DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkest of Knights

+5
Tizmael
Corvus31
redeagle321
Vandal
Fishing4Infinity
9 posters

Page 21 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Darkest of Knights - Page 21 Empty Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Rinisa 5/22/2010, 12:10 am

Astro smiled. What a bright guy! "Well, I'll tell you thi--" He was cut short by Poison Ivy.
"Ignore Riddler, and just tell us. Why are you coming for us?" She asked in somewhat of a cruel hiss.
"I came to help you."
"With what?"
"Capturing Batman."
"Why?"
"He's a villain, you're heroes. He needs to be taken down."
"Mhmm...and, you don't want any of the money?"
"Not at all."

Poison Ivy flashed a knowing glance at the other two villains. This confused boy thought they were heroes, he wanted to capture Batman and, most delightfully, he didn't want any of the money. Her look spread the message to them, Let him join us? Although it was quite clear she was alright with fooling the boy into joining their leagues.
---
Ivy's smile grew. "This is great. We were so worried about them, but I'm sure you can patch them right up!" she exclaimed with a small squeal.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/22/2010, 12:31 am

The Mad Hatter still had a task to complete, and he would, with or without the assistance from a mind controlled pawn. Using the information that he had received from Karmy's mind, he easily slipped into the Batcave unnoticed. He walked down the halls, knowing exactly where he was going, he twirled a piece of rope in his hands. He came upon the exact door her was looking for and quietly slipped in.

Barbara slept peacefully in her bed as Mad Hatter slowly got to work. He pulled one of the chairs from besides her bed up and set it in the middle of the room, right in front of the bed. Standing up on the chair, he pulled out the rope and set it up. With a grin, he stepped down and made his next move.

He stood over Barbara and gently shook her awake. "Wakey wakey my dear."

Barbara opened her eyes wearily and looked up at the blurred figure. "Bruce?" she asked as her eyes tried to focus.

"Guess again." grinned the Mad Hatter, and before she could scream, he roughly covered her mouth with his hand. In her weakened condition, she stood no chance against the older man, but she still struggled. "Calm down little one." he back handed her hard across the face, dazing her.

"Death is quite relaxing."

Picking her dazed for up, he stood her up on the chair, still keeping a grip on her so she wouldn't fall. Well, not just yet anyways. He slipped the noose around her neck, tied her hands behind her back and lightly patted her cheek, getting her attention. "I think you would just love to be awake for this."

Immediately, Barbara woke up fully once she realized the position she was in. Teetering slightly, she tried to keep her balance. "Once you and Batman are out of the way." Mad Hatter said, looking up at Barbara. "Alice will be so broken hearten, that she will lose her mind. Oh how wonderful would that be!? Then I can sweep in and sway her, showing her that our love is undeniable. We shall be together at last!" he said, getting a far away look on his face.

"You're mad!" Barbara shouted.

He spun around and grinned at her. "Mad as a hatter!" and he kicked out the chair from underneath her and ran off into the night.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/22/2010, 12:33 am

( *Eye twitches* I'm sorry, this epic is too much for the epic meter. Please hang up, and try again later.)
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/22/2010, 12:57 am

The air from her lungs escaped her, Barbara's eyes were clenched so tightly she thought they would burst on the uncontrolable pressure being applied to it, her only vision was a red blur from the light passing through her bloodshot eyelids. The noose around her neck tightened the more she struggled. Her legs felt nothing but the air as she kicked constantly in hopes that she could drag the chair back under her feet, though deep inside her mind she knew it was a hopeless attempt. Barbara felt not only saliva spill from her mouth, but warm blood. She knew that her internal bleeding was kicking in. Her hands completely bound together felt tighter than before, the blood rushing through and clogging. Gagging on her own blood she could no longer cry for help, only pray that someone, anyone would save her. Tears rolling from the sheer pain she decided that her last moment on earth would be a happy one. She thought back, trying to dig deeper into her mind to reach the thought she so desperately wanted to reach before she could no longer breath. She was panicing that she couldn't find it in time, and when she stopped moving she couldn't, and she rested, dangling.

A batarang cut the noose and Barbara fell into her pool of tears, saliva, and blood, motionless, the noose still around her delicate neck. "Barbara!!" Dick yelled running to her side supporting her in his arms. "Barbara..." He looked at her fear dwelling deeply in his eyes and voice, he gently cupped her head with his hand and made her face him. "C'mon Barbara, speak to me. Say something, dammit." He was about to bawl over her, he felt for a pulse but then she coughed up blood. She kept coughing, shaking her head slightly. "Oh god, you're okay..." Dick sighed in relief, "oh... thank God."
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/22/2010, 1:06 am

"Of course we're heroes!!" The Riddler exclaimed, winking at the newcomer. He grabbed Poison Ivy and The Scarecrow together in a group hug, he being in the middle. "We're a team called The Midnight Riders!! We fight for truth justice and all that crap! Wanna join?" He smiled. "The Midnight Riders?" The Scarecrow muttered to The Riddler, "Just go with it.." He muttered back.

"Okay?! You think I'm okay? I was just getting hung from a noose bleeding out of my mouth and you think I'm okay?! What the fu-" Barbara coughed up more blood, "Oh great! Just great!" She pouted angrily in Dick's arms who was smiling, "Glad to see you're alive Barbara." He said embracing her in a hug.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/22/2010, 1:12 am

"Of course I can!" Dawn said walking their way. "Only if she says so though. If one does not want to be healed, then that's their choice. Where are these people's anyways? You coming Casp?" she asked. "Nah, I'm gonna take a stroll." and he got up and walked off.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/22/2010, 1:20 am

"Well..." Alice remarked looking at Caspian stroll off strumming his guitar and singing lyrics that sounded a lot like Karmy's awkward vocabulary. "They're in the Batcave." She said hesitantly, "You have to understand that The Batcave is comparatively secret grounds to Dick." Alice explained though she and Ivy were walking to the entrance of the Batcave. "You have to promise to keep this a secret... Deal?"
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/22/2010, 1:24 am

"Deal. Besides, I have no need to tell anyone else." she grinned and followed Alice and Ivy in.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/22/2010, 2:30 am

Alice led her into the Batcave, took an elevator to the first floor which had the Medical Bay, Wintergreen and Nicole were resting and asleep. "These two were badly injured, I think you should treat them first." Alice said still unaware of Barbara's hanging, "Batgirl was beaten yesterday. She's been recovering, taking it easy." She informed Dawn.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/22/2010, 8:03 am

"If they want to be healed, they need to be awake." Dawn said pulling up a chair next to Nicole's bed. Sitting down, she leaned forward and examined Nicole's head injury. "Hmm.. Nicole? You awake hon?" she shook her shoulder lightly. Once she was awake, if just barely, Dawn smiled. "Would you like to be healed?" she asked. Obviously getting a 'yes' response, Dawn placed her hands on Nicole's bandaged head. A soft white glow came from her hands and surrounded Nicole's head. After a few moments, the light died down and she moved onto Wintergreen next while Nicole examined her healed wounds. Asking Wintergreen the same question, Dawn healed him as well. "So!" Dawn said, getting up while Wintergreen examined his non existent wounds. "Anyone else?" she asked Alice.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/22/2010, 8:06 am

"Still..." Karmy said leaning heavily on Cyrah now. Her head was spinning badly now but, she honestly didn't care. After everything that has happened, death would be a sweet release. "Thanks Cy.. But, I just don't ever see that happening. " she wearily muttered.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/22/2010, 8:14 am

Ivy watched Dawn work her magic in amazement. Almost as if she was supposed to clap for the show. All she did was smile, and gave a whisper-cheer, "Go Dawn!"
===
Astro gasped. The Midnight Riders was a name that had popped up several times. What was the name of the leader? He struggled to recall the many civilian conversations he had overheard. After a few seconds of rapid thinking, it came to him. Ivy! That must be -he glanced at the scowling Poison Ivy struggle from the hug- her!

So this must be the team. No tricks, no frauds. This was the real deal. He smiled at the offer, replying, "I would....love to." Maybe he hadn't just found a team, but a real home.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/22/2010, 9:10 am

Zero, blandly bored out of his skull, decided to go and find Ivy. However, when he found her, he found that they had some... one with them. And a healer at that. 'There goes my spot as team healer.' he said to himself as he approached. But he didn't mind all that much, he wasn't adept witht her skill anyways. He slid right next to Ivy and planted a quick smooch on her cheek. "Hey Dollface. Who're the new guys?" He asked.

Cyrah found a bench and helped Karmy sit down. She recognized it faintly as the one she bled all over after she fought Nigthstalker's Lantern two years ago. "Hey, if anything, you know you can count on me, right?" Cyrah said to Karmy.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/22/2010, 9:31 am

(I forgot Z could heal, too xD )

Ivy went on tiptoe and pecked Zero back on the cheek. The nickname was used so often it wasn't annoying any more. "Karm's friends, the Insomnios." She explained. "The healer is Dawn, guitar guy is Caspian. Somebody should go tell Karm. They're both alright, no harm done..." Her voice trailed off into the silence of the room.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/22/2010, 9:53 am

"Well, Karms and sis went for a walk, I think some alone time might do them a bit of good. Plus, Karms has been having a rough few days back in Gotham, she might need a little alone time with Sar." Zero said, resting his head atop Ivy's.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/22/2010, 10:32 am

"Barbara," Alice said "she's in the other room. We may have to wake her up too." She explained leading her into the clinic. "So how did you hear we needed help?" She asked opening the door and looking in shock, Barbara, covered in blood in a pool of blood and saliva in the arms of Dick with the noose still around her neck, they were softly talking to each other. "Babs?! Dick?! What the hell happened!?" She asked still shocked. "Hey, its that girl..." Dick said ignoring Alice, "What? There's a girl?" Barbara asked her eyes half closed and looking at Dick.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/22/2010, 11:00 am

Ivy glanced at the disgusting scene and almost lost her lunch. Never had she seen so much blood and puke at once. But, she noted happily, Barbara was still breathing Dawn cold patch her up. Still, though, the noose was creepy. A small gust of wind floated the noose upwards, over Barbara's head, and carefully onto the nearby desk. Ivy didn't want her fingerprints on it.

"Mad Hatter?" She asked.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/22/2010, 11:23 am

Zero winced at the gross scene, making a disgusted face. he had seen blood mroe times than he cared to share, but that didn't make it any more enjoyable. He put his hand into the position he used to heal and clean up debris. "You need my help Dawn, or do you got this?" He asked.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/22/2010, 11:36 am

"Richie Rich!" Dawn smiled, walking up to Dick and Barbara. "Well Matthew, I would love some help!" she waved him over. "I'll cover her internal bleeding, you wanna deal with the other injuries?" she placed her hands over Barbara's stomach.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 5/22/2010, 11:40 am

"Who is Mathew?" Zero asked, genuineley confused. "No clue who that is, but I can help if you want?" Zero offered. Who was Mathew again? THe name sounded familiar, but... oh. He suddenly realized his mistake. "Never mind, I'm coming. I SHOULD ask how you know my name better than I do, but meh." he said, using his healing power.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/22/2010, 11:58 am

"Yeah.." Karmy said, her eyelids growing heavy. "You're one of the only people I can trust.. Thank's Cyssy." she started to sway on the bench. It was pretty obvious she shouldn't have gone out. At least not with the major head damage she had received recently. "I'm just gonna.." she passed out.

"Oh right." Dawn laughed nervously as she worked. "Karmy's told us all about you guy's. And don't worry, we know how to keep our mouths shut." she was just about finished healing Barbara. "When we need to of course. "
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/22/2010, 12:26 pm

Alice—upon seeing the site—fainted. When Barbara was fully healed she opened her eyes she saw Dick looking into her eyes, he had been worrying for her and she could tell, Barbara couldn't help but wipe the blood from her mouth and kiss him. "I taste your blood." He said in between kisses. "I don't care.." she responded back. Everyone couldn't help but feel awkward.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 5/22/2010, 12:33 pm

"Oh snap!" Caspian shouted and ran over to Dawn. "Batman's about to get it on!" and he scooped up Dawn and ran out of the Batcave.
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 5/22/2010, 2:19 pm

(I've got no clue how to get Ivy to react to that. So....)

Poison Ivy shook her head internally. What a misguided child. He made it so easy to manipulate him. In fact, she realized, she could send him on a few errands for her. But first....."What do you do, Astro?" she asked, with sincere curiosity.

Astro shuffled his feet. "Energy blasts. Astral projection. Telepathy. Healing." he stated, not wanting to sound like he was bragging. To demonstrate, his right hand grew a swirling light blue orb in it's palm. He held it out for them to see. "The energy is chi. Life energy. I-I suck it out of the life around me." He panicked. "But it grows back! Slowly, but the energy grows back! I'm not doing any harm." He insisted, wanting to be on the team terribly. What if they thought he was bad for taking life energy? What if they shunned him?

"Hmm." was all Poison Ivy said. Astro didn't dare use telepathy to intrude her mind.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 5/22/2010, 2:26 pm

After getting cleaned up and organizing everything The Batman Family, The Roper Family, and The Midnight Riders gathered in the dinner table. Food had been spread out for eating prepared by Wintergreen, Dick finished creating a new lock and code for the Batcave (Or Batbunker.... hell I dunno.) He had taken advice from Cyborg who suggested him to get an optical scan as well as voice command and finger print. He also installed a weight scan (the ground beneath has a scale to measure the exact weight of the person.) He now sat down a long table with the members sitting on each side. Alice felt that Karmy and Cyrah gone, the table felt more empty.

"What are we going to do about The Mad Hatter?" Batman asked, "He said he has this dying love for Alice. Should we put her under complete protection until this whole storm passes?" Batgirl asked. "We have to locate and take him down. I've been doing some advanced searches on the computer. The man's a proverbial ghost." Batman speculated.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next