DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+7
Corvus31
redeagle321
Music_Hero2779
Quickfeather
Fishing4Infinity
Rinisa
Vandal
11 posters

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 32 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by redeagle321 5/8/2010, 9:42 pm

"Markovia is where Z and I were born. Small country, leftovers of the Cosnian Civial war." Cyrah explained. "But anyways, after all this is done, we'd lov eit if you guys came along!" Cyrah said, glad at the thought of soemone else joining them also. But she seemed to droop for a second at the job question. "I originally came along to make sure everyhting went ok... my first big job wa smaking sure Karmy was ok...." She said, not wanting to finish. it was pretty obvious she failed in THAT job.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/8/2010, 9:49 pm

"Oh!" Ivy realized. "None of this was your fault, if that's what you think. Nobody blames you. Poison Ivy is slick, enough to fool Karm anyway." She gently patted Cyrah on the shoulder. "And in the end, you did save Karm. Do you think Mercy would've made it to her without your distracting Poison Crap?" She assured.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/8/2010, 9:56 pm

"But if I was good enough... I should have been able to stop poision Ivy in the first place, that way she would never have been able to hurt Karmy in the first place." Cyrah sighed. kicking a can aside and slumping her shoulders.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/8/2010, 10:02 pm

(Gah sorry guys!)

"I believe this would be best if we were to talk in more... how should we call it... private location." Batman told Zero, Robin looking up in concern, and Zero shooting a thought of confusion judging by his eyebrows. The next thing anyone knew they were all sitting at an eloquently designed long table on the second floor of the Batcave, or Batbunker, whatever you prefer. Wintergreen has been preparing for an extra large dinner as the expecting guests waited. Batman felt strange sitting at the table with his costume on, but dinner hasn't yet been served so he felt it was okay. For now. As soon as dinner came he would take off his cowl. For sure. Maybe. Before him Batgirl, Robin, Alice, Karmy, Ivy, Zero, Luna, Cyrah, and Casius.

"Alright, as long as we're all here let's discuss what has happened in the past day. As you know I have been convicted for the murder of Commissioner James Gordon. I cannot assure you that I didn't, but I had been for the last day experiencing a light case of amnesia. I can't recount the past several hours before the murder. I will have you here know that I shared a special relationship with the commissioner and would never out of revenge spite anger or vengeance murder him. I have picked up a security tape at S.T.E.A.M's security system at the time of the murder. I assumed it could have been an illusion by one of the minds of Gotham, but that isn't possible since the cameras picked it up. Everyone's input is appretiated, even if you believe I am the murderer, tell me why I did it. I must know what was going on. If not I still need your help in solving this case." Batman said in a loud voice so everyone could hear.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/8/2010, 10:08 pm

Ivy gasped at the situation. Death was something not to be taken lightly, and she knew Batman knew that well. Much too well to have murdered Commissioner Gordon. Besides, those two were incredibly close, almost like a grandpa-grandchild relationship.

But what if Gordon asked for it? Or he was about to do something regretful? It could've been defense...

Or it may not even be Batman. How many other idiots had donned the cowl and tried to play the hero? It could be somebody with a specific hatred for Gordon. But that still didn't explain Batman's amnesia....

"Where were you headed when you woke up from the amnesia scene?" She finally asked.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/8/2010, 10:08 pm

"Well, heirin lies the question: WHY off the commisioner? What was he looking into before he got poped? If we knew WHAT, WHY could be easier to answer." Zero said in thought. Casius tilted back in his seat. "But acting suspicious and such is a good way to get fingers pointed, so perhaps going underground for a bit might be a good idea for you." Suggested Casius, remembering how he himself originally beleived it to be Batman. He still had a strong hunch it was still him as the evidence stacked against him, but he decided he needed more evidence before trying to haul him in a second time, or he was wrong altogether.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/8/2010, 10:27 pm

(Sorry I interrupted the conversation... XP)

"The murder was taken place where I was in a blindspot in the camera, and the police are assuming I did that on purpose. Of course if I was to murder someone I would have a knowledge of where the cameras are so of course that's against me. But I was heading for what I believe to be Jump City. Possibly to talk to Cyborg and Raven, they moved back last month. But then we were shot down, most likely by a Stinger missile, and even then we were going at such a high speed it would have been impossible if you weren't the best. I believe the shooter was Deadshot, but that's rather irrelevant unless he was working for the murderer.. Or the police.. Or something.. He's a hired assassin for those of you who don't know... Anyways that's where I got my amnesia from." Batman said in thought to the others.

"Oh and I don't know why they would want to get rid of Gordon in particular. He would be replaced by Flass who didn't want the position to begin with so it wasn't him."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 5/8/2010, 11:02 pm

An image of Edward materialized in the center of Gotham. The difference was that he looked...passable as a human; his hair wasn't filthy and mangled anymore, instead shining, golden and tied into a pony tail going down to his waist. His skin was no longer greasy, his prisoners garb now was replaced with a black business suit with purple buttons. His underweight, bony structure was gone, making him look more...normal. All in all, he looked like the kind of person you'd just pass by and ignore. Except that his eyes had no whites or pupils, of course, but he wore sunglasses over them. Of course, this was a simple illusion, E-Lu was simply in a sudden curious mood, watching the people scurry around the city for a while now.

Seab nodded his head before saying, "Alright then, take Hac though; it will be easier for me to go through the building myself."
He morphed into a hawk and flew to the top of the S.T.E.A.M. building. Once at the top he morphed back and started searching for an entrance. Hac gave a quick look at John before flying into the sky, he didn't usually spend much time in buildings with Seab anyways, but he wasn't going to spend it with a stranger either.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/8/2010, 11:05 pm

Patrol heavily guarded the scene of the crime...
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/8/2010, 11:08 pm

Karmy sat quietly twiddling her thumbs. She was all cleaned up and back in her old clothes and her head band helped keep the bandage on her head covered. She was only sitting quietly because well, hell, she didn't really know what was going on. "Psstt.. Mercy?" Karmy leaned over to Alice who was sitting next to her. "I don't know what to do."

(I seriously don't o0o)
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/8/2010, 11:24 pm

"Well we're just talking over his innocents... You want to listen in? Or I can give you a tour of the Batcave, though dinner will be here shortly and I'm scared you might try to hack into one of our vehicles when we need to stay low while the police are vigilant. Call me Alice.." Alice said to Karmy feeling antsy to get up and walk.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/8/2010, 11:28 pm

"You know I've been in the Batcave before right?" Karmy grinned. "One, I'm still gonna call you Mercy. And two." she snapped her fingers. "I'm already in the Batcave!"
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/8/2010, 11:33 pm

"Yeah... The Batcave. The second floor of the Batcave.. You've never been here before dude, this is a new location." Alice said with a smile, "But please... I don't like being called Mercy anymore." She said embarrassed. "I'd rather not think of two years ago."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/8/2010, 11:38 pm

"Pffttt fine." Karmy said crossing her arms. "But I'm not calling you Alice.. Thats to.. Formal." she shuddered and looked around the Batcave. "It seems.. Brighter then what I remember." she walked up to one of the tables. "Whats this?" she asked reaching for the object.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 5/8/2010, 11:40 pm

Edward walked through the city, or, in a more fitting term, fading in and out through the city, he'd take a step, vanish, reappear a block forward and repeat it. He had watched what was happening in the last few hours...or days...or weeks...or minutes, hell, he didn't even remember time anymore. But that wasn't the point here, he thought, he'd watched them all, the cyborg, the red headed plant wearing girl, the girl with the grenades, to name a few...he didn't have names for them all, of course, yet. But he'd watched them go to a mansion, for one, and he was keeping an eye on it, though not from inside it, he was waiting for them to come out...

Seab, finding a...entrance of sort; more of a ventilation hole, crawled through and was about to slide out, deciding the he didn't quite like the small space, when he noticed the patrol, just catching himself before he fell to the floor. He never doubted his ability in the slightest, but he knew he couldn't take out a group of armed guards alone. So here he, cursing, began thinking of what to do, hand twirling a blade in his hand while he was thinking.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/8/2010, 11:43 pm

Alice facepalmed. "That's cause you've never been here before..." She assured her. "And I have no idea what that is, you better just leave it be." Alice advised from her seat as the rest were still talking.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/9/2010, 12:00 am

"But.. its so.." Karmy was memorized by it. "Shiny!." she picked it up.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 5/9/2010, 2:15 am

It took Mame a hour and a half to rid herself of the sobs and shakes that tore through her tiny frame like a hot knife through butter. She had staggered to her feet in time to wander into an alley, right before the first patrol car screeched to a halt and turn down the ruined street.

Ignoring the dirty stick of her legs she climbed up a fire escape, hiccups still stuttering up from her constricting throat, her fingers digging into rusty meddle and filthy brick until she was pulling herself up over the ledge of the roof. Mame stumbled onto the gravel covered roof and looked up to the sky, the weight of her gun and money seemed so much heavier now, now that she was so defeated, it wouldn't last long of course, some stimulation she just couldn't stand, emotional anguish was one of them.

The blond staggered about for a bit before cracking her healing knuckles, she would roof hop for now, distract herself from the sobs she was gagging down. She tensed the lean muscles of her butchered legs and raced forward, eyes red and aching but totally focused on the next roof.

She took a leap of faith, planting her feet against the ledge of the building and closing her eyes, letting the cold chill whip through her as she spread her arms out, almost as if she would fly away into the red sky. She didn't, she landed on the ledge of the next building and continued running to the next ledge across the new roof. The momentary feeling as if her stomach was jumping up into her throat, that mid air stunt, almost made her forget about how very alone she was.

Mame wondered about Arkham, if she should go back, at least in there a doctor would ask her how she as everyday, someone was always watching her, making sure she was there, keeping her from fading into nonexistence. It was so nice in Arkham, other then the dreadful fear and the awkward group sessions, she had imagined a family in there, she missed it, but change was inevitable, and that frightened to poor youth more then anything else.

After hopping a few roofs, Mame climbed down another fire escape, dusting her dress off and rubbing the wet stains off her face. She walked out into the mostly empty streets, no one wanted to be around ground zero of the little metahuman tiff. She was pleased for this, she was getting strange looks from other pedestrians and much to her dismay, a cop car actually rolled up next to her and honked.

"Hey miss! Are you alright? You're pretty scraped up"
"M.....mmm"

The girl winced as her throat was so hoarse she couldn't get words out right away, but after she stopped walking she turned to look at the police officer and smiled weakly.

"M-my home is just down the block...I just want to get there, please"
"....Are you sure? I could drive you to the clinic up the block or"
"No....!No it's fine...thank you....I'll just go home"

With that said the cop shrugged and drove off, Mame was thankful for it. She was tired of offing all these random people, it was about time she pulled a planned hit, she needed that attention back before she disappeared. So she crossed the street and moved back towards the harbors, hailing another taxi and curling up in the back as she asked the Pakistani man to take her to warehouse 41-CN.

She slept the whole ride, her body shaking and sobbing every now and then, but the driver turned up his radio to drown her out so Mame was more or less pleased with the gentle stimulation of the mantras of the mans music.

After about ten minutes, it would have taken her hours to walk back to her HQ, she paid the man and waved him off, ignoring the movers taking things off of a freighter in front of her warehouse as they looked at her bloody form. She looked like she had just had a long day of work, and she had.

Mame opened the door to her warehouse and unzipped her coat, walking back to the nice little built in kitchen facility in the back of the warehouse near the elevated office. She hadn't cleaned the puke from earlier that day and it'd smell too much like bile for her to be able to sleep in it. So she picked the lock of the kitchen, set her jacket on the counter, locked the kitchen from the inside and curled up in the back corner of the room, behind the fridge.

And there she sobbed, hoarsely yelping out her loneliness as the dark of the room crushed in on her tiny pale frame. No one would save her from this, she had to do it on her own. Once again she found that was far more frightening then anything else she had every comprehended or conceived.

Mame was utterly, unbearably alone.
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/9/2010, 9:19 am

Alice slapped her hand, "Karmy, c'mon can you be serious for like two minutes?" She asked her in a whisper. "This is serious business, I can show you around but you have to promise not to touch anything.."

"What has an 'E' at the beginning and end, one letter, but that letter is not an 'E'?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/9/2010, 10:32 am

"Whatever." Karmy shrugged.

(he'll idk anymore. RP brain malfunction x_x)
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/9/2010, 10:44 am

(I honestly dunno what to post, but nice riddle Mercy!)

Astro awoke when a grungy old hobo tried to mug him. Astro handed him part of what little money he had out of pity. The hobo nodded in thanks, before clomping away.
"How long have I been asleep?" he wondered groggily aloud. He didn't really expect an answer, instead shrugging it off and standing up. He brushed himself free of any dirt he could. Filth. he thought with disgust. Add that to the list of things he needed: A hot shower.

He began to walk at a slow pace, a kind of saunter.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/9/2010, 11:11 am

"What has green skin but isn't Beast Boy, red hair but doesn't comb, hides in green houses for shelter, and covered in blood" The Riddler asked Poison Ivy twirling his question mark shaped cane around and hitting the ground with it. He gave a smirk as Poison Ivy looked at him unamused. "Oh come now! Its an easy one!" He pressured happily. "I'll even give you a clue!" She was still silent and it pestered him a bit. "Fine, you don't like that one? How about an easier one? What has a cape and cowl with a bounty of sixty million dollars?" He smirked devilishly.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/9/2010, 11:15 am

Poison Ivy rose an eyebrow. "We both know who that is. Riddle is, why the hell are you bothering me about him?" The villainess snapped, still sore about the whole Quinn incident. She pet a nearby plant, a small, growing azalea bush.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/9/2010, 11:27 am

"Well all I'm saying is how if you noticed, Gotham has been trying to be more greeeeeen and planting trees all over the place. I couldn't help but think of you when they try to be more, oh how should we say, environmentally friendly? Oh yeah, the liberals and tree huggers has been pressuring Gotham to be more green. I can care less about it, but ever since I've been coming up with a plan to finally get the Bat. What do you say? Wanna turn the city into a forest?" The Riddler said walking closer to her. "Though you look pretty banged up, what happened? You got processed through a lawn mower or something?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/9/2010, 11:47 am

Poison Ivy gritted her teeth. "What happened is none of your business, Riddler. Turning the city into a forest....it's an appealing idea." She replied. But how could Riddler help her do that? He was a bright man, that was for sure, but it was Batman. "What would your bright idea be?" she asked, not wanting to get into something without the facts first.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next