DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major DC Comics Shakeup

+3
~Angel~
Riaaanna
Azrael
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Major DC Comics Shakeup - Page 2 Empty Re: Major DC Comics Shakeup

Post by Azrael 9/10/2009, 11:26 pm

Cylor wrote:You miss my point about Dick becoming Batman; it isn't just about there being no one else who's qualified to put on the mask...it's that someone else needs to put on the mask, because Bruce is...where, again?
He was hit by Darkseids Omega Sanction. Or as Darkseid calls it, "the life that is death". This is one of those concepts that rise from Jack Kirby - the living legend - and all the stuff he did with the Fourth Wall stuff. Kirby had a lot of wild ideas, which Grant Morrison drew upon for Final Crisis, which is where Batman "died".

The Omega Sanction is basically a trap. It can send the recipient through infinite series of parallel lives that break them down until they just die. Some can escape it, however; Mister Miracle, for example, who has a habit of escaping just about everything. It may be able to transport across time as well.

We don't really know right now. Grant Morrison plans to get around to that stuff at some point, but right now he's focusing on Dick as Batman. And introducing new villains like Professor Pyg and the Circus of Strange. In truth, where Bruce is right now doesn't really matter right now; all that's needed to know is that he's MIA and there's a new Batman.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Major DC Comics Shakeup - Page 2 Empty Well

Post by StarxRob4ever 9/11/2009, 6:33 pm

Then facts are the facts..... BUT WE CAN STILL HANG OUT HERE! Or maybe another channel will se the show and wist to air it (?) The question mark means we might never know what the future will hold...
So how is everybody? :D
StarxRob4ever
StarxRob4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by SylverBluTitan 9/11/2009, 6:46 pm

RobxStar4ever wrote:Then facts are the facts..... BUT WE CAN STILL HANG OUT HERE! Or maybe another channel will se the show and wist to air it (?) The question mark means we might never know what the future will hold...

How about we start making our own season 6s with comics and writing, as someone suggested instead of waiting for people who or more than likely focusing on other things.
SylverBluTitan
SylverBluTitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/11/2009, 10:49 pm

RobxStar4ever wrote:Then facts are the facts..... BUT WE CAN STILL HANG OUT HERE! Or maybe another channel will se the show and wist to air it (?) The question mark means we might never know what the future will hold...

Oh yes. And maybe Will Smith will return to relaunch The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/11/2009, 10:54 pm

Naked Snake wrote:

Oh yes. And maybe Will Smith will return to relaunch The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
I love that show, but if I heard that I'd feel as though I were in the Twilight Zone.

Not to mention that show went on one season too long as it was. It should have just ended with him marrying Lisa at the end of the fifth season. Screwing over that wedding and ending wasn't worth it; the sixth season was just lackluster at best, so it was a total waste.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Major DC Comics Shakeup - Page 2 Empty Yes

Post by StarxRob4ever 9/12/2009, 10:57 am

Anything is really fine with me, as long as we keep trying...
StarxRob4ever
StarxRob4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 9/13/2009, 3:07 am

SylverBluTitan wrote:How about we start making our own season 6s with comics and writing, as someone suggested instead of waiting for people who or more than likely focusing on other things.
Many people already have...for example my current "big" Titans story, Family, is set immediately after Trouble in Tokyo...end cheap plug. Razz But you get the idea.

This is seriously a good direction to think in, however. Has anyone here ever thought about starting a web comic, or even a Flash animation? Rianna's already been in contact with most of the show's main voice cast, if I'm not mistaken...perhaps some of them might even be interested in contributing to such a thing, if it got off the ground? I know of similar things that have happened in the past.
Cylor
Cylor

http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/13/2009, 3:43 am

Cylor wrote:
SylverBluTitan wrote:How about we start making our own season 6s with comics and writing, as someone suggested instead of waiting for people who or more than likely focusing on other things.
Many people already have...for example my current "big" Titans story, Family, is set immediately after Trouble in Tokyo...end cheap plug. Razz But you get the idea.

This is seriously a good direction to think in, however. Has anyone here ever thought about starting a web comic, or even a Flash animation? Rianna's already been in contact with most of the show's main voice cast, if I'm not mistaken...perhaps some of them might even be interested in contributing to such a thing, if it got off the ground? I know of similar things that have happened in the past.

True. Most of us had done it. But maybe we can put them all together into one, into something big... Although I'm unsure of what that big thing is going to be XD
So... You're suggesting that maybe the voice actors and crew that we've contacted might want to contribute, if we invite them? Do you think they want to do it?
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/13/2009, 4:03 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:So... You're suggesting that maybe the voice actors and crew that we've contacted might want to contribute, if we invite them? Do you think they want to do it?
I suppose there wouldn't be any harm in giving it a shot, I'd just warn you not to get your hopes up. Also, it would be a good idea to have something to show before you try; literally polish and shine the very best pitches to a sheen and get them prepped before you try any contacting. Show you're serious about the fan project and all that.

You'd need to impress them and you'd only get one shot.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/13/2009, 4:07 am

Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:So... You're suggesting that maybe the voice actors and crew that we've contacted might want to contribute, if we invite them? Do you think they want to do it?
I suppose there wouldn't be any harm in giving it a shot, I'd just warn you not to get your hopes up. Also, it would be a good idea to have something to show before you try; literally polish and shine the very best pitches to a sheen and get them prepped before you try any contacting. Show you're serious about the fan project and all that.

True. We'll have to make something that's good enough for them to be impressed. But what would it be? Fanfiction or fanart isn't enough, I suppose, because there are LOTS of those around the internet. We need to make something REALLY special.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 9/13/2009, 5:07 am

Azrael wrote:

Yeah, what he said. I've seen examples of voice actors who got involved with web-based or unofficial spin-offs; such as Gotham Girls (which I guess is semi-official) or EVA-R (which is an entirely fan-made production).

However, the fact that you've already been in contact with several of them certainly doesn't hurt your chances; I can tell you that from experience. Wink
Cylor
Cylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/13/2009, 5:39 am

Cylor wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Yeah, what he said. I've seen examples of voice actors who got involved with web-based or unofficial spin-offs; such as Gotham Girls (which I guess is semi-official) or EVA-R (which is an entirely fan-made production).

However, the fact that you've already been in contact with several of them certainly doesn't hurt your chances; I can tell you that from experience. Wink

Awesome! I'll try to talk to them about this (...after my mom pays the internet bill, lol). We can all make a whole new crew for our own fan made TT. This will be done after the poll is closed.

Cylor, have you voted?
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 9/13/2009, 6:39 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:Awesome! I'll try to talk to them about this (...after my mom pays the internet bill, lol). We can all make a whole new crew for our own fan made TT. This will be done after the poll is closed.

Cylor, have you voted?
What poll...?

Also, I agree with Azrael that it would be a good idea to have something more concrete to pitch before you actually mention it to anyone. I'm sure they'll remember you... Wink
Cylor
Cylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/13/2009, 7:10 am

Cylor wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:Awesome! I'll try to talk to them about this (...after my mom pays the internet bill, lol). We can all make a whole new crew for our own fan made TT. This will be done after the poll is closed.

Cylor, have you voted?
What poll...?

Also, I agree with Azrael that it would be a good idea to have something more concrete to pitch before you actually mention it to anyone. I'm sure they'll remember you... Wink

https://titans.4umer.com/project-decsions-f15/what-do-we-do-next-t255.htm

THAT poll. Smile And yeah, of course they remember me! Hynden messaged me about the rumor in the first place, and we had a discussion bout it. Same thing with Khary and Sam. But to contact Tara Strong, crazykid is the person to do it.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 9/13/2009, 8:05 am

On a vaguely related topic, it's worth noting that Brianne Drouhard still draws the Titans characters from time to time.
Cylor
Cylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/13/2009, 9:04 am

Cylor wrote:On a vaguely related topic, it's worth noting that Brianne Drouhard still draws the Titans characters from time to time.

DUDE she's on DeviantArt! O.o :lol!:
Heh... She's on Facebook, too. I just thought that we won't get any good information from her since she's only an artist, not having anything to do with the show's production...

Oh. Stupid me. We're talkin bout our own TT stuff, huh? Razz sorry. I forgot XD and since I'm on my phone I'm too lazy to move the cursor and press and hold the "clear" button... XD
So.. Did you vote? :D
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylor 9/13/2009, 12:14 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:So.. Did you vote? :D
Me? Yes.
Cylor
Cylor

Back to top Go down