DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random News

+46
Radiance
redeagle321
Quickfeather
Cylor
Xenophobic Sponge
Bass_so_low
TheDeceiverGod
miniloaf94
RustleXer
princess of darkness
zillyboy
Starfire_02
Music_Hero2779
Nightstar19
Faust
starfire1996
StaticJames
TheGoAsk
ChoMo
Vandal
quinceyleejonas
Laughing_Man
SylverBluTitan
archiesangel
Negromancer
Azrael
EllaMila1
~Angel~
makamook
0chocolachao0
Titans_Fan123
pentatitans5
Rachel1466
PJA1692
Sierra
ravenfan
StarxRob4ever
BeastBoysGirl93
Forza3yeah
Naked Snake
artemis 1223
Blitzkrieg
Riaaanna
Thecrazykid3649
thewizardofodd12
FloatingMagikarp
50 posters

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

Random News - Page 21 Empty Re: Random News

Post by Azrael 9/19/2009, 11:12 am

Naked Snake wrote:
ChoMo wrote:Sad
I can't believe they would send it back.... *sigh..*
But regardless, I refuse to lose hope.

Good to know. Tell me how Egypt is--you ARE living in denial, after all.
It's still funny when used sparingly, but that joke should probably be antiquated by now. Razz
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by pentatitans5 9/19/2009, 2:45 pm

FloatingMagikarp wrote:Ok so first thing's first before I start this conversation...
I'll be ending the LWB (Letters to Warner Brothers Event) early
since I just got a response back from them... However.... Do not get
your hopes up. They actually returned the letter to me, but I think someone read it.
After I received my envelope back, the top part was open, and merely taped in a neat
way, so someone must have read it. (Hopefully anyways.) And what more... Someone
wrote on top of WB's address and wrote "Teen Titans" crossed out with a yellow highlighter.
On top of the written "Teen Titans" it has these letters on top. "RTS".

Also, there's a red stamp on the bottom saying

Returned - Moved, No Forwarding Address
Or Not Listed At 4000 Warner Blvd.
RETURN TO SENDER

I'm no super experienced letter person, but I'm taking a guess that they didn't bother to look at
my letter...? If anyone knows exactly what this means, please tell me whether it's "good" or "bad",
I'm still curious.

Anyways, yeah, that's the condition my letter came back in and what do you know, they sent my
letter back along with my envelope. I'm guessing that they're just implying to leave them be and don't
bother them anymore. If that's what they really want, I'm fine with it, but what do you guys think
about this situation? The letter-being-returned situation that is.

It DOESN'T mean they didn't want to read it so the just sent it back. If they didn't want to read the letter, the would have just threw it away.
Look at the read lettering again, it says MOVED and OR NOT LISTED AT WARNER BLVD.
Maybe they moved. I know that doesn't make any sense but they don't have the right to say "that's not our address so stop sending us letters" its just the rules (don't think its a law)

That's what I know about that. I have no idea why it would be opened though.
And the RTS stands for "Return to Sender" if you don't already know. Smile
pentatitans5
pentatitans5

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/19/2009, 2:55 pm

pentatitans5 wrote:
FloatingMagikarp wrote:Ok so first thing's first before I start this conversation...
your hopes up. They actually returned the letter to me, but I think someone read it.
After I received my envelope back, the top part was open, and merely taped in a neat
way, so someone must have read it. (Hopefully anyways.) And what more... Someone
wrote on top of WB's address and wrote "Teen Titans" crossed out with a yellow highlighter.

RETURN TO SENDER

I'm no super experienced letter person, but I'm taking a guess that they didn't bother to look at
my letter...? If anyone knows exactly what this means, please tell me whether it's "good" or "bad",
I'm still curious.

Anyways, yeah, that's the condition my letter came back in and what do you know, they sent my
letter back along with my envelope. I'm guessing that they're just implying to leave them be and don't
bother them anymore. If that's what they really want, I'm fine with it, but what do you guys think

It DOESN'T mean they didn't want to read it so the just sent it back. If they didn't want to read the letter, the would have just threw it away.
Look at the read lettering again, it says MOVED and OR NOT LISTED AT WARNER BLVD.
Maybe they moved. I know that doesn't make any sense but they don't have the right to say "that's not our address so stop sending us letters" its just the rules (don't think its a law)

Returning something unopened is the universal sign for "I didn't bother to read your letter." It's a tactless thing to do, but it usually conveys the point.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Random News - Page 21 Empty To All Members

Post by FloatingMagikarp 9/19/2009, 9:53 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
pentatitans5 wrote:

RETURN TO SENDER

I'm still curious.

Returning something unopened is the universal sign for "I didn't bother to read your letter." It's a tactless thing to do, but it usually conveys the point.
yeah, exactly what i thought.
guys, the way i see it, this is not "giving up."
think about it, it's what WB is trying to tell us.
im not giving up at all and neither are you guys.
it's just simply showing respect to the favor of WB.
after all, we also have to be aware that there were probably
many other "Save the TT" groups before us - we just used some
different methods that the other groups didnt use and then some
- but either way, what the company wants is what the company wants
and we have no absolute power over that.

Here's the definition of what "Giving Up" would be:
Everyone in the Proj.: Geez, this isn't working out. This is probably never going to work out.
Let's just throw in the towel because I quit. *Project ends right on the spot*

Definition of Showing Respect:
Warner Bros: *sends back letter in the same neat state*

- Our question has been answered.
- In respect, we no longer pester WB.

So in other words, I understand that most of you guys here want to continue, but think about it...
How do you plan to do so right after the company gave us a vague, yet clear message that they
don't want to bother with it anymore? Are we just going to keep on sending letters or tell them that
we support them? Of course they know we support them already and I'm sure that they highly
appreciate it, but let's not turn this whole thing into a cliché.

Anyways, in my personal opinion, I feel we should end this Project - no we are not quitting at all.
We've put in a LOT of effort - more than you'll ever know. I'm sure that the company really respects
that part of us too because look at what we have on TV now - re-runs starting since early February,
and it's still going - sure, we don't have a season six popping up anywhere, but hey, TT is suppose
to be "dead" but here it is airing re-runs for a bit on TV. We just need to understand that business-wise
and all, WB is through with producing more TT series etc.

It's all I can say really - no, it's all WB can say. Let's just be thankful that I had some sort of reply back
from them rather than none. My letter is still in perfect condition as if it were somehow untouched.
I still find that a good thing though rather than them mindlessly "throwing it away."

So... I was thinking of ending this Project and having ourselves build a fanbase together.
I posted up a youtube vid. last night about ending this Proj. and I apologize for uploading it without the permission of the
members. Let's just say that it was really late at night, so I guess I wasn't thinking straight. Anyways,
I took it off shortly due to some debates I had with ending it. Now I'd like to hear the voices of the members
before I plan on uploading that video again. So yes, let me hear your voices please.

Last edited by FloatingMagikarp on 9/19/2009, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
FloatingMagikarp
FloatingMagikarp

Location : right here on the forums. and over there on youtube. dropping by on deviantart. *yawn* time for bed~

https://www.youtube.com/user/FloatingMagikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/19/2009, 9:56 pm

I don't believe I need to sound off to convey my opinion, though I can't speak for the others.
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/19/2009, 10:16 pm

FloatingMagikarp wrote:we also have to be aware that there were probably many other "Save the TT" groups before us - we just used some different methods that the other groups didnt use and then some
There was a really big one back when the show was first ending. This one got Paul Levitz's attention - theres a thread around here where Paul's statements on movements to save the show are posted - but it didn't work out how the group hoped for obvious reasons. Since the show ended though, there's been maybe three or four small movements to bring back the show that I know of. Not sure what their methods were though; I just know they existed through the grapevine and seeing them here and there.

I think most of those other movements are gone by now; one of them tried the whole online petition thing, which is about as big a waste of time as you could possibly imagine, so you can pretty much figure how that one went.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Random News - Page 21 Empty wondering

Post by TheGoAsk 9/19/2009, 10:59 pm

hey ive just noticed that teen titans has been on more the usauly starting mid summer i started seeing it on cn a little now its only almost everyday today it was on about 3and a half-4 hours and its starting to get time slots where a lot of people watch tv like 7pm or 8-10 pm
Any thoughts?

-TheGoAsk
TheGoAsk
TheGoAsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/19/2009, 11:56 pm

TheGoAsk wrote:hey ive just noticed that teen titans has been on more the usauly starting mid summer i started seeing it on cn a little now its only almost everyday today it was on about 3and a half-4 hours and its starting to get time slots where a lot of people watch tv like 7pm or 8-10 pm
Any thoughts?

-TheGoAsk

A lack of original content meaning that they have to plug the timeslot with a popular cartoon to maintain ratings?
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/20/2009, 2:27 am

FloatingMagikarp wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
pentatitans5 wrote:

RETURN TO SENDER

I'm still curious.

Everyone in the Proj.: Geez, this isn't working out. This is probably never going to work out.

So in other words, I understand that most of you guys here want to continue, but think about it...
How do you plan to do so right after the company gave us a vague, yet clear message that they
don't want to bother with it anymore? Are we just going to keep on sending letters or tell them that
we support them? Of course they know we support them already and I'm sure that they highly

Anyways, in my personal opinion, I feel we should end this Project - no we are not quitting at all.
We've put in a LOT of effort - more than you'll ever know. I'm sure that the company really respects
that part of us too because look at what we have on TV now - re-runs starting since early February,
and it's still going - sure, we don't have a season six popping up anywhere, but hey, TT is suppose
to be "dead" but here it is airing re-runs for a bit on TV. We just need to understand that business-wise

It's all I can say really - no, it's all WB can say. Let's just be thankful that I had some sort of reply back
from them rather than none. My letter is still in perfect condition as if it were somehow untouched.
I still find that a good thing though rather than them mindlessly "throwing it away."

So... I was thinking of ending this Project and having ourselves build a fanbase together.
I posted up a youtube vid. last night about ending this Proj. and I apologize for uploading it without the permission of the
members. Let's just say that it was really late at night, so I guess I wasn't thinking straight. Anyways,
I took it off shortly due to some debates I had with ending it. Now I'd like to hear the voices of the members
before I plan on uploading that video again. So yes, let me hear your voices please.

Perfect condition? I thought you said the top part was opened and merely taped neatly...??

Well... You have a point there. We showed support, we gave efforts. It's not a nothing. They saw us, and they appreciate our support...

I'm thinking that this project doesn't end now. I mean... It's not necessarily an END... it's a... transformation, from sending letters to making fanbase! And who knows? Maybe from this fanbase, we might have a new way to get the show back... I know it sounds old and stupid (maybe from this fanbase we might have a new way to get the show back thing), but who knows? heh.

I'm gonna go see that vid now.

Oh, btw Karp, I asked Sam about that whole RTS thing, and you can read his message on my interview blog thingy Wink
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/20/2009, 2:56 am

Images of the costume new Batgirl Stephanie Brown is going to use are circling the internet.

Random News - Page 21 948030-picture_5_super

I kind of like it. The purple's rather ugly though. Might look better in an actual comic though.

Also, I like how this promo image has Steph dropkicking a mutant from "The Dark Knight Returns" A reference to that is always good. I swear I recall the Teen Titans series referencing it once too.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Random News - Page 21 Empty Well...

Post by StaticJames 9/20/2009, 4:37 am

Azrael wrote:Images of the costume new Batgirl Stephanie Brown is going to use are circling the internet.

I kind of like it. The purple's rather ugly though. Might look better in an actual comic though.

Also, I like how this promo image has Steph dropkicking a mutant from "The Dark Knight Returns" A reference to that is always good. I swear I recall the Teen Titans series referencing it once too.

She doesn't seem to be putting enough effort into the drop kick, she needed to sweep her arms out to show the cape.

Still maybe it shouldn't be the project that stops, but a new project instead? Maybe a - Make a Young Justice tv show.. or Tiny Titans? Theres already a large number of members on here right, so it wouldn't be as difficult setting up a new group alltogether.

StaticJames

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 9/20/2009, 4:40 am

StaticJames wrote:
Azrael wrote:Images of the costume new Batgirl Stephanie Brown is going to use are circling the internet.

She doesn't seem to be putting enough effort into the drop kick, she needed to sweep her arms out to show the cape.

Still maybe it shouldn't be the project that stops, but a new project instead? Maybe a - Make a Young Justice tv show.. or Tiny Titans? Theres already a large number of members on here right, so it wouldn't be as difficult setting up a new group alltogether.
Maybe it could have been drawn to look a bit more vicious, but hey, it seems to be doing it's job. I mean, the mutants teeth are going out of his mouth. We'll probably see the cape better soon enough.

I've always thought the overall style they chose for Teen Titans animated series would have been better suited for Young Justice anyways.
Azrael
Azrael

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna 9/20/2009, 4:48 am

*gasp*
James you're ONLINE!!! :D :D :D

How long has it been, dude? like... 6 months? more? XD

heh... hope you still remember ME Wink
Riaaanna
Riaaanna

Back to top Go down

Random News - Page 21 Empty Hi!!

Post by starfire1996 9/20/2009, 6:53 am

Soooo...what exactly would the fanbase consist of?

starfire1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/20/2009, 7:04 am

starfire1996 wrote:Soooo...what exactly would the fanbase consist of?

Fanfics, webcomics, probably an animated web comic, fanart, etc. pretty much anything fan-related :D
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

https://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/20/2009, 7:24 am

FloatingMagikarp wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
pentatitans5 wrote:

RETURN TO SENDER

I'm still curious.

Soooo...you wanna know what 'ol crazy has to say ....well crazy says bring on the fanbase! :D

Honestly, i think it would be the best thing. Instead of waiting around for some answers and sending letters that will be sent back disregarded anyhow, we should use the talent that is in this forum for something more...deserving. Not that this whole project was a bust, but because this fanbase idea, to me, is better than waiting for a new season of tt to fall from the sky. We have ALOT of talent that can be used here, that has been sitting around and its time we put it to work.

Before the poll ''disappeared'', The votes were in favor of making our own fanbase and trying to fight for tt....but since the only thing we could do is send letters, which seem to have very little effect, we might as well just make our own tt. That way we can focus more on making our own tt, instead of wasting time with the letters....

And no we're not quitting. We're just shifting our efforts elsewhere. >.> XD

This has been ''Crazy's P.O.V'' :D lol
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Random News - Page 21 Empty :D

Post by starfire1996 9/20/2009, 7:46 am

That sounds so awesome, if I can help just tell me! I love you

starfire1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Faust 9/20/2009, 9:07 am

I hope they read the letter (if they read it at all) cause a lot of us worked hard on those letters.

Faust

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightstar19 9/20/2009, 9:17 am

Yeah, sounds awesome, guys! I'm currently working on a fanfic. It features a few characters from Kingdom Come, but I changed their personalities to what I wanted (since I've never read the comics in the first place, I only heard about them). It's supposed to be set in the Titans' future.
I may also be working on some drawings and stuff, and if you ever want to come check it out, go to:
Nightstar919.deviantart.com
(My favorites is FILLED with Titans stuff, especially R/S fluff :D )

Man, I wish they'd make a season six. Just talking about it not being made puts me down in the dumps... Sad
Nightstar19
Nightstar19

Back to top Go down

Post by ChoMo 9/20/2009, 11:06 am

I'm still with you guys! :D
ChoMo
ChoMo

https://www.youtube.com/user/missa567

Back to top Go down

Post by Music_Hero2779 9/20/2009, 11:50 am

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
FloatingMagikarp wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
pentatitans5 wrote:

RETURN TO SENDER

I'm still curious.

Soooo...you wanna know what 'ol crazy has to say ....well crazy says bring on the fanbase! :D

Honestly, i think it would be the best thing. Instead of waiting around for some answers and sending letters that will be sent back disregarded anyhow, we should use the talent that is in this forum for something more...deserving. Not that this whole project was a bust, but because this fanbase idea, to me, is better than waiting for a new season of tt to fall from the sky. We have ALOT of talent that can be used here, that has been sitting around and its time we put it to work.

Before the poll ''disappeared'', The votes were in favor of making our own fanbase and trying to fight for tt....but since the only thing we could do is send letters, which seem to have very little effect, we might as well just make our own tt. That way we can focus more on making our own tt, instead of wasting time with the letters....

And no we're not quitting. We're just shifting our efforts elsewhere. >.> XD

This has been ''Crazy's P.O.V'' :D lol

I totally agree with crazy, but like someone else said their are other groups out there. So what if we got in touch with them and had one BIG movement together? It would be alot of work and not many people are on this time of year because of school. Still, we would get more fan base too.
Music_Hero2779
Music_Hero2779

http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake 9/20/2009, 12:26 pm

Faust wrote:I hope they read the letter (if they read it at all) cause a lot of us worked hard on those letters.

Does "return to sender," unopened, not register with you?
Naked Snake
Naked Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire_02 9/20/2009, 2:23 pm

I really dont think we should "give up" or however you think of it because look at how far this project has come.. They are showing re-runs of Teen Titans and someone told me that Greg Cipes said that TT was back and that there was going to be a sixth season in 2010.. but first there was going to be a live action movie.. (I dont know if this is true, its just what I heard) But even if it isnt true, we cant just stop the project!! Okay, maybe the letter didnt really work out, but that just means that we have to find another way to keep this project alive. Isnt there anything else we can do??
Starfire_02
Starfire_02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 9/20/2009, 2:27 pm

aetitan414 wrote:I really dont think we should "give up" or however you think of it because look at how far this project has come.. They are showing re-runs of Teen Titans and someone told me that Greg Cipes said that TT was back and that there was going to be a sixth season in 2010.. but first there was going to be a live action movie.. (I dont know if this is true, its just what I heard) But even if it isnt true, we cant just stop the project!! Okay, maybe the letter didnt really work out, but that just means that we have to find another way to keep this project alive. Isnt there anything else we can do??

Besides making our own fanbase, there is nothing else. Making our own tt can have a bigger effect than you think. It might show wb tt fans are still out there...
Thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfire_02 9/20/2009, 2:36 pm

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
aetitan414 wrote:I really dont think we should "give up" or however you think of it because look at how far this project has come.. They are showing re-runs of Teen Titans and someone told me that Greg Cipes said that TT was back and that there was going to be a sixth season in 2010.. but first there was going to be a live action movie.. (I dont know if this is true, its just what I heard) But even if it isnt true, we cant just stop the project!! Okay, maybe the letter didnt really work out, but that just means that we have to find another way to keep this project alive. Isnt there anything else we can do??

Besides making our own fanbase, there is nothing else. Making our own tt can have a bigger effect than you think. It might show wb tt fans are still out there...

Okay but what will the fanbase havein it? Like, Fan-made stuff?
Starfire_02
Starfire_02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next