taunting voice, his eyes flashing with electricity.

"Yes, Benjamin, I do," replied Scarlet in such as way that one would almost guess she had prepared that line. The room was silent for a moment longer, then Ben sneered. "It figures you wouldn't die so easily... you always manged to escape..." and with that Ben swung his hand at her to slap her face. Scarlet effortlessly moved her head so that Ben's hand missed by barely a centimeter. "So..." he added, "You are still as quick as ever." and with that he pushed her hand off his shoulder, taking a few steps back.

Scarlet stepped towards him again, and took his hands into her own. "I still love you, Benjamin... I always will" she said, a faint tear running down her cheek and falling to the ground. Suddenly the door flew open, revealing Casius. Casius yelled some threats at Ben, but Scarlet did not let go of Ben's hand.

Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 2/6/2010, 9:28 pm

Ivy watched, more confused than ever. How could he attempt to murder his mother? How could he call his father a weak fool? She would do anything to bring her parents back and this idiot had killed his own. WHY?

"Charge," She began in a shaky voice, "You're a complete idiot. My parents..my parents are dead...and I would do anything, ANYTHING, to bring them back. And you tried to kill your own mother?"
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The White Wolf 2/6/2010, 9:30 pm

"WAIT CASIUS YOU CANT JUST....!" I groaned loudly. "spying mission my furry white ass" i muttered to myself. I ran in after him. Signaling luna to fallow.
The White Wolf
The White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm 2/6/2010, 9:32 pm

Ben ignored Casius, turning towards Ivy. "Parents are only there to surpass-- you are lucky that yours are so easily killed. How did you kill them, anyhow? Perhaps one of your techniques will work on my mother..." he said, glaring over at Scarlet. Scarlet sighed, kissed Ben on the cheek once more, then walked over to Casius who was confused but furious at the same time. "Hello, dear," she said as she put a hand on Casius' shoulder, "Who is it you are looking for?" she asked smoothly as she used her other hand to gently fix her auburn hair.

Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by The White Wolf 2/6/2010, 9:40 pm

"want me to punch him for you?" i asked Casius feeling a strong urge to.
The White Wolf
The White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 2/6/2010, 9:44 pm

Ivy glared at Charge. "They were murdered you sick bastard."
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm 2/6/2010, 9:54 pm

"Oh, you lucky girl" Ben said with a chuckle. He finally looked at Casius. "If you dare lay a finger on me you will find your daughter beyond hope." Scarlet glared at Ben for a moment, then sighed. She walked back over to Ben, putting her hand on his shoulder. "Benjamin..." she said sweetly, yet with a hint of hurt in her voice, "Why did you do this? You have always been such a gifted little boy, and I was always proud of you. I had hoped you would grow out of this phase, though..." and with that Scarlet closed her eyes, another tear gently sliding down her cheek.

"Oh F*** off!" Ben yelled, pushing her hands away. "You were NEVER proud of me-- you thought I was weak!!" he yelled, practically sobbing. Scarlet remained calm, showing no expression on her face. "No, Benjamin..." she said, almost whispering, "I always loved you, and will always love you." She paused for a moment, then chuckled to herself. "It is a mother's curse, to love your children and blame yourself for what they do..." and with that Scarlet walked back over to the box and sat down. Ben was red with anger, and his hands lit up with electricity. "Why!?!?" he screamed, "WHY are you doing this?! Why wont you fight me!?" Ben shot more bolts of energy at Scarlet, but she simply absorbed each blow effortlessly. "AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!?!?" Ben screamed, tears falling from his face.

Scarlet looked away, inhaling deeply, then slowly exhaling. She folded her hands, and looked back up at Ben. "Benjamin," she said softly, "You will always be my little sunshine, and I will always care for you. Why is it your ability to create light has not manifested? Is your heart so darkened that you cannot even reach your full potential?" As Scarlet spoke, a tear fell from her face. Ben panted, his anger festering inside him. He screamed again, shooting more bolts of electricity at Scarlet. With each bolt the same thing occured, until Ben was panting from exhaustion, glaring at his mother. Scarlet sighed, then looked away.

Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 2/6/2010, 10:15 pm

Ivy watched in utter shock. When Charge hurled more electricity, Scarlet absorbed it. Completely harmless to her. Finally, Ivy couldn't take it. She leapt in the way, and caught the electricity.

It crackled in her hand, a ball of yellow energy. Tears trailing down her face, she kept her head down, looking at the orb. "You're trying to kill your mother. Your mother is irreplaceable. You'll never find another person who will love you like here. Somebody who loves you just because. Somebody who doesn't need a reason to care about you." She was sobbing now. "I've lost that one person. You still have her, and you're trying to lose her. Do you not want..to be loved?"
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The White Wolf 2/6/2010, 10:18 pm

I walked up to Casius and put my paw on his shoulder. "His mom may have it covered. Maybe we should hold back for now..." Even when i said it i still wanted him dead but sometimes its not for the best. "Focus on getting your daughter i'll tay with ben just in case."
The White Wolf
The White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm 2/6/2010, 10:21 pm

Ben was filled with confusion, rage, and sorrow. "I DON'T KNOW!!!!" he screamed, releasing bolts of lightning in all directions. Finally he collapsed to the floor, sobbing. Scarlet stood, and nodded her thanks to Ivy. She then walked over to Ben, squatted down, and put her hand on him. "Benjamin..." she said softly, "love is not weakness, but it is trust-- trusting in the one you care about. Trusting that they wont hurt you in return..." and with that Scarlet began to cry softly. "Trusting that... that the one you care about most in the world wont hate you forever..." she continued, her voice growing weak as she continued to cry. Slowly she leaned over, and kissed Ben on the cheek. "ssshhh," she cooed as she held him close, "Mommy's here...." The words she said to him all those years, finally taking effect.

Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 2/6/2010, 10:27 pm

Ivy watched the loving exchange, and couldn't help but think of her own mother.

Her mother, who she so firmly believed was reincarnated. She hadn't seen her mother's reincarnation in forever. Could she be gone again, this time forever? Her eyes danced over Scarlet and Charge. Now, right now, wasn't the best time for her to be considering such things. Thats what her mind was saying, but her mind couldn't stop her heart's tears from flowing.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm 2/6/2010, 10:34 pm

Ben sat up, still sniffling. Scarlet gently hugged him, and he cried on her shoulder. It was such a strange sight, a once-psychopathic murderer now weeping in his mother's arms. "Benjamin...?" she asked softly, gently rubbing his back, "Please, sweetie, tell me where she is." Ben knew she was referring to Sarah, or X2 as he now called her. He sniffled a moment, then spoke. "She...she's in my lab... mother I've done so many awful things," he said, bursting into tears again. "I know, I know Benjamin..." she replied, gently rocking back and forth as she had done when he was little. "We will make things better, I promise" she said to him, and he continued to cry. After a while, Ben stood up and wiped his tears. He then helped his mother up, and hugged her once more. Before she let go of the hug, she kissed him on the cheek. "Mommy's here..." she promised, then smiled at him.

Turning to Casius, Ben looked down in shame. "She's.. at my second lab..." he said quietly. "I can make everyone better, I promise. My nanobots aren't removing their free will, simply isolating it from the rest of the cerebrum to keep them under my control. I can easily reverse the system and remove the nanobots." he promised, walking up to Casius. "I'm... I'm sorry" he finally said, looking Casius in the eyes.

Last edited by Charm on 2/6/2010, 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 2/6/2010, 10:37 pm

The orb of electricity faded, and Ivy stuffed her hands in her pockets. He was apologizing. For what he had done. It felt good to know he regretted some things he had done, but that couldn't undo it.

Matt....
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 2/6/2010, 10:48 pm

(yeah I'm totally gonna fight him still... Not gonna win but it should be fun)
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 2/6/2010, 10:59 pm

Casius ignored Ben's apology. For what he had done, that would take a long, long time to come out. "Take me to her." Was all Casius could say. He was confused, torn between asking what had just gone down and simply breaking Ben's neck there and then. However, he held back the urge. He only wanted his daughter back.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The White Wolf 2/6/2010, 11:15 pm

I glared down upon Ben. I couldn't help but to see me in his standings. It made me sick to my stomach but i'm glad he's well not a killer. Now i know how it is to see a killer so confused so innocent. It was hard for me as for Ben. I avoided his gaze standing next to Casius. I muttered softly to myself.
The White Wolf
The White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost 2/7/2010, 4:20 am

(I don't sign on for one day.. n I get completely lost O.o lol what's goin' on? N Red, if I'm not online, could you jus control Ghost? That'd be greatly appreciated.. If not, no worries)
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire_02 2/7/2010, 4:26 am

Ghost wrote:(I don't sign on for one day.. n I get completely lost O.o lol what's goin' on? N Red, if I'm not online, could you jus control Ghost? That'd be greatly appreciated.. If not, no worries)

(Yeah, I know how you feel :-/)
Starfire_02
Starfire_02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next