DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Form Teen Titans Role Play Bonanza (Begun!)

+9
Tÿ
Vandal
Thecrazykid3649
EllaMila1
Riaaanna
Raevien
redeagle321
~Angel~
TheDeceiverGod
13 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

Free Form Teen Titans Role Play Bonanza (Begun!) Empty Free Form Teen Titans Role Play Bonanza (Begun!)

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/24/2009, 3:20 am

Hello ladies, gentlemen & neuter. I am The Deceiver God, and I will be acting as the Gamemaster of this role play. For those of you unaware of what that entails please follow the link provided. This is intended to be a Play-by-post Role Play and as such it will have several rules of engagement provided below within the spoiler tag.

Spoiler:

I expect everyone to maintain a civil attitude, even those of you playing villains will be expected to remember the moment this game stops being fun for anyone is the moment I have to start busting heads, and to put it simply I am not a merciful god. You will behave or else.

That being said one important element of any role play is the Character Sheet, and while this is more important for fan characters, it is equally important for cannon characters. You might ask why, but then simply ask yourself what the purpose of a Character Sheet is? Clearly you know everything there is to know about your character. The point of a character sheet is to let the other players know about your character. Which does mean that I would hope each player would read the others' character sheets. This is again, less important for those playing cannon characters, but I will again be expecting cannon characters to create Sheets, and for that reason I have created this Character Sheet Prototype, contained in the spoiler tag below. The one attached to our profiles is good, but I have a few improvements to be made.

Code:
[u][b]Title[/u][/b]
[b]Name-[/b]
[b]Age-[/b]
[b]Alias-[/b](optional)

[b][u]Appearance[/u][/b]
[b]Hair-[/b]
[b]Height-[/b]
[b]Weight-[/b]
[b]Dress[/b]
[b]Formal-[/b](optional)
[b]Casual-[/b](optional)
[b]Eyes-[/b]
[b]Skin-[/b]
[b]General-[/b]

[b][u]Abilities [/b][/u]

[b]Physical abilities[/b]

[b]Mental abilities [/b]

[b]Metaphysical abilities [/b]

[b]Weapons/Techniques-[/b]
[b]Name-[/b]

[b][u]Weaknesses[/b][/u]

[b][u]Strengths[/u][/b]

[b]Likes-[/b]
[b]Dislikes-[/b]

[b][u]History/Origins[/b][/u]

However while it is important to disclose everything about your character, primarily so that the other players might know things without having to actually ask you or your character, and it is a smart thing to do to read the other player's character sheets. It is paramount that we all keep in mind not simply what We know about each others' characters, but what Our Characters know about each others' characters. The point of reading the other character's sheets is so that if say, Robin were to perform some tests on someone while they were unconscious or indisposed Robin's player would know the results without having to ask the indisposed character's player. This just speeds things along, and allows us all to put more into our posts.

And speaking of the posts. As I said before There Is No Main Character, however this does not mean that things cannot be oriented toward a specific character. For example I would like to cite the Beast Boy Raven scene at the end of The Beast Within, while Raven doesn't say much and the scene is largely oriented toward Beast Boy, she still gets some choice lines in. It is the responsibility of the Players to recognize such situations and make the best of them, however, you should not attempt to force another player into such a situation because you feel that your character deserves/needs one. It is far better if such things happen organically, but again, in order for such things to happen organically each player must be able to give & take. This is how the game goes, one character gives a little another character takes a little, then they go round again and again and again. If one character attempts to 'hog the spot light' than no one will get to have any fun because, in my experience, no one likes a character who's player 'hogs the light' however if you let things progress, if you're in it for the long hall, eventually your character will get the praise they 'rightly' deserve.

You have to let the relationships of this game develop just like real relationships, otherwise it's just no fun. And that's no fun.

I would like however to request that we wait to have at least the founding five Titans, and at least one villain, taken before I allow Fan characters in. Simply to have it so that the Titans, who are the characters we all fell in love with, will be making appearances in their own Role Play.

Titans West

• Robin: Mercy
  • Cyborg: Thecrazykid3649
  • Beast Boy: TeenTitan-X
  • Raven: Shadow_Of_Darkness
  • Starfire: Starfire02

Titans East

• Bumble Bee: Rianna Lauren
  • Aqualad: Raevien
  • Tram:
  • Speedy: Raevien
  • Mas y Menos: Ty
    Freelance Titans

• Jinx: prettycarolina21
  • Kid Flash:
  • Herald:
  • Bushido:
  • Red Star:
  • Thunder:
  • Lightning:
  • Hot Spot:
  • Wildebeast:
  • Argent:
  • Jericho:
  • Terra: Terra

Rogues

• Deathstroke/Slade: redeagle321
  • Madam Rouge:
  • Mala:
  • The Brain:
  • Brother Blood:
  • Gizmo:
  • Mammoth:
  • See-more:
  • Kyd Wykkyd:
  • Billy Numerous:
  • Control Freak:
  • Black Fire: EllaMila1
  • Mad Mod:
  • Doctor Light:
  • Overload:GM
  • Cinderblock:GM
  • Plasmus:GM
  • Red X: Ghost

All unclaimed character will be by default under the control of the GM, any players acquiring characters after they have been in play under GM control will be required to abide by the characters' prior GM controlled actions. IE: If no one has ____ and ____ is needed for any reason GM gets to play _____, then if someone wants to play _____ they're required to accept that the GM's actions happened.

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 12/7/2009, 3:49 am; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : Character update)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Free Form Teen Titans Role Play Bonanza (Begun!) Empty Resources

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/24/2009, 3:28 am

As the Gamemaster. I have taken the liberty to craft a few choice resources to insure that everything gets off on the right.
The first of which is a Map Of Jump City. I personally drew this up a few days ago now, and if there's anything you'd like added to it simply send me a personal message containing the location and subject you'd like to be added and I'll see about putting you on the map.

The second of which is a Character Sheet Example. Which will be posted as it's own reply, possibly two, It is quiet massive. However I would like to stress that all character sheets Should Not be this massive this is a way overloaded sheet for a completely developed character. This is just to show what a sheet should look like after it's been given Years of loving attention.

The third of which is a website. The DC Comics Database has an exorbitant amount of information regarding the Titans, their world, and various other things within the DC Comics' universe. I personally used it to craft the Character Sheet Example, and for Cannon Characters there is no better resource, though do trim it down a little. As I said the Example Character Sheet is way over loaded. I would recommend that for Fan Characters you look up a few of the characters on the Database, just for reference, terminology etc.

Rianna Lauren was also kind enough to provide http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/00rollcall.html as an additional resource for the completion of character sheets. To be perfectly honest I think you could probably find any information on the above on the DC Comics Database. But having the same information referenced from multiple sources isn't really a bad thing.

The Deceiver God's Special One Time Forum Coding Tutorial

Now I am certain many of you have noticed that throughout various parts of this, including the character sheet skeleton, I have used forum coding. Now it has come to my attention that many of the fine minds here are less that well versed in the utilization of this relatively simple application of Html code, and so for that reason I have decided to offer a brief tutorial in it's use.

In this tutorial I will show you how to use Italics, Bold, Underline, Strike-throughs, Hard Line Breaks (featured above), URL embedding, and URL inserting, as well as the basic uses of the Code Box, and the Spoiler Tag. I will not be demonstrating how to insert images, because we will not be doing that in this role play. Now I ask you to turn your attention to the Code Box bellow.

Code:
Now this is a Code Box, it can be activate with the opening tag and the corresponding closing tag. The purpose of a code box is to allow others to view the coding used to bring about a certain result. You may have noticed that the Code Box featuring the Character Profile Skeleton reveals the various tags used in the creation of the Skeleton. Again this is the purpose of a Code Box.

However we are getting ahead of ourselves, let me first talk about Tags. 'A Tag' is the name used to refer to anything contained within [ ] in order to bring about a certain result. Different tags can be used for the same result on different forums so it is always best to check and see which tag the forum you are currently posing on uses for what result. However there are various standard tags which will be the same for most forums regardless.

These tags are the bold tag [b] the italic tag [i] and the underline tag [u]

These are also the tags which are used most often, and so their tag is fairly short, one letter. However it is important to remember that no coding effect will take place unless you have a closing tag as well. Not all tags require a close, however most of them, and all of the common tags mentioned above do. A Closing Tag is represented by a / within the tag, for example the closing tag for bold is [/b], the closing italic tag is [/i] and the closing underline is [/u]. These, and other tags require closing tags before they take effect, and any tag with a closing tag, will only effect the text contained between the opening tag [ ] and the closing tag [/u]

So for example if you were to type "[b][/b]Slade", nothing would happen, because though you do have an open and closing tag, you have nothing contained between the two, so the bold effect is begun and ended before the word 'Slade' the proper way to type that would be "[b]Slade[/b]" now the word 'Slade' is nested between the open and closing tags, telling the forum that it should begin displaying bold text at the [b] tag, and then stop displaying bold at the [/b] tag. You can tag more than one word at a time, all that you need to do is nest all the desired words within the desired tag. For example "[b]It's Slade, I'm sure of it.[/b]" In this example the entire sentence would be displayed bold. This is one way to draw particular attention to it, however it does detract from the impact of the particular word, and doesn't invoke any unique speech connotation to the word 'Slade.'

So perhaps you might want to italicize the word 'Slade' while keeping the entire sentence bold. Well you can do that as well you simply need to apply the opening and closing [i] tags around the desired word, for example "It's [i]Slade[/i], I'm sure of it." in this sentence only the word 'Slade' would be italicized and the rest of the sentence will be displayed as normal type. But maybe you liked having the entire sentence bold? Well you can have it both ways simply apply the code for both "[b]It's [i]Slade[/i], I'm sure of it[/b]" In this sentence the word 'Slade' will be both bold and italicize, while the entire sentence will just be bold.

Are we beginning to see how these tags work? Well let's move onto something a bit more complicated. URLs

Now there are two basic ways to embed links into your type. You can simply paste the basic link "http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page" but this requires your viewer to copy the link and paste it into their browser, far more work that your average teenager is willing to do for some anonymous link called "Main_Page."

The second way is the use the [url] tag. The [url] tag is a bit more finicky than the Bold or Italic tag, you can't have any 'smiley' context in your link it will blank your entire post. I ran into this problem within Robin's example profile. It was simply solved by disabling Smilies in that post. However that is not the only peculiarity unique to the [url] tag. Simply put it is important to remember that when entering the URL within the tag there must be NOTHING but the URL. No spaces, no nothing. Just the URL.

Now there are two basic ways to enter a URL with the [url] tag. The first of which is the basic open close method, this simply means you wrap the http: address in [url] [/url] tags like so [url]http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page[/url]. This will convert the http: address into what is called a Live Link, this simply means that if someone reading your post clicks on it, the link will take them to the address specified. It's a fairly basic way to link, however it can be done better.

My preferred method of linking is what I like to call Embedded Links. This requires a slight variation of the [url] tag, and is a bit more complicated, however the results allow the reader to get a bit more of an idea as to what they're linking to. You have hopefully noticed my numerous links to the DC Comics Database throughout the resources above. Well you've hopefully also noticed that while clicking on the words 'DC Comics Database' will take you to the DC Comics Database's main page, it doesn't display the http: address like it would if I had used basic URL linking.

That is because I used my  preferred method mentioned above. To do this you vary the [url] link into [url=http:address] In this your desired http: address is actually contained within the tag. However you're only half done. You may have hopefully noticed that with the [url=http:address] the tag is not closed, and therefore would not take effect. That is because in order to complete the tag we have to add the text that will be displayed as the link, the Full tag would look like [url=http:address]Display Text[/url]. Now I like to underline my link, just to make them stand out that much more. To do so you simply place [u][/u] tags within the Display Text, like so [url=http:address][u]Display Text[/u][/url] This will cause your link to be embedded within your display text, and for your display text to be underlined. A much pretty way to link if I do say so myself.

Now onto Irregular Tags.

Irregular Tags are tags which vary form forum to forum. For example, while most Forums use the [s] tag for Strike Through, this Forum uses the [strike] tag. I'm uncertain of why there is that discrepancy, however it is not the only variation I have encountered. Other Irregular Tags include the various Alignment Tags, which will be discussed later, and the [size=] tags.

To begin with the [strike] tag is fairly simple, calling back to the Regular Tags of [i] [b] and [u]. It requires both an opening and closing tag just as they do, and it will only effect the text contained between the two. For example "[strike][/strike]Fuck" does nothing due to nothing being contained between the open and closing [strike] tags, where as "[strike]Fuck[/strike]" will cause the swear word to be displayed with a strike through.

Fairly simple right? We all understand that it works just like the Bold Italic, and Underline tags right? Good, on to getting your text different sizes.

Now the irregularities with the [size=] tag is fairly simple, on some forums you are given a limited selection of sizes to choose from [size=large] [size=small] [size=verysmall] etc. However, on this and most forums which respect the intelligence of their users you are actually allowed to impute a font size of your choosing [size=12] for example. This is a fairly simple way of doing things as it simply tells the post that you want the text contained between the size open and size close tag to be equal to the number present. [size=12] will give you size 12 font. Now the interesting part comes when you want to very sizes. I have not tried this on this forum myself so some experimenting might be in order but if you were to type something like "[size=12]Boo[size=24]Ya![/size]" Than I have experienced it where the size change will occur without separate closing tags. However as stated I have not attempted this on this particular forum so don't take my word for it, and as with most tags the size tag requires a closing tag. However the [size=] closing tag will Always be simply [/size], telling the forum that after that point it should revert to regular font size.

As a rule I try not to stray above 30 size font, above there it become too much like yelling, and to be perfectly honest, beyond headers, I seldom use the [size=] tag. I prefer punctuation to do my speaking for me. It's simpler and doesn't run the risk of mucking up my post with erroneous code because I forgot whether the forum I'm on uses numbers or words.

Everyone good with those two? Good, let's move onto more shall we?

As mentioned above the Alignment Tags are often Irregular. I have encountered two major variations of Alignment Tags, but first you might be wondering just what an 'Alignment Tag' is. Quiet simply an Alignment Tag is a tag which effects the alignment of your text. IE [center] [left] [right] or [justify] Now these are your basic Alignment tags, and this is how you will generally see them displayed, each with it's own unique open and closing tag. (The closing tag for each is simple the opening with a / preceding the desired alignment "[/center] [/left] [/right]" I hope you're picking up on that by this point in the tutorial.)

However, as mentioned the Alignment Tags are irregular, and I have encountered it where each of them is replaced by the [align=] tag. This is a fairly simple variation, for example to align center, rather than type [center]Text[/center] you would type [align=center]Text[/align]. This is a fairly common variation, in my experience online forums swing about 60/40, with this one, and most using the more basic [center] [left] [right] [justify] tags.

Moving on to our last section.

As you have hopefully noticed I have been typing all of this within a Code Box, and as stated before Code Boxes allow people to display code, without it taking effect. Had I not been typing within a Code Box all of my examples would've displayed as Bold, Italic, Underlined, Strike Through, etc etc. This is the basic purpose of a code box, and a code box maybe created at any time with the code tag. Simply wrap the desired text within the code tag and it's closing tag. You may have noticed I am not actually giving an example of the closing code tag. That is because I am actively within a code box and to do so would end my box prematurely. Simply put because I have opened the Code Tag at the beginning of this Box, as soon as I put a closing Code Tag, my box with end, and anything after that closing tag will no longer be contained within the box. I hope you can understand this.

On to the Spoiler Tag. Now you have likely noticed that I have used the Spoiler Tag above to hid unnecessary text until the Spoiler tab is clicked on and expanded. This tag was created for online chat forums which discussed television shows or movies, so that those who had seen the episode or movie in question could discuss it, while allowing those who had not to still view the forum without being 'spoiled' hence the name.

The Tag itself is fairly simple an opening tag of [spoiler] followed by the text you desire to be contained within the tab, and a closing tag of [/spoiler] generates your Spoiler Tab, and hides your text from uninterested viewers.

It is also a great way to turn a monstrously long post into short segments.

And for our final demonstration the only tag in out Tutorial which DOES NOT require to be closed!!! Trumpets please!

The Hard Line tag! *cue Trumpets*

You may have noticed that before this Tutorial there is a long white line splitting my post, and separating it from the rest of the post. This is the Hard Line. I would like it used in the event multiple characters are taken by a single play so that the individual characters might be distinguished easily when their player is posting their actions simultaneously. It is simply
[hr]
This will cause the line it is on to become a Hard Line, inserting the thing white strip between the text above and bellow.

Thank you this has been [center][b][u][size=16]The Deceiver God's Special One Time Forum Coding Tutorial[/size][/b][/u][/center] have a great night and remember to tip your waitress!

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 11/2/2009, 3:26 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Additions)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Free Form Teen Titans Role Play Bonanza (Begun!) Empty Character Sheet Examples

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/24/2009, 3:30 am

Robin
Spoiler:
Beast Boy
Spoiler:
Cyborg
Spoiler:
Starfire
Spoiler:
Raven
Spoiler:

Additional Sheets

Blackfire
Spoiler:
Terra
Spoiler:
Mas & Menos
Spoiler:
Aqualad
Spoiler:
Red X
Spoiler:

Last edited by TheDeceiverGod on 12/7/2009, 3:50 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Additions)
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Free Form Teen Titans Role Play Bonanza (Begun!) Empty Re: Free Form Teen Titans Role Play Bonanza (Begun!)

Post by ~Angel~ 10/24/2009, 7:37 am

well i have alot of wrighting well i will start now

Name:Jinx
personalities:She is nice but can be doudtful of herself and her powers she thinks her powers are evil because she has the powers of bad luck basically jinxing ppl that is why she had stayed with the bad guys but in the end
kid flash had gooten her to go with the good side and ended up helping the tt by helping defeat enemies and went against her old team
looks:She wears a black dress with purple on wears a black/purple stockings wears black boots and a necklace
facial:she is very light skined she has pink hair her eye color is pink
crush:i guess it is speedy but she never said
power:jinx has the power of bad luck or u could call it jinxing ppl when she fights someone she is able two jinx them so they have bad luck and she has alot of flexibility
~Angel~
~Angel~

Back to top Go down

Free Form Teen Titans Role Play Bonanza (Begun!) Empty Re: Free Form Teen Titans Role Play Bonanza (Begun!)

Post by redeagle321 10/26/2009, 9:58 am

Well, here I go. I suppose I can be Slade, or Deathstroke if you prefer.

Slade, AKA Deathstroke the Terminator
Name- Slade Wilson
Age- Technically mid to late sixties, but difficult to say how old physically due to a slower aging factor.
Alias- Slade, or Deathstroke.

Appearance
A masked soldier in full body amour.
Height- 6'4
Weight-235 lbs
Dress- Full body suit lined with various alloys, and a metallic mask with one side orange and one side black. Only the right orange side has an eyehole. He has yet to appear in any other outfit.
Eye- one is blue, the other lost to a gunshot injury in the military
Hair- White, but aging retardation may cause occasional fluctuation.
Skin- White, although seldom shown.
General- Clad in full body armor with a metallic mask, he is daunting to behold and a difficult foe to injure in combat. He is never shown out of his armored suit, which proves he seldom lets down his guard and is a full-time villain

Abilities/ powers
Due to various military procedures, Slade's abilities far outclass the average human's.
Frightening mental capacity- Able to use a whopping 90% of his brain, he is a master strategist and has a flawless memory. Able to compute difficult calculations in a matter of seconds, he is able to counteract even the most effective of techniques in the heat of battle.
Enhanced reflexes- he is able to evade even the most precise attacks and weapons in a split moment.
Enhanced strength- His strength is the equivalent to that of multiple men, able to press over 800 lbs.
Enhanced stamina- he is able to push himself far further than a normal person ever could.
Enhanced speed- He is capable of outrunning even professional athletes and can top 30 mph.
Enhanced senses- He can see, hear and smell better than a normal human
Healing factor-Able to heal rapidly, he is able to take damage and still fight at capacity. His healing also includes immunity to poisons and disease and even a slow healing factor. He even once reversed his aging altogether, but only briefly.

Skills
Master of tactics- Having been in the military for countless years, he is a master strategist. Combined with his sharply enhanced mind, this makes him a true mastermind.
Expert combatant- Having trained in hand to hand combat for many years, he is a fearsome foe in a fight. Combined with his impressive strength, this makes him able to hold his own against multiple foes at once, even metahumans.

Tools-
Staff
Minions
Robotic army
Explosive devices
He probably possesses other weapons as well

Weakness- Unable to cope with defeat, he hates to lose and will sabotage his own plans to evade capture.

Strengths- Being strong and witty, and clad in defensive armor as well as having regenerative abilities and numerous resources, he is able of besieging multiple enemies at once, and is daunting in one on one combat. He is able to rebound from his defeats and come back strong as ever.

Origin- At a young Age, Slade Wilson lied about his age to join in the Korean War. He was a quick learner, and mastered many styles of combat very quickly. Some time later, he signed up for medical experimentation, and things did not go as expected. He obtained the abilities he has. Unable to return to the military, he tried to live out a normal life as a family man, but to no avail as his military past pursued him. Therefore, he took up the role of assassin. His feud with the titans began when his son, a foe of the titans, was defeated by them. He swore vengeance upon the titans, and struck back by introducing terra into the group. However, her betrayal cost him dearly, as the lava consumed him entirely, not allowing him to regenerate. However, by betraying trigon, he was able to resurrect himself. He has yet to make a big move since his return, and is likely biding his time to strike...

Last edited by redeagle321 on 10/26/2009, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Free Form Teen Titans Role Play Bonanza (Begun!) Empty Speedy (Roy Harper)

Post by Raevien 10/26/2009, 11:16 am

>.> How many are we allowed to apply for? 'Cause I have 2 cannons I'd like to be. I'll just apply with my first choice for now. If I can play two characters, I'd like to be Aqualad, too. :] Yaar, I love my Titans East boys <3

Title
Hero Name- Speedy
Age- 17 (more or less)
Alias/Secret ID- Roy Harper

Appearance
Hair- Orange-Red
Height- 6' (182.88 cm)
Weight- ((Yes, I'm not good with weight/height/muscle ratios...we'll just say he's a little over average tall-teenage-male weight due to muscle xP ))
Dress- Scarlet vest and pants with knee-high yellow boots; yellow box-shaped quiver and yellow utility belt; yellow and black "S" emblem on the top-left section of his vest; black "stick-on" mask that covers his eye-area; fingerless red arm-protectors that go almost to his elbow
Formal- Black blazer, white shirt, slacks and dress shoes ((sorry, dudes, I'm still learning my male attire; fashion is NOT my thing >3> ))
Casual- T-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes; sometimes button-up shirts, occasionally a leather jacket when he's biking, occasional sunglasses ((Again, male attire is not an area I know a lot in Dx ))
Eyes- Vary from Forest to Emerald (vibrant) greens
Skin- Caucasian (White)
General- Boxer-like build--strong but lean and fast; most muscle strength in the arms/chest area due to archery; hair cut rather short and typically well-kept. Has a trade-mark crooked smile when he's entertained or up to something.

Abilities
Trained in general forms of boxing and heavily trained in archery.
Has, over time, become a growing master of Moo Gi Gong, the art of knowing how to turn almost any object into a weapon
Can speak semi-fluently in Russian, fluently in different dialects of the Navajo language, and understand some Japanese
Very knowledgeable of motorcycles and some cars
Actually a very skilled equestrian (thanks to growing up with the Navajos), but doesn't like showing it
Can play a guitar, but doesn't read music

Mental abilities
An excellent tracker/detective, his skills are (later/as he gets older) only challenged by Robin(Nightwing) and Batman
Can be analytical when he needs to be, but tends to choose not to
Has a lot of 'street know-all'

Metaphysical abilities
None; he's just your average joe as far as that goes xP

Weapons/Techniques-
Core weapon: Bow and Trick arrows
- Trick arrows range from your basic grapple and net-arrows, to heat and ice arrows, to electrically charged and destructive quantum arrows
- Bow is occasionally used as a weapon on its own
- Arrows can be used in a similar fashion to sais and stunners

Other Techniques:
- Boxing and Kick-boxing
- Moo Gi Gong; has learned how to turn virtually any near-by object into a useful weapon

Weaknesses
Physically:
- He's human; bones are broken, has limited speed and strength, etc

Psychologically/Mentally:
- Tends to be a bit on the lazy side
- Enjoys putting on the 'tough guy' persona, which sometimes causes him to show off, pull mindless stunts or get him into other troublesome situations
- Critical; likes to argue
- Highly sarcastic, sometimes to a bit of a bullying point
- Can be a bit arrogant and conceited

Strengths

Physically:
- Keen accuracy; rarely misses his target
- Good reflexes
- Higher than-average endurance, speed and strength

Psychologically/Mentally:
- Analytically minded
- Very passionate and protective of the people he's close to
- Often plays "big brother" for Kid Flash (Wally) and Beast Boy (Gar); picks on them often, but is always the first to step to their defense
- Has a decent sense of humor and a record of sometimes being obscurely random
- Good with reading body language; can typically tell if someone's lying or not, if they're uneasy, or if they're thinking about striking

Likes-
- Sandwiches and lemonade
- Riding/working on motorcycles
- Playing his guitar when no one's around
- Goofing off with his friends
- Picking on Gar(BeastBoy), Wally(Kid Flash) and Garth(Aqualad) (even though he loves them all)
- Climbing things (can often be found in a tree or on a roof when he's thinking/wants to be alone)
- Archery
- Being out and about
- Pulling all-nighters

Dislikes-
- Being closed up
- Being immobile in any way; whether it's because he's injured, sick, or grounded
- Being bossed around
- Not being able to do anything about a problem
- Quick, easy fights
- Being 'mothered' (well, he likes it when certain people do it)
- Idiots (but who doesn't?)

History/Origins
- Little to nothing is known about his mother, we think she died while he was still very young
- His father was a park-ranger killed in a forest fire
- Roy was adopted by the Navajo chief in the area; which is where he learned much of his archery and equestrian knowledge
- Eventually adopted by Oliver Queen (Green Arrow) and further trained in archery and boxing
- Got his knowledge of motorcycles after Ollie started dating Dinah, who's heavily involved in bikes/cycles
- Joined Titans East around the age of 15
((If you need more detail, I'll tack more on later >3> ))

Last edited by Raevien on 10/26/2009, 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raevien
Raevien

http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/26/2009, 11:24 am

I call BumbleBee. But I can't put up the character sheet right now, since I'm on my phone and I won't be able to type that much. I promise I'll do it tomorrow, or just as soon as I can. Just wanna reserve that position. Smile

Awesome map you got there, DeceiverGod. :D

Oh, by the way, do you want me to... Reconstruct our character sheet on our profiles into your format? It's a lot more complex than the one we have right now. If you want that, I might just be able to reconstruct it tomorrow.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 10/26/2009, 12:49 pm

Blackfire here! >:]

I'm pretty busy right now, but can you keep that place occupied for me? o.o
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

https://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/26/2009, 1:22 pm

Still looking for Robin Cyborg & Beast Boy, once we get them we can start, so, ya'know, hit up your friends & get those sheets up as soon as possible.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 10/26/2009, 1:42 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Still looking for Robin Cyborg & Beast Boy, once we get them we can start, so, ya'know, hit up your friends & get those sheets up as soon as possible.

>3> So wait, can or can't we play more than one character?
Raevien
Raevien

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/26/2009, 1:53 pm

Raevien wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:Still looking for Robin Cyborg & Beast Boy, once we get them we can start, so, ya'know, hit up your friends & get those sheets up as soon as possible.

Just one until we start, then if you're really good, we can talk about getting you a second character for the holidays santa
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raevien 10/26/2009, 1:55 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Raevien wrote:

Just one until we start, then if you're really good, we can talk about getting you a second character for the holidays santa

OMG SANTA. 8D
xD Bahaha. Okie dokie. :] Sounds epic cool. I shall wait. >3>
Raevien
Raevien

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 10/26/2009, 2:48 pm

Title

Name-Victor ''vic'' stone

Age- 18
Alias- Cyborg/Cy

Appearance
Hulky, robotic parts that are a bluish gray color. Most of his body is robotic. Both legs and arms are robotic.
Hair- None
Height- 6'3
Weight- Approxiamately 300 lbs.
Dress- His entire body( Except for the right side of his head) is covered in a robotic armor.
Eyes- One dark colored, the other cybernetic and red
Skin- Black

General- Cyborg enjoys his free time almost as much as he enjoys fighting evil. Whenever the opportunity for recreation presents itself, Cyborg can usually be found sitting on the couch at Titans Tower playing a video game. Fellow Titan Beast Boy is known to give Cyborg a run for his money when it comes to video games, but invariably, Cyborg almost always comes out victorious.

Abilities
-Cybernetic Exoskeleton: Cyborg's abilities/offensive attacks include two Sonic Cannons (one in each arm), a smaller sonic blaster located in his left foot, two sets of missile launchers (one in each shoulder), super-strength, high-end sensor and communication technology, and can also produce several different tools (a saw, a welding torch, a buffer, etc.) from his arms. At one point, he installed a super-processor chip called the Maximum-7 to further increase his abilities, but an overload forced Robin to remove it.AbilitiesMechanical Engineering: By necessity, Cyborg is an expert in the field of mechnical engineering. In addition to maintaining his own cybernetic systems, Cyborg also invented his own car, which he dubbed the "T-Car".
Perpetual Appetite: Cyborg is without a doubt the hungriest of the Titans and is capable of consuming more food than his physical size would suggest. His preferred snack is all-meat pizza, but he will enjoy just about anything. He once competed against the cave boy Gnarrk in an eating contest and surprisingly beat him. [1]

Physical abilites
Superhuman strength
Mental abilities- Computer-like mind, his mind is programmed like a computer in terms of analyzing data and other technology purposes
Metaphysical abilities- None
Weapons/Techniques

Sonic cannons, rocket launchers in his shoulders[/b]

Weaknesses Prone to rust

Strengths His size and technological skills

Dislikes
Tofu, bad guys

History/Origins
Former leader of titans west and titans east( In the animated series) [/b] [b]
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/26/2009, 6:13 pm

Wait... So since this is a free form roleplay, we can do anything, right? No plots?
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/26/2009, 7:09 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:Wait... So since this is a free form roleplay, we can do anything, right? No plots?

Pretty much yeah, however if you would care to look at the links I provided in the first such as the "Play-by-post Role Play" than you would know that there is some manner of organization to the game.

And I won't be accepting Fan characters until Robin Beast Boy Cyborg Raven & Starfire all filled, just to insure the Teen Titans will make an appearance in this Teen Titans role play.

Perhaps the best way to describe the 'plot' of this particular Role Play, is... Evolutionary. We start playing, and as the villains do things, the Titans strive to stop them, and the plot evolves.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Free Form Teen Titans Role Play Bonanza (Begun!) Empty Robin

Post by Vandal 10/26/2009, 8:05 pm

Eh, seeing how Robin is open, I'll take the spot.. Do I need to do the character sheet, or can I just mooch off of the one you did?
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/26/2009, 8:16 pm

Mercy wrote:Eh, seeing how Robin is open, I'll take the spot.. Do I need to do the character sheet, or can I just mooch off of the one you did?

Mooch away my dear Mercy.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 10/27/2009, 12:23 am

Aww, thank you so much Deceiver, I learned a lot about Robin in reading this by the ways :3

Character Sheet Example
The Boy Wonder
Name- Dick Grayson
Age- 17
Alias- Robin

Appearance
Hair-Short black hair spiked with water resistance hair gel.
Height- 4' 5''
Weight- W/Gear 246 lb W/O Gear 194
Dress
Formal-Tuxedo, when necessary
Casual-Black mask, condensed polymer cap, tear resistant micro-weave red/green uniform with gloves & metal plated black boots.
Eyes- Masked.
Skin- Pale Caucasian
General- Robin wears a red tee shirt with three yellow stitches across the chest and his signature R over the left breast, the sleeves are green and his gloves arched coming up to his elbows. His cape is relatively short falling only to behind his thighs, it is black on the front while yellow on the reverse. His pants are green and skin tight, clasped by a distinctive yellow utility belt where the majority of his gadgets are kept however his gloves do conceal a series of lock-picks. His boots are ankle high black, with heavy metal plating over the toes, the heels and along the soles.

Abilities

Physical abilities
Peak Human Conditioning: Dick Grayson possesses the peak athletic strength and endurance of a man who regularly engages in intensive physical exercise. His physical attributes exceed that of any Olympic level athlete that has ever competed. His strength, speed, stamina, reflexes, agility and coordination are at peak human perfection.
Master Martial Artist: He is a master of several martial arts disciplines and he is proficient in other various martial arts. Although he has not mastered near as many fighting styles as his mentor, what he has done is effectively combined the martial arts he knows into a unique style that suits his strengths.
Master Acrobat: Grayson is a prodigious natural athlete, possessing a peak human level of agility/acrobatic skills.
Weapons Master: Through his martial arts training with Batman, he has become an expert on almost all types of weaponry. He has mastered knife throwing, as well as melee weapons, having trained in and mastered Okinawan kobudō. His most preferred weapon of choice is a pair of Eskrima sticks which he has mastered, in incorporated into his own unique style of fighting.
Master of Stealth: His training has made him a master at stealth capable of easily breaching high security facilities without being detected. He has been compared to the Batman, in terms of stealth and has been stated to be as good as the Batman in this field.
Expert Marksman: As a result of his training in Ninujitsu and with Batman, Nightwing almost never misses his targets, 9/10 times he's successful. He has been practicing accuracy since the early days of his training as Robin and is on par with the Batman in terms of accuracy.

Mental abilities
Multi-lingual: Having had the finest education as Bruce Wayne's ward, he speaks with fluency in English, French, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Swahili, Mandarin, Cantonese, and is possibly fluent in other languages. He has some knowledge of Romany and the alien language of Tamaran.
Skilled Leader: He is also a brilliant and experienced strategist with superlative leadership skills, having served as leader to the Titans, the Outsiders, and even the Justice League. Additionally, Dick's efforts to remain in contact with other heroes makes him a master at rallying, unifying, and inspiring the superhero community, a skill in which he has surpassed his mentor.
Tracking: Nightwing has been trained in hunting and tracking techniques by Batman. He is a master tracker, comparable to the Batman.
Master of Disguise: He is proficient in the art of disguise as having been taught by the Batman himself.
Escapologist: The Batman has trained Nightwing in this ability since his earliest days, in turn making Nightwing, a master escape artist. Though not as good as the Batman, he is proficient enough, to be only second to the Batman in this category.
Intimidation: He has been taught by the Batman, the ability to instill fear into others

Metaphysical abilities
None

Weapons-
Bird-a-Rangs
Small metallic polymer throwing weapons based off of the boomerang.
Utility Belt
Although seemingly unremarkable in appearance, the utility belt remains as one of Robin's most important tools in fighting crime. Composed of a leather strap and a solid steel buckle, the utility belt houses several cartridges, which vertically clip onto the outside of the belt. The buckle itself contains a miniature camera and two-way radio. A secondary compartment behind the length of the belt houses Robin's supply of collapsible Bird-a-Rangs.
Attack Disks
Small round metallic disks containing either standard explosives, smoke bombs, or elector shock blasts.

Weaknesses
Human
Robin is completely human and is as such subject to all the weakness that entails. His body while physically perfected heals only at a normal human rate, is subject to all biological agents that other humans are, and possess only moderate resistances to high or low temperate. Also he is unable to breathe without air, or exist in a zero pressure environment such as space, or high pressure environments such as deep sea.

Strengths
Intelligence
Robin is one of the most intelligent heroes around. His mind is a weapon in and unto itself; he is capable of complete thought processes, critical thinking, reasoning and deduction on a moment’s notice. He is very learned and possesses a considerable knowledge of several subjects including, history, mathematics, science, biology, various global cultures and sociology.
Agility
Robin is widely regarded as one of the most agile men in the world, he is rumored to be the only human capable of a quadruple back flip and it has been said that even his previous mentor is not as skilled an acrobat as he is.

Likes-Training, Action Movies, Pizza, Crime Fighting, Being the Best.
Dislikes-Hotdog documentaries, lax morals, mobsters, criminals, Tamaraian cuisine.

History/Origins
The name "Robin the Boy Wonder" and the medieval look of the original costume were inspired by the legendary hero Robin Hood, as well as the red-breasted American Robin, which continued the "flying animal" motif of Batman.

Young Dick Grayson was born on the first day of spring. His mother nicknamed him "little Robin". Little did she know how prophetic this term of endearment would be in her son's life.

Dick Grayson was an twelve-year-old Romanian circus acrobat, the youngest of a family act called The Flying Graysons of The Haly Circus. Dick joined the act at a very young age, having been trained in acrobatics from birth. Before one appearance in Gotham, in which The Flying Graysons were the main attraction, they were asked to pose for a photo opportunity with the Drake Family, including their young son Tim Drake. From that time on Tim's one and only hero in the world was Dick.

While on tour in Gotham City, he overheard "Boss" Tony Zucco, a well-known and feared crime-lord, threaten the performers unless the circus's owner paid extortion money. The owner refused, and that night Dick watched in horror as his parents' high wire snapped, sending his parents hurtling to their deaths, all while many of Gotham's elite watched on. Young Dick felt responsible, because he didn't warn his parents in time.

When Robin was 17, he was shot in the shoulder by the Joker, and this scared Batman into ending his career for good. Dick realized at that point that he had grown up: he no longer relied on Batman and, in fact, he and the Dark Knight disagreed on crime-fighting methodology. His newfound independence and Titans' duties in New York left less time for his former commitments in Gotham City. He also dropped out of Hudson after only one semester.

Dick rediscovered his self-worth among the Teen Titans. Batman, however, was less than pleased. He informed Dick that if he no longer wanted to be his partner, then Dick would have to retire as Robin. Dick left Wayne Manor after this fallout.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/27/2009, 3:46 am

Hmmm... I thought Raven was filled by Raven. Who's this Slade guy? O.o
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMila1 10/27/2009, 9:08 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:Hmmm... I thought Raven was filled by Raven. Who's this Slade guy? O.o

Guuh.. probably a mistake? o.o
EllaMila1
EllaMila1

https://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/27/2009, 10:08 am

Bumblebee

Name-: Karen Beecher Duncan
Age-: Adult
Alias-: Bumblebee

Appearance

Hair-: Black
Height-: 5' 7"
Weight-: 130 lbs (59 kg)
Dress: A sleeveless shirt with black and yellow stripes resembling a bee with black leggings and black boots.
Eyes-: Brown
Skin-: Dark Brown
General-: Karen is a female with a slim and slender figure. Her skin, eyes, and hair are dark. Her hair is curled up into two buns on each side on top of her head.

Abilities

Physical abilities: Exoskeletal wings enable flight and create sonic disruptions, and an ability to shrink into the size of a bumblebee - literally.
Mental abilities : She has some abilities to resist mind control and mind manipulation, although it is not her primary power.
Metaphysical abilities : None
Weapons/Techniques-: B-shaped electric stingers.
Weaknesses: She is easily crushed when she is in her shrunken state, and her stingers doesn't work as powerful as they are when she is in a normal state.
Strengths: Her abilities are mostly her strengths. She also does a good job in undercover missions and proves herself that she has what it takes to be a leader (leader of Titans East).

Likes-
Dislikes-

History/Origins: Scientist Karen Beecher was the girlfriend of Teen Titans member the Herald (a.k.a. Mal Duncan). In order to help make Herald look good in front of the team, Beecher secretly made herself a bumblebee-themed supersuit and attacked the Teen Titans. She escaped without this ruse being revealed.

When she later explained to Mal and the Titans what she had done, they were impressed enough to offer her membership, which she accepted. She and Mal subsequently moved to the new Titans West team, having relocated to San Francisco. When the Titans team dissolved for a time, Karen and Mal married and 'retired' from superheroics. Karen took a job with S.T.A.R. Labs, where she designs non-lethal weaponry.

They have returned to crime-fighting from time to time to assist the team, most notably during a short-lived revival of Titans West and the JLA/Titans event, which reunited everyone involved with the team. A fight broke out over the fate of Victor Stone, Cyborg. Bumblebee personally fought Zauriel, a member of the Justice League. Despite the assistance of the current Supergirl, Bumblebee was swiftly defeated.

Following this, Mal and Karen briefly joined the latest incarnation of Titans West (now called Titans L.A.), but this incarnation of the team never really got off the ground.
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/27/2009, 10:26 am

I also suggest this page to complete character sheets for this roleplay. This will help on the history, strength/weakness, likes/dislikes, etc.

http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/00rollcall.html
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/27/2009, 10:38 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:Hmmm... I thought Raven was filled by Raven. Who's this Slade guy? O.o

Long story short I got tired of waiting on a character sheet and he asked, so at this point I'd probably give Raven to whomever shows up with the best sheet.

Still looking for a Beast Boy. Crazy you were interesting weren't you? Crazy?
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 10/27/2009, 10:49 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:

Long story short I got tired of waiting on a character sheet and he asked, so at this point I'd probably give Raven to whomever shows up with the best sheet.

Ah.

I thought Crazy applied for Cyborg? o.O lol
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod 10/27/2009, 11:11 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:

Ah.

I thought Crazy applied for Cyborg? o.O lol

I don't know... maybe, I seem to remember Crazy going for the bionic black man, but someone wanted Beast Boy. I remember hearing a request, I just don't remember who from. Anyway if you know any Garfield lovers get them on the horn the sooner we have the Changeling & Victor filled we get get this egg on the grittle.
TheDeceiverGod
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next