DC Comics Fanbase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sixth Sun

+3
Fishing4Infinity
Corvus31
Quickfeather
7 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Sixth Sun - Page 6 Empty Re: The Sixth Sun

Post by redeagle321 6/11/2010, 10:45 pm

"Easy- put my feet in front of each other and move." Slade answered, straightening his jacket and making sure none of his weapons remained visible. "Why don't I help you find..... whatever his name was?" Slade asked, still intruiged about this whole evil company bit.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/11/2010, 10:50 pm

Jack was playing around as he looked around the city; he hadn't been here very long. He kept an occasional eye on Meena in case she looked elsewhere on that computer...there were things stored there that he would rather be left un-seen.
"You think we should find somewhere to sleep for the night?" he asked, head stretched back and looking up at the sky through the windshield. He raised his head and looked around the cluttered van.
"Somewhere that isn't filthy." he muttered, reaching over and turning off most of the screens and electronics, minus the one Meena was using.

Marvin was walking through the mobs of people in E.V.I., trying to make it to the lobby, which was usually empty. He held a few pieces of paper in his hand, explaining the usual details of his repetitive mission; search for people showing interest in E.V.I., try persuading them to back off, killing them as a last resort. The occasional person was even struck up for a 'job interview' with the C.E.O. Marvin frowned to himself, the people flying past him as he glided through the floors; he was sincerely hoping for a more interesting assignment.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/11/2010, 11:02 pm

Meena opened her mouth to reply, quickly recollecting herself and clamping a hand over her mouth. The mime snatched the notepad again.

Could mime one, but invisible thing wouldn't work too well. She showed him that message first, grinning broadly. The girl then added,

Hotels nearby? No house?
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/11/2010, 11:17 pm

Jack smiled at the note before sliding back into the drivers seat.
"I don't exactly live here. More of a visitor." he said as he looked around.
"A hotel has to be somewhere." he added as he started driving out of the area and back to where they had came from; back to the busier part of the city. He opened a glove compartment and pulled out a small amount of money, giving Meena the smallest of glances; not all of the money was made entirely legally. He quickly went back to the steering wheel as he swerved off-course again.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/11/2010, 11:30 pm

Meena checked her own pockets for money. With her little gift, she hadn't thought to gather much money. Didn't seem like she would need it. After a quick once over in her pockets, she recovered: 3 $20 dollar bills, 3 $5 dollar bills, a ball of lint, stick of gum, her bo-stick, and three pennies. In total, $75.03 and materials to create a makeshift fishing rod, should she ever need one.

She waited for Jack to stop before she'd share her findings. After the first few swerves, she noticed how everything in the van jumped. The mime would rather exit the van conscious.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/12/2010, 9:01 pm

As Jack backtracked from where he came from, he noticed the man he'd seen on his way through talking to some girl with a...robot apparently. Ignoring them, he slid by and made it back to the busier part of the city. He parked and looked back at Meena.
"Well...this is as far as a van's going to get." he muttered, also mumbling something about having to bolt everything down to the floor. He slid the door open and hopped out. He locked the doors, keeping a door open for Meena and began looking around.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/12/2010, 9:18 pm

Meena gingerly stepped out of the van, shutting the door behind her. She tucked the notepad and pencil into her pocket.

Even after seeing the obviously real files on the computer, she wasn't completely at ease with Jack. An invisible lasso, (Classic she had smirked.) appeared in her grip as she scanned the area for a hotel.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/12/2010, 9:33 pm

After looking around for a few minutes, Jack had found a hotel to stay at for the night, and began walking towards it, though he noticed a small robot wandering around. Raising an eyebrow, he distractedly wandered over to it and bent down to get a better look at the thing.
"What's a robot doing walking around here..." he said under his breath as he nearly reached to pick it up.
He pulled his hand back and stood up; playing with random robots did not seem like a good idea, curious as he was.
But I suppose it's no use leaving it in the middle of nowhere...and I can always inspect it for anything malicious later... he thought, picking it up quickly and walking over the hotel. He looked back at Meena making sure she was still there. He couldn't see anything, but it looked almost like she was holding something.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/13/2010, 1:40 pm

Meena glanced over at Jack, noticing that he had snatched something from the ground before continuing towards the hotel. She sprinted after him, until they were walking at the same pace. Her hand gripped the lasso tightly.

Grabbing random objects from the ground, then not sharing what it was, really wasn't helping her trust towards him.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 6/14/2010, 9:22 am

Slade raised an eyebrow. "Robot, huh?" He asked. They walked around with robots- NOW he was VERY curious about these people. He looked around, not 100% sure what he was looking for.
redeagle321
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/14/2010, 4:46 pm

Jack stared down at the robot, trying to figure what it was for. He looked to his side when Meena started walking with him.
"I found this robot walking around..." he said almost absently, half-heartedly holding the robot up.
"I need to get some tools from my car then...be back in a second." he added, turning back to the car quickly to get some things to examine the robot.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/14/2010, 5:02 pm

"Cool!" Meena exclaimed, rooting her feet to the spot as she waited for Jack to return. She wanted to hold the cute little robot! Her fingers flexed around the invisible lasso, until she realized it was gone.

Darn it! I spoke! She cursed to herself. There went miming for another hour. Jack had just picked up a random two foot tall robot, and she wouldn't even have her powers for protection should anything happen. She kicked a stray pebble in a small huff.
(Playing a mime is hard when you have to keep in mind not to speak.)
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/14/2010, 5:06 pm

Jack had heard Meena say something, and made a mental note to not say much to her when they were in trouble. He was almost back at the van when he saw someone run up to him and jab him.
"Uh...hello?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and blinking.
"Oh, this is yours?" he added, confused, as he handed it back to her.
"I just found it walking around, didn't know it was yours, sorry."

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/14/2010, 5:24 pm

Jack rubbed that back of his head; there wasn't really a good answer here...
"Uh...I was planning on examining him in case he had anything malicious on him..." he muttered.
"Finding a robot just walking around was a little alarming to me, sorry..." he mumbled, wanting to walk back to the hotel and leave this situation.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/14/2010, 5:39 pm

Jack rubbed the back of his head again.
"Size doesn't quite matter...well, sometimes it does...I was talking about malicious stuff for spying and stuff like that." he said, with a glance back at the hotel.
"Seriously though, it was just a precaution. You taking him back gives me less of a need to do that...so yeah, guess that's all then?" He rose an eyebrow, not really expecting an answer and started inching away.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/16/2010, 2:52 pm

"Geek?" he snorted.
"Great first impression. And...yes I am him...?" he said a bit cautiously, worried that apparently the robot was supposed to find him.
"I should get back to what I was doing." he muttered, before walking away, a bit faster than usual, back to where he came from.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/16/2010, 3:41 pm

Meena rose an eyebrow at the approaching Jack, turning to glance behind him. She gave Jen a cautious wave, hoping to make friends not enemies. She smiled wryly, thinking, San Francisco, not even here for a day before I get my first fight...

Cool.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/16/2010, 6:45 pm

Jack was walking a bit slower now; he heard Jen say something about wanting to help. He turned back and have a glance, but still walking. He turned around, walking backwards, and called out warrily "What for?"

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/16/2010, 7:06 pm

Jack fell to the ground with a thud. He struggled a bit before he heard her ask about E.V.I....again.
"Get off me!" he said, raising his voice a bit, not wanting to make much of a scene.
"Seriously, I'll tell you if you get off me and let me get out of the streets..." he muttered, making a mental note that broadcasts can bring people to you even if your aim was entirely different.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/16/2010, 7:17 pm

Meena rushed towards Jack and Jen when Jack had been tackled. She gave a cautious wave, flashing Jack a "What the heck?!" look before smiling at Jen. "Hi there. Please don't hurt my friend."
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/16/2010, 7:21 pm

Jack grabbed Jen's hand and stood up.
"Thanks." he muttered.
"Now, uh, let me just check into that hotel and we can talk, all right?" he said, still a bit wary, but deciding that she was a bit vested in this, to say the least. He noticed Meena.
"She wants to know about E.V.I." he said.
"Speaking of...who are you anyways?"

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/16/2010, 7:33 pm

"Meena Fitz, better known as the Mime. Pleasure to meet you." Meena greeted, slightly confused at the sudden turn of events. First the girl had tackled Jack and now was claiming on wanting to join them. Then again, if you believed an evil company was making people disappear, who wouldn't want to help? she reminded herself, having thought the same thing a mere hour before.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/16/2010, 7:40 pm

"Jack Ha-...Jack, just call me Jack." he said, smiling a bit.
"Now...unless someone has a better idea, could we get off the streets and into the hotel?" he asked, walking back towards the hotel for the umpteenth time.

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa 6/16/2010, 7:57 pm

"Long story short, I mime stuff that is real. You just can't see it." Meena explained, giving a short laugh as she added, "And that's the problem, talking stops it for about an hour. An hour of free speech but no powers, as I see it." She pointed at Todd with her right hand. "And, who wouldn't yell after seeing a cool little robot?"

Meena was surprisingly at ease with Jen, telling about her abilities without a problem. That still didn't mean Meena trusted her, though, she was quickly falling into the ease of meeting new people.
Rinisa
Rinisa
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quickfeather 6/16/2010, 8:14 pm

Jack stepped into the hotel, finally, and walked to the desk in the lobby. He began talking to the man in a way that could almost be explained as haggling. After a while he slunk off back to the other two.
"Yeah, apparently people don't like it when you try to change their prices." he said with a smile.
"But, uh, unless you want me to bust into a room myself, I'm going to need a bit more money than I have..." he said sheepishly.
"Either one is good with me."

Quickfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.