DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Sun

+3
Fishing4Infinity
Corvus31
Quickfeather
7 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Sixth Sun - Page 5 Empty Re: The Sixth Sun

Post by Rinisa 6/8/2010, 8:01 pm

"I'll explain later. I can't talk for a half hour, alright?" Meena whispered back. By then, her ability would return. But by then, it would probably be too late. Oh well. If a man pulls out a gun during your first hour in a new town, any skills you have will come in handy. For now, she backed away slightly from Deathstroke and Halek.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/8/2010, 11:55 pm

"We so need to talk after this..." Jack whispered, utterly confused as to why Meena was suddenly going quiet.
"But, you think we should leave these two to their business?" he asked; he wasn't quite the hero type when it came to these kind of situations.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/9/2010, 12:30 am

"Your uncle? He died or something..?" Overwatch prodded noticing her blatant stutter.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/9/2010, 12:35 am

"I don't want to to talk about it." Airwave said, bringing her knees up to her chest. "The past is the past, nothing to look forward to but the future. Speaking of which, how long till we get there? Just askin' of course."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/9/2010, 9:00 am

Meena nodded to signal should would explain, and at Jack's next sentence made no movement. She really did want to help people, but something told her that even with miming, she couldn't defeat Guns-for-Brains over here. Grudgingly, she nodded again, slowly backing up to retreat.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 6/9/2010, 9:51 am

"Oh,....you don't want to play that card gramps...." Halek said. With that he put away all but two of his knives and, with blinding speed, jabbed the other two right into his gun, blocking off the barrel and firing mechanism. "I just had a nice day gramps, dont screw it up, okay?"

With that, he sat down on the street curb, grabbed some powder from a small pouch he had and threw it up in the air. the dust seeming to float in mid air, turned into a small comet that zommed around him, and darted left and right. "Sorry bout' the gun gramps" Halek said as he tured around and began to walk by slade and jack.
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/9/2010, 10:24 am

"You little @#$%, you bust my weapon and- ooooooh!" Slade's next weapon would be his broadsword, but he decided to kill him in the middle of the streets would be bad taste. "I'll remember you." Slade threatened, and seperated himself from the pest as quickly as possible.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal 6/9/2010, 11:53 am

"The Captain said its gonna be a long flight. We're making a pitstop at Texas. San Fran is pretty far. We'll get there about 4am tomorrow. You should write in your jounal and get some sleep." Overwatch suggested.
Vandal
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/9/2010, 1:25 pm

Jack raised an eyebrow at the two suddenly dispersing. He noticed Meena's reluctance.
"So...are you a hero-type then?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Wait...sorry. I've got something you could write with in there..." he muttered a bit absently as he reached his van. He opened the door, revealing the computers and indescribable-home-brew-junk inside, and hopped in, leaving the door open as he fumbled around, looking for a pad and pen.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/9/2010, 1:46 pm

Meena hesitated on going inside the van. It was something she had always learned, never go in the car with strangers. Although, a smirk tugged at her lips, she probably could kick Jack's rear end. With that in mind, the mime carefully stepped into the van to help search for a notebook and pen. She found one, although the pen was a little sticky, she noticed in disgust.

Hero type? Trying to be. she scrawled.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/9/2010, 2:48 pm

"Oh...that explains a bit." Jack said, putting everything back in order now that the pad was found. Er, more orderly anyways; the van looked like a technology graveyard.
"But, uh, not to be rude...but what's with the sudden silent treatment?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/9/2010, 3:06 pm

Meena gave what she hoped was an apologetic expression. She scribbled some more, then showed him the notepad.

I actually mime things. But only when I'm quiet. I'll show you. Time?

It was a vague explanation, but she never did like writing much. It being her only real way to communicate, unless people want to play mime charades, she wrote fast and neatly. But it was still a pain.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/9/2010, 5:34 pm

Jack, still wondering what time had to do with this, looked at the clock on one of the screens in front of him.
"About...ten 'o clock." he said in a curious tone.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/9/2010, 8:46 pm

Meena nodded, gesturing for Jack to follow her outside the van. About an hour had past, her skill had returned. Testing this, she placed her hands in front of her in an attempt to create a wall. To her satisfaction, a solid invisible wall was then created. She expanded it a bit, turning and waving at Jack to touch the wall.

She picked up the notepad and wrote again.
When I talk, I can't mime for an hour. 3 at most. Mime stuff invisible but there.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/9/2010, 9:48 pm

Jack, still confused looking, stepped forward to where Meena was beckoning and bumped into the wall.
"What the..." he muttered, tapping on the wall and feeling it, but not seeing it. He turned around to read what Meena had written on the note-pad, then turned back to the wall.
"Ok...that is cool..." he muttered, shaking his head, smiling and stepping back to the van. He clapped his hands together.
"Well, if that's the case I feel a lot less insulted." he said, smiling and climbing back into the van.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/9/2010, 10:22 pm

Meena grinned, nodding apologetically. She wrote on the notepad.

E.V.I. Inc.?

Now she was quite curious. Jack's broadcast was cut off far enough for her dying to know more. Disappearances? Evil? What the hell goes on at E.V.I. Inc. anyway, and what's so bad about it? She tilted her head, giving a puzzled expression as she revealed her message.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/9/2010, 10:39 pm

"Oh, right." Jack said. He pulled Meena into the van and closed the door, driving the van out of the alley-way he was parked in, mentally noting how suspicious this probably looked like to Meena.
"Well...I don't know too much..." he began, stumbling a little.
"And a lot of it was said in what you already saw. Reporters go in, they don't come out, media starts spreading the issue, suddenly that stops...pretty much assuming E.V.I. is being a bit manipulative on that, so I think they've got something to hide." he explained, keeping an eye on the road.
"That, and they apparently don't have a database or anything I can hack into." he added with a frustrated tone.
"But kidnapping and keeping it secret seems suspicious enough...even the name sounds suspicious if you ask me."

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/9/2010, 11:10 pm

Meena had tensed when Jack had shut the door. She probably could kick his rear end, even better that she could mime now, but it still made her a little nervous. She started scribbling.

Disappearances, how many?
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/9/2010, 11:24 pm

Jack turned his head back to read the note pad, swerving off course for a second before snapping back and regaining control.
"Hm...five...that I know of." he said.
"Though I haven't paid much attention to them until recently...so it could be much much more than that. Probably is, seeing as people are pretty curious..." They were in a less crowded area now; maybe one or two people could be seen. He parked the car and turned back to look at Meena.
"Don't think I should drive while reading your notes." he said. He went over to one of the computers and fussed with it until a document popped up on screen.
"Looked into it. If you need to know anything about the people, that's where you wanna look." he muttered with a half smile.

The document showed information on the reporters that had seemingly vanished. Their names, age, a small bio, family left behind, etc.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 6/10/2010, 7:48 am

Halek wiped his brow as he walked in the door to his house. His parents were in a airforce base somewere in England so he was the only one in the house. "Woah.....what a night" Halek said as he sat down on his bed. He had spied on a mysterious company that did who knows what, and been punched square in the face by the best mercenary in the world. Halek began to experiment with some healing potions then slumped down on his bed and fell asleep.
Corvus31
Corvus31

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/10/2010, 9:11 am

Slade glanced at Jen. "What is it child?" He asked, a rather irritated tone to his voice. He Stuffed his damaged weapon into his overcoat before anyone could get a good look at it.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/10/2010, 11:16 am

Right. Thanks.

It had been awhile since somebody else was driving. She forgot how troublesome her notes were to people driving. She hunched over the computer, focusing on the bios. Wow..
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/10/2010, 11:43 am

"I might have. Then again, I might NOT." Slade replied. "Depends on how important he is. Lost boyfriend or something?" Slade asked of Jen.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/10/2010, 10:35 pm

Slade raised an eyebrow. "Kidnappings and such....." He repeated to himself. He pointed in the direction he saw Jack go last. "Last I saw he went that way." he said. But now he was intruiged- he didn't have a major job right now, and this company might be interesting to investigate, if nothing else.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity 6/11/2010, 6:31 pm

"Oh well." Airwave thought. "I was gonna write in it later, I'm actually pretty tired. The ride over to you guys was looonnngg and the driver was loud! I couldn't sleep with him and the other guy in front chatting the whole way." she yawned and leaned back, "Thanks."
Fishing4Infinity
Fishing4Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.