DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+5
Tizmael
Corvus31
redeagle321
Vandal
Fishing4Infinity
9 posters

Page 28 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 28 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by redeagle321 5/25/2010, 4:39 pm

"I saw in the girl's mind that you were alive, I just didn't expect you to come so soon- and in broad daylight, mind you." Metalo said, his glare on Batman, a hint of suprise in his voice. "Have to admit, i'm suprised you stayed in gotham at all after our last little.... encounter." Metallo said with an unpleasant sneer, the plates over his vital core closing shut. "You've met this mook?" Zero asked Batman, keeping an energy sphere trained on Metallo.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 5/25/2010, 4:44 pm

Mame ignored the strange anger that boiled up in her at being brushed aside by Slade so easily, but she was just as curious to see what the ruckus was as he as, if not a bit more for the sake of her childish maturity level. However when she caught sight of the fight she nearly jolted out into the light, her fists clenched as she let out a soft snarl of contempt.

She didn't know these people but her previous fit was just boiling down and she felt she had to exert her dominance ( So to speak) But she kept herself in check, playing off her sudden jolt forward as a stumble, clearing her throat as she intently watched the battle. So far Mr. Roboto was beating the crap out of blondie-Loui-who and Hippe Mcgee, and Zaff Branigork. From what the psychotic could tell she was suppose to be rooting for Mr.Roboto, she liked his shiny parts so that was no problem.

It wasn't until a familiar cowled vigilante darted into the scene to save Blondie-Loui-who, that Mame let out another angered snarl and pulled her pistol out from the deep pocket of her jump suit. Her eyes wide, her brain fizzling like a lightbulb dropped in a vat of acidic fluid. Her breaths came out in short bursts, her deranged brain stuck, clicking on one particularly abused gear.

It was Batman. It was Batman. It was Batman.

Mame's hands shook hard as her thumb clicked off the safety to the pistol, her eyes jittering in her skull as if the connection between her brain and her optics was faulty. Her dull canines ground together as she took a defensive position at Slades side within the shadows. If there was one thing she knew about the Bat, one minuet detail that made her part of the gallery of rouges simply from natural instinct it was this.

Batman knew where you were. Always!

In Mames abused mind, their position and plans were compromised simply from being able to see these wannabe heroes and Batman.
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 5/25/2010, 4:55 pm

"Geez....toughy aren't ya?" Crimson said. he then formed two energy spheres in his hands, pressed them to gether, said "Chew on this!" and fired a blast at metalo's head about the size of a subway tunnel.

And then Nano ran to crimson as he was firing his attack. "What the hell is going on here?!" Nano yelled. "What do you think?" Crimson said sarcastically. "Go give some of those other guys some coverfire will ya?" Crimson ordered. Nano nodded in approval then went over to karmey's side and let off several blasts from his arm cannon.

Crimson desparately hoped that metallo wouldn't notice his brother.
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/25/2010, 4:55 pm

"I've never met him in my live Zero..." Batman said taking a step back, "He must be speaking of Bruce." He muttered in a low tone, Batman's main focus was on Metallo, he couldn't hear the sirens and he couldn't see anything but the giant man made of metal. He was open. "Hey! I don't know if you heard me the first time, but we have got to jet, Pixie Boots!" Batgirl pressured, Robin waiting in the sidelines; disk drawn and ready to be thrown at any given moment.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/25/2010, 5:00 pm

Slade sneered. Mame hated, tangibly HATED Batman. And what luck- they remained unkown as Metalo carved into the heroes. Oh, he was going to milk this opportunity dry. He knew one thing Batman loved more than pursuing villains- pursuing DEAD villains. "Have your gun ready my dear- for your next training mission, we're going to kill Batman."

Slade emerged from the shadows the morning sun cast upon the buildings, near where Batman and the other's were. Zero saw him first, and the color drained from his face. "Well well well, a menagerie of people I hate. Is it my birthday already?" Slade asked snideley.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 5/25/2010, 5:12 pm

Mame yipped slightly as Slade hopped out into view, weren't they trying to sneak?! THIS WAS THE OPPOSITE OF SNEAKING!

But this was a perfect opportunity wasn't it? She could kill Batman, kill them all, prove herself to Slade...Wait...Was this a test? Was he wanting to see what she could do? But there were so many heroes, so many explosions and things to distract her...Could she take the shot?

No, the bad guys never won, ever.

Mame stayed where she was, clutching her gun within the shadows, an unknown variable to a horrible situation, she'd wait for things to get bad, then she'd take the shot, kill the Bat. Even if she knew she would fail, futility was something she specialized in, even fake hope was better then no hope.

The blond felt her body throb as the anticipation worked its way through her blood stream, her eyes watering ever so slightly as her mind concocted scenarios that involved Slade dying, every scene he died, every time. She was doomed to fail, but was too crazy to care or recognize it as something she should worry about, she wanted to protect, to keep and maintain.

She had just earned a new father, she couldn't lose him now!

Last edited by Mame on 5/25/2010, 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/25/2010, 5:13 pm

"Slade!" Alice said stepping back in shock, for once all she could hear was the cool breeze and the silence of the air. Birds must be dead or something. She had also had spotted Mame, pointing a small caliber handgun at Batman. Deciding not to say anything yet, she knew Batman's bullet proof vest would do him good, a shot might make him more aware, and yet. And yet.

Batman snapped his head at Slade, "Dammit, don't you ever die?" He asked clenching his fists.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/25/2010, 5:25 pm

"Sorry, afraid I don't. Especially when we have so much to catch up on....." Slade said, drawing a staff. He knew Batman-the Bruce Wayne Batman- was long dead. No, this was someone else, someone that was close to batman in order to take up the cowl- and he didn't need to be as smart as he was to figure out the rest of the riddle. "... Robin." He needed to get batman to go into that old frenzy he used to go into during his titan days. If he could get him to pursue him away from his little Bat clan, him and Mame could take him.
He hoped.

Metallo saw a delicious opportunity here. The appearance of Deathstroke oppened up a major opportunity to strike, and he would be a fool to pass it up. He took aim at Alice, and fired with his eyebeams.....
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/25/2010, 5:34 pm

"Batm-!" She was blasted and flew through an apartment window on the third floor, "Alice! What the hell?" Batman screamed out of astonishment, "I got her!" Batgirl said springing into action. "HEY C3PO!" Karmy said getting his attention and coming out of hiding, "No one messes with Merc but me!" She said snapping his fingers and creating a portal under his feet (I'm scared where to portal him but Karmy just told me to post something for her). Batman pulled out Batarangs, "What's this, you recognize my voice or something?" He asked aiming them at Slade. How acid pumped through his veins, how he wanted to off him here and now. "You're... a robot too?" Batman asked noticing the footsteps he was making didn't sound human.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/25/2010, 5:56 pm

"Not entireley, but make no mistake- I am the genuine article." Slade said, pacing Batman like a pradator aorund it's prey. "And besides, dosen't take much to put 2 and 2 together to realize who the man under the cowl was." Slade said in a know-it-all fashion. "But that's all it is- under that cowl I still see the same 15 year old boy struggling to find out my name." Slade taunted.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/25/2010, 6:00 pm

Ivy jumped slightly at the distress call. Great. Lord knows who they could be fighting now. What if it was the villainous trio...now quartet? If it was, it could be a trap to lure them all out of the Batcave. It couldn't be, there were still a few people in the cave. Enough to defend it, if it were a trap.

It was with that in mind that she had rushed to the crime scene. And now, in her wind form, she stood nearly invisible over the roof of a building where Mame was still concealed in. She didn't notice the psycho blonde with the gun. More the villain who had died years ago. "Slade." she whispered, eyes widening and mind reeling.
---
Poison Ivy held the green chemical between her forefinger and thumb, carefully up to the light. "Very good," She praised, her eyes not moving from the liquid swishing inside. "Very good, Astro." She tucked it into her pocket. Now, to find a suitable plant...

Astro just smiled.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/25/2010, 7:18 pm

Slade cast a glance at Nicole. Huh, another Robin. Oh well, 'twas to be expected. From years of experience, he knew he was being watched. And having built in radars and detectors were a hefty bonus for this new body. Well, he knew how too push Ivy's button and get her out of the radar. Like a hammer, he brought his fist crashing into Zero's gut, propeling him backwards and cauging him to cough up a trace amout of blade. He glanced at the new Robin. "My dear, I am-" he steped over Zero's unconcious form. "-Slade." He hissed.

Metallo droped on the outskirts of town. "Damn punks.... i'll skin 'em alive for this." He mumbled. He was also intruiged that Batman didn't recognize him- it wa sonly a few days ago, not even someone as busy as Batman could forget him THIS quickly. Oh well. The metal of his body churned and shifted into what could best be described as a sportscar, and he casually pulled onto a highway back towards Gotham...
[No, he is NOT a decepticon]
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/25/2010, 7:28 pm

Batman had never told Robin about his obsession about Slade, he had never told her any adventure he had against him with the Titans. He was always trying his hardest to get him out of his mind, and when he finally did, old dreams come back to haunt him. He never did stop Slade when he had first left Jump City to do global patrol, and he never did hope to hear of him again. He had heard that he was murdered by Alice's associate, Rift—with a grenade that Slade gave him to off Rift. No wonder he killed Slade. Then when he came back as a Black Lantern operative, Batman thought that once a Black Lantern died that was it. That must mean his ring must still be in tact. Nevertheless he, never taking his eyes off of Slade said to Robin, "Lets just say he's my Joker." Batman told her.

Batgirl shot her grapple to the third floor and explored it calling Alice's name. "Alice? Where are ya?" She heard the moan of what sounded like Alice. She turned a corner and saw a hole in the ceiling. Alice must have went through the window out the ceiling hit the 4th floor ceiling and landed on the 4th floor. "Al? Are you up there?" She called, running on the wall hoisting herself up to inspect. "Oh my god! Are you okay?" Batgirl asked attending to her friend. "I'm fine," she said holding her head, "next time I run into someone with my car, I'm just gonna keep driving." Alice muttered. "Crap come on!" Batgirl said helping her up.

The police arrived, five cars of them; they opened up the doors at the scene pulling their handguns out screaming at the heroes and villains. "Put your hands up! Stay where you are! Down on the ground! Or we will fire on you!" They screamed. Batman turned his head to look at the police, several of them were calling in for backup, the sound of helicopters could be heard. He turned back to face Slade who seemed to basically ignore the police and kept circling him. "I said down on the ground!" They screamed.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/25/2010, 7:43 pm

Slade seemed to ignore the cops- he had pulled tighter escapes than this. And since this wasn't Jump city, it would take some time for the police to register who he was. "Take your pick, batman- play with the police, or come and get me." Slade said/taunted, dashing back intot he shadows, seeming to melt right out of existence as him and Mame navigated the shadows of the city...
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/25/2010, 7:48 pm

"Zero!" Ivy yelped, almost coming out of her wind form. But it was then that she saw the police. She couldn't do it then, not with the police on their rears. An invisible ally would be helpful right then. She floated down, landing behind all the police officers. She made herself visible for a moment, asking with hand motions whether to attack or not. She then resumed her wind phase.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/25/2010, 8:03 pm

"Wait!" Batman screamed, "Down on the ground now!!" The police yelled at Batman and Robin. He looked at her looked at Zero. He needed to get out of this pickle and fast, he needed to go after Slade. He hoped Zero understood, he was going to be drastic now; he looked at Robin. "We're going to make a break for it..." He told her holding his hands up behind his head, secretly contacting Batgirl. "We've been compromised, how's Alice?"
"She's fine, what do you want me to do?"
"Go after Slade, we'll be right behind you."
"And the police?"
"That's why we have Zero and Karmy."
"Gotcha we're Oscar Mike."

The police came up to Batman and Robin surrounding them, he looked at Robin for a split second. "GO!"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/25/2010, 8:30 pm

Batman tapped Robin from behind. "Come on let's go." He said running off, hopefully Zero, Karmy, and Ivy caught on. They move quickly.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/25/2010, 8:38 pm

Zero slowly came to, clutching his gut.... at gunpoint. 'If I see my FORMER sensei, I'm gonna get him for this.' Zero thought grumpily. He never saw Ivy go visible, so for all he could tell, he was alone, and surounded by police. This did NOT look good...

Slade dashed about the shadows, leading Batman to the most appropriate place he could think of: The theater where the original Batman had been killed by Redeemer a few years ago. It was the most ironic place to have this fateful showdown as far as he could tell...
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/25/2010, 8:41 pm

Ivy had caught on, relieved they hadn't had to fight the police. Her vague flickering outline neared the now conscious Zero. She gently laid a hand on his shoulder, whispering so the police wouldn't hear, "Come on." She took his wrist and pulled it in the direction Batman and Robin had left him. Hoping he got the message, she followed Batman and Robin, pausing halfway to make sure Zero was following.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael 5/25/2010, 8:54 pm

Mame had followed Slade wordlessly, without revealing her position openly, she wanted to remain anonymous. The gun she had pulled out had never really aimed at anyone, only because the blond that her impulsive nature wouldn't allow her to a point a gun and not fire it. She wished Mr.Roboto had done a better job of beating the good guys, and that Slade hadn't revealed himself.

She'd talk to him about it later, for now Mame merely ghosted the steps of the device which contained her mentor, gun stashed back within the pockets of her jump suit after setting it on safety. She wanted to be unknown by Batman, by his little team, she felt like they were going up against the justice league, overwhelmed and nervous. She had no idea where Slade was leading her but she assumed he was still aware she was there, if he had forgotten her...She would just put the barrel of her gun into her ear and blow her brains out the other side.

Her bare feet smacked against the mucky ally ground, a thin trickle of sweat sliding down her neck as she struggled to keep up with Slade, he was almost constantly out of her line of sight, and if he hadn't been popping back into it every now and then she'd have been lost, at the mercy of the enemies that they now shared.

Anyone who wanted to hurt Slade wanted to hurt her family, and they would die slow agonizing deaths for the mere aggression they displayed towards the charismatic arachnid.
Tizmael
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra 5/25/2010, 9:43 pm

Name-Tara
Age-19
Alias-Aurora

Appearance
The Darkest of Knights - Page 28 Hailst10
General: A free-spirited and sweet girl, trying to realize the full potential of her powers.

Abilities
The ability to shoot fire and lightning from her fingertips; she can also calm flames. Her power grows in storms and weakens somewhat during the day. She is also familiar with martial arts, so she can fight up close and personal.

Strengths: Determination, bravery, agility, precision, kindness, humility

Weaknesses: Fear of her powers, overconfidence, stupidity (at times)

Likes: Adventure, winning, challenges, relaxing, being random

Dislikes: Bad jokes, boredom, idleness, losing, her past

Bio:
Tara was born into an evil family. With abusive and drunkard parents, her childhood was terrible. With her and her parents' discovery of her powers, her life turned for the worse as they ridiculed her, calling her a freak. After she turned 15, she had had enough, and ran away from home. Lost, alone, and afraid in the wilderness, Tara wandered aimlessly searching for a home and a purpose. When she heard of the Teen Titans and their exploits, she finally realized that she could use her powers to fight evil. She now roams Gotham City, trying to fit in as a Teen Titan.

(Thank you Mercy! :D)
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/25/2010, 9:56 pm

Batman kicked the door open to the theatre. He hasn't been here in two years, and its been scheduled for demolition years before The Original Batman had been brutally murdered, Batgirl and Alice came trailing behind Batman and Robin. "Where did he go?" Batgirl asked, Alice shut the doors behind them. It was quiet; the sun bled through the cracks in the ceiling and boarded windows. The theatre was enormous and empty, "Everyone keep close to me, and keep your eyes peeled for anything suspicious." He whispered to them as they walked closer to the stage.

Last edited by Mercy on 5/25/2010, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/25/2010, 10:05 pm

(Is everyone with Batman o_O?)
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/25/2010, 10:15 pm

(The Batman Family, Slade and Mame are in the Theatre, Zero and Ivy are hot on their trail, Karmy I'm assuming since she's not with the Zero anymore is with the police Luna and John are on their way to the police Crimson and Nano are .... Somewhere. Also assuming they're with the police. Uhhhhhhhh... Yeah o_o)
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/25/2010, 10:20 pm

(Wait... What?! She was arrested?!)
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down